TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Let's celebrate!
(Click me to find out why.)
Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jamie Sue

Question I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 01:34 AM

I think i am pregnant with my best friend child. I know i am. I am 14 and my mother will not let me keep it. The thing is my best friend killed himself a few weeks ago. I have no idea what i am going to do. I want to keep it. But i do not know what my mother will do if did.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Morsmordre Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 01:51 AM

You have taken a test and know for sure you are pregnant? If so, please tell your mother as soon as possible. Being pregnant at a young age is a pretty scary thing and you need tons of support. I'm really sorry to hear about the death of your friend, I'm sure that's a really tough thing to deal with. The sooner you talk to your mother about this the sooner you and her can decide on what you will do. If she doesn't want you to keep the baby you can always give the baby up for adoption. If you want to stay in his/her life you can always discuss an open adoption with the parents that you choose. This way you will be given updates, sent pictures, etc.. of the child.

I wish you the best of luck telling your mother. Please let us know how everything goes.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 10:09 AM

Do you know for sure if you're pregnant? Take a pregnancy test as soon as possible so you can know for sure. There isn't any reason worrying about this until you know. This isn't something that you would want to go through alone, especially at 14 so you should tell your mother. Either way she will find out and I'm sure she'd appreciate it more if you told her straight.

This isn't something that you should take likely, and your mother would help you get through this

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 01:09 PM

I told her and she freaked out. She cursed me out. She told me to go sleep with my other friend and have his child. She hasn't talked to me since. This was why i was scared to tell her.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 01:27 PM

I'm sorry that your mother said that. She probably needs some time to come to grips with what you have told her. Give her some time to calm down. You will need her support through this being so young.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Morsmordre Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 01:48 PM

Give her some time to cool down. Hearing that your daughter is a huge thing to deal with. Talk to her within the next day and let her know that you need her whether she supports your pregnancy or not.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 05:01 PM

I agree that you should find out for sure if you are pregnant. You can take an over the counter pregnancy test, those can be bought at most grocery stores or pharmacies. The results will be accurate as long as it has been at least fourteen days since you have had sex. Once you know for sure if you are pregnant you can start to make a plan. But until you know for sure, just try to relax and go take a test.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#8 (permalink)) Old
maer995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maria

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 05:29 PM

I'm really sorry to hear of your friend.. that is really horrible and about the baby if you are pregnant and considering abortion you have to do it quickly and this is why your mum cant just stop talking to you she is part of this as well, you're her daughter! she will calm down but you have to talk to her, explain that you need her help and you can't decide by yourself

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maer995 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear of your friend.. that is really horrible and about the baby if you are pregnant and considering abortion you have to do it quickly and this is why your mum cant just stop talking to you she is part of this as well, you're her daughter! she will calm down but you have to talk to her, explain that you need her help and you can't decide by yourself
I was adopted 3 years ago by her. And i do not believe in abortion. I think i am going to do an open adoption. Its not what i want. It is what the baby needs. I want Chase's blood to go on. Thanks.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 07:36 PM

Have you tested? You have not said whether you have. At this point, a missed period does not mean you are pregnant. It can be from other issues such as being stressed. Judging by your other posts, you do sound like you're under stress if you're considering running away and if your best friend killed himself. Also, wanting to be pregnant can cause you to notice signs that could otherwise be explained by other issues. You should test to know for sure.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Re: I dont know what to do - April 3rd 2014, 08:24 PM

i did test

(#12 (permalink)) Old
15mommy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont know what to do - April 4th 2014, 05:08 PM

Hi Jays. Being a teen mom isn't that bad. And you can always try to raise your baby after it. I'm sure your mom will calm down and it would be better to talk to her when she is calmer. I am here to talk you can send me a message and I will respond as soon as I see it. I had my son a week ago and I'm only 15. Please know that I'm here to talk if you need it.

Closed Thread