TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Let's celebrate!
(Click me to find out why.)
Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mibbz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Spudley

Forming a backup plan to ease my troubled mind. - January 27th 2015, 03:35 AM

I often go through the list of symptoms and fret over the possibility of the fact. The pill could have failed. I could have messed up because I don't religiously take it on the hour every day. I go through the list, getting paranoid about what could count as something to worry about and whether or not it's caused by what I'm scared of being the case or if it's just me feeling like crap on a daily basis. Am I fatigued from stress? Am I nauseous from having a picky appetite? The constant answer is that the only way to know for sure is to take a test and or go see the ob-gyn to get tested for it.

Now, why worry about this outside of the common "I'm not ready"? Well, my boyfriend and I have to lie to his family about being sexually active due to the over bearing attitudes they have as they shove their religion and give us fake reasons why we're not ready for it. He swears they'd probably help out if it were to happen, but I can't shake the feeling that they'd try dictating everything if they did. My "father" has told me many times that he would kick me out, that "I could go live with him."

So, I've taken it upon myself to try and come up with a backup plan to ensure that if it does happen I have ways of dealing with it. I have yet to graduate from failing to meet the criteria last year and don't I have my drivers license yet, or even a car to drive if I did have it. I'm guessing it's obvious how close I am to being able to find and or maintain a job. I haven't worked a day in my life.

Food, shelter, an income to pay for necessities later down the line. I would be forced to become independent when I have no actual way of doing so.

I suppose my questions would be that if I do become pregnant, is there a way to confirm my suspicions since I'm on the pill? and What information should I look for if I happen to become homeless and helpless?

Send a message via Skype™ to mibbz 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LuckyCharmz Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Shannon

Re: Forming a backup plan to ease my troubled mind. - January 27th 2015, 12:53 PM

Firstly, I think it's wonderful you're coming up with a back up plan of sorts. Many people who experience pregnancy way before they expected too, have no such plan. It comes just as a huge surprise. But, with 9 months to grow a baby, it's easy to come up with something.

Secondly, to answer your questions: because you're on the pill (but not taking it as it's meant to, at the same time every day), there is going to a chance of pregnancy. Especially if you're only relying on your BC, and not condoms as well. Sure, one might be good enough but do you want to take a chance? Together, the chances of pregnancy are basically nonexistent. Regardless, the answer to your question is no, there isn't really any way to confirm your suspicions other than a pregnancy test. Tests can be taken up to 14 days after you've had sex, which should give you a positive result if you do happen to become pregnant. Taking one earlier than 14 days may result in a false negative or false positive, which will only cause you greater stress down the line.

Thirdly, there are plenty of programs that mom's can use in order to maintain a stable life for their child. I hate to use this as an example, but Kailyn from MTV's TeenMom found a housing unit that helped young, single mothers with an apartment. But, first and foremost on the list should be finding stable work, something that could help you in the long run. Because, welfare in the US is getting harder to get.

Closed Thread