TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Scaring my period away or pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t134510-scaring-my-period-away-pregnant/)

BlackPoison9 November 27th 2014 01:00 AM

Scaring my period away or pregnant?

Hey everyone! Im 18 y/o and just came here cause I need urgent advice but I have no one close enough that I can tell this to.

About a month ago my boyfriend and I went on a weird having sex spree- we had sex like six or seven times during two weeks. We ALWAYS used a condom, each time, because my parents had me when they were 17 y/o and I'm pretty aware that I don't want a baby at this early age. He did finger me but he hadn't touched his dick or anything, so I doubt his fingers had cum on them or something.

Anyway, my period is now about 3 or 4 days late, and though I'm not always regular, I'm wondering if my stress is holding my period back or something? On the first days I got worried (like two weeks ago), I'd also go pee A LOT, and I was like OK THIS IS IT IM PREGNANT. It's now stopped and I don't have any symptoms or whatsoever.

Also it'd be quite hard for me to get a pregnancy test cause we don't have the money (that's why we had condoms, haha!)

This is driving me nuts! So any advice will be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Lizzie November 27th 2014 02:31 AM

Re: Scaring my period away or pregnant?

It's possible that it's just stress, but condoms are not 100% effective against preventing pregnancy so there is always a chance. I highly recommend that you take a pregnancy test just to be sure.

And in the future, getting on a more regular birth control, is something to consider. Talk to your doctor about your birth control options.

DeletedAccount69 November 27th 2014 03:27 AM

Hey there,

Stress can cause your period to be irregular. However, I would suggest that you get a pregnancy test just to be certain. I know this is a scary thing to be going through but a pregnancy test will help you to determine if you are pregnant and then you and your boyfriend will be able to talk about what options you have available.

I think it is great that the two of you were using condoms but condoms are not 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. In the future you might want to consider looking into other options such as birth control.

I hope this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

Coey November 27th 2014 08:13 PM

I don't know exactly where you're from, but you could always go to your local Planned Parenthood to get a pregnancy test done.

Lelola November 29th 2014 03:18 AM

I strongly recommend trying to get a pregnancy test. They sell some in the dollar store.

Kindred November 30th 2014 06:40 PM

If you used a condom, it's highly unlikely you're pregnant. Although they're not always effective, they are pretty safe.

Yes, it's likely this is caused by stress. If you still don't get your period soon, take a test (or if you're really worried). But I would say you'll be fine. Periods can be regular and then turn completely irregular, or vice versa, and stress is one of the things to influence them.