TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stiena Offline
Average Joe

Name: Christian

Points: 8,871, Level: 13 Points: 8,871, Level: 13 Points: 8,871, Level: 13

Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 27th 2012, 03:03 PM

So, things have been weird in the reproductive way for the past several months. Because I live with so many females, my cycle adjusted to theirs. Now, it has yet to arrive. I thought it was my cycle readjusting, but as of now, it's 2 days late for that. I don't really want to jump on the bandwagon of "Oh god, I'm pregnant!", but I'm wondering if there's any other physical reason for it? I've never been late and I've never missed despite my high stress life and low body weight.

The boyfriend knows and he's of course freaked because both of us don't have the best home lives. His stepfather is abusive, as is my family. If I am pregnant, I don't know if I could get an abortion (I definitely could nowhere near afford one in this state; they're $600 and there's only TWO abortion clinics). The other two options terrify me. I don't want to be a single mother if the boyfriend runs for the hills.. I am 18, so it's not as bad, but I honestly have no idea what to do.

I am not alone- not beaten down just yet.. I am not afraid of the voices in my head. Down the darkest road, something follows me! I am not alone.. 'Cause misery loves my company!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 27th 2012, 03:18 PM

When in doubt, take a test. That'll be the way to be sure if you're pregnant or not.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Points: 11,294, Level: 15 Points: 11,294, Level: 15 Points: 11,294, Level: 15

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 27th 2012, 03:35 PM

Stress can effect your cycle as can your diet and exercise patterns. There is no other way to know for sure if you are pregnant unless you take a test.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 27th 2012, 03:58 PM

There are several reasons why a period may be late. Stress (such as having an abusive home life), changes in diet and exercise, and age as well. You're 18, so you're still fairly young. Cycles can be effected, no matter what age. Your body could just be adjusting to a new cycle.Of course, if you've had sex, pregnancy can play a factor in that as well. Take a test to ease your mind.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 27th 2012, 04:40 PM

Like everyone else said, the only way to know for sure is to just take a test. So I'd do that, you can figure out what to do when you get the results. If you get a postive test you can always make a call to planned parenthood (or visit an office if its available to you) and figure out what to do if you want to abort but can't afford it, or you could always ask your doctor too.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stiena Offline
Average Joe

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 28th 2012, 02:23 AM

It's the end of the second day and period still seems to be MIA. I thought it started this morning, but it was more like spotting which is not good :/ If my period doesn't start again some time tomorrow, I'm getting a test because I know that a good percentage of women get implantation spotting when their period is due. I'm hoping my body is just seriously out of whack because of the holidays, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see. I guess I'll keep you guys posted

I am not alone- not beaten down just yet.. I am not afraid of the voices in my head. Down the darkest road, something follows me! I am not alone.. 'Cause misery loves my company!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Stiena Offline
Average Joe

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 28th 2012, 09:42 PM

Ugh. Judging by the excruciating cramps which kept me from doing anything other than going in and out of the bathroom today, my period is here. A tad off the subject, but, I'm getting really annoyed that I'm "not allowed" on birth control. I'd like to stab somebody in the abdomen and make them see how it feels EVERY MONTH! Endometriosis sucks and so do painkillers because they barely work at all -.- I don't want to deal with this at school anymore because of the idiotic policy on pills which about got me suspended because they're too stupid to understand. I've gone to the doctor 3 freaking times and talked about it countless times with my mother, but nothing ever changes because of how "dangerous" the pill is -.- Screw my life. I'm so sick of this not being taken seriously!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Uh.. oops.. Late Period - December 29th 2012, 05:57 AM

I know this is off-topic with the thread, so you may want to open a thread in General Health or Sex and Puberty (one or the other, not both obviously!) But endometriosis is a very serious condition and birth control helps it A LOT. Your insurance should cover birth control, as this condition is very well treated by it. How old are you? I'd get.on the pill on your eighteenth birthday, hahaha.

something burning?
Closed Thread