TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Luminess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,794, Level: 12 Points: 6,794, Level: 12 Points: 6,794, Level: 12

Implantation or period? - November 22nd 2012, 12:44 AM

I'm back unfortunately. So today is the 21st, exactly 2 weeks after my missed period. My boyfriend and I had protected sex the 6th of October and my period came the next day but this month it never came. That is, until yesterday I started noticing that I was getting really moody and upset over nothing like I always do before my period. I've had light lower back pain as well for the past week. Today when I woke up my back pain was very severe as well as lower stomach pain so I figured I was getting my period. I took a pregnancy test last week and I just took one again this morning, both came up negative. Later on this afternoon I was going to the bathroom and had blood on my underwear so I put in a tampon. I had all the symptoms of my period, but I just took the tampon out and it wasn't even fully covered in blood I not bleeding anymore. I still have slight back pain though. Could this be implantation? Or stress or anything else?

Last edited by Luminess; November 22nd 2012 at 01:41 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Implantation or period? - November 22nd 2012, 02:54 AM

It's probably the onslaught of your period. If you had sex over a month ago, implantation bleeding would have happened back in October...not nearly two months later. I think you're fine. You took two pregnancy tests, leaving an AMPLE amount of time between the time you had sex and the first test taken. You're not pregnant.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread