TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   Pregnant after rape? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t135216-pregnant-after-rape/)

LadySerine December 27th 2014 05:33 AM

Pregnant after rape?

10 days ago, my uncle raped me. I have another post on that. My doctor gave me a really sensitive pregnancy test , and it was positive . She said positive results at VERY accurate. I'm not sure what to do or what to think. The baby that is supposedly inside of me is my uncles . That's inbreeding , which everyone says is really bad. I'm just so confused and lost and really need help . Does anyone have any advice?

michiganlion2 December 27th 2014 05:45 AM

Re: Pregnant after rape?

Inbreeding is very bad for the baby (low birth weight, low functioning immune system, deformed features, genetic diseases etc.) Being pregnant at your age (your profile says 12, so I'm going off of that) isn't healthy as it is. I didn't read your post on the rape itself, but I'm hoping that you notified the police and had a rape kit done.

Personally, I am Catholic, but I'm not "pro-life" in every case, and rape is one of those cases. I'm very maternal, so thinking about the baby and myself, I would personally get an abortion.

I hope that your uncle's sick mistake haunts him for the rest of his life, but more importantly, I hope you are safe and do what you have to do.

Eternal December 27th 2014 09:09 PM

Didn't the nurse give you any sort of information about what your options are? She should have told you about abortion clinics near-by, the effects of inbreeding, information about locals support groups, etc. And she should have notified your parents about this, especially because you are a minor. If your parents don't already know, you have to tell them. They can help you make your decision and can make sure what your uncle did will never happen again. I know it's scary to speak up about this, but unless you say something he is free and won't have any repercussions for what he did.

Chai. December 27th 2014 10:59 PM

Hey there, I read in your other thread that your other knows about this. Since you are 12, I suggest you sit with your mother and your nurse and discuss the options that you have. Right now, you need and deserve the support of your family, so don't hesitate to ask for it. I would personally get an abortion, just saying.
I hope things work out. I am really sorry that you are going through this. Stay strong, please. :hug:

DeletedAccount19 December 27th 2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pug Princess (Post 1159298)
Didn't the nurse give you any sort of information about what your options are? She should have told you about abortion clinics near-by, the effects of inbreeding, information about locals support groups, etc. And she should have notified your parents about this, especially because you are a minor. If your parents don't already know, you have to tell them. They can help you make your decision and can make sure what your uncle did will never happen again. I know it's scary to speak up about this, but unless you say something he is free and won't have any repercussions for what he did.

They are legally required to do these.