TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
14O4 Offline
EK
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tyye

Considering Testing - But NOT Yet - February 7th 2015, 09:34 AM

I've been educating myself for a few days, and hours, and now I am literally considering testing.

The sore boobs < that are still sore every now and then is one reason, but that was more period related so it wasn't very convincing.

The white mucus < that was a real reason to consider, yet I think that can be a period symptom too.

Fatigue < I'm not sure, because I stay up really late, but I do have trouble sleeping every now and then, and I find myself napping more, but I do that often, so I'm not bending on that one.

Cramps< 3 days straight last week, had continuous ones. My body was acting like it was on it's period, but it wasn't, but that caaan be a pms thing also.

Body temp < I hate being hot when I experience my cycle too, so that's not a big deal to me.

back pain < haven't had much of that, but some comes and goes.

NOW , going to the bathroom is kind of an issue. I'm not sure why this has occurred. I've never had trouble going to the bathroom before.

But the one thing that has me wondering now are my areolas. They're darker.

I'm NOT panicking or anything, but I am trying to be cautious and also, not jump the gun here. Here is the thing, I don't want to test UNLESS I miss a period.

The problem is, (with me being diabetic) my mom (who is also diabetic) stressed to me a lot when I was about 18 that if I ever got pregnant I would need to find out asap, because any pregnancy I have would be high risk because of my diabetes.

My dilemma here is, I could wait it out, which I'm determined to do. Or I could talk to my mom about it all and test, but I don't even want to mention the possibility to her unless I'm 100% sure that it's a high possibility. Plus, I don't wanna waste my time getting a test for nothing.

It's now been 20 days since sex, and I'm now trying to come to terms with which action to take.

This might would be an easy decision for other people, but this is actually hard for me. I'm really unsure right now.

You have a problem with me? Well that's not my problem

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Considering Testing - But NOT Yet - February 7th 2015, 03:13 PM

Hey there! First things first, breathe love. Everything is going to be okay. I know things like this can be scary, but when we stress, we tend to make these things worse on ourselves, and that's never any fun. Most people recommend testing only after you've missed your first period, but there are tests that can detect up to 5 days before your first missed period. BEFORE you test, I do want to give you a tad bit of advice though.

~Since you are 20 (according to your profile) your boobs will still grow a tad and get sore, or will get sore from wearing a bra to long ect. It's just kind of one of those things us girls will have to deal with sadly.

~The white mucus thing could be a few things, and could pass, but if it's bothering you, i'd go speak to your doctor about it.

~The fatigue happens. If your mood changes, your activity levels change, if your stress levels change. You will become fatigued. Normally, it passes with time. Maybe if you get more rest at night. It may help.

~Cramps are just a part of life that us ladies have to deal with, and to be quite frank, we have go three years and have the same cycle, and then for whatever reason, it changes on it, and it could be for the smallest reason. Like a change in our multivitamin. If it's bothering you, you could always see your doctor.

~Body temp and hot flashes are common during the cycle. I wouldn't see much in to it unless it get's really high.

"areolas. They're darker." This is what got me. If your areolas are darker it's from a hormone change, which could be totally normal, but most woman in their pregnancy experience this later on as well as a line running up and down their abdomen called 'linea nigra' that's caused from increase in hormone. That normally fades of course.

I say that if you fear for your safety, then get tested, but if not hold off. I hope I could help.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
14O4 Offline
EK
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tyye

Re: Considering Testing - But NOT Yet - February 7th 2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathmaticiousforlife View Post
Hey there! First things first, breathe love. Everything is going to be okay. I know things like this can be scary, but when we stress, we tend to make these things worse on ourselves, and that's never any fun. Most people recommend testing only after you've missed your first period, but there are tests that can detect up to 5 days before your first missed period. BEFORE you test, I do want to give you a tad bit of advice though.

~Since you are 20 (according to your profile) your boobs will still grow a tad and get sore, or will get sore from wearing a bra to long ect. It's just kind of one of those things us girls will have to deal with sadly.

~The white mucus thing could be a few things, and could pass, but if it's bothering you, i'd go speak to your doctor about it.

~The fatigue happens. If your mood changes, your activity levels change, if your stress levels change. You will become fatigued. Normally, it passes with time. Maybe if you get more rest at night. It may help.

~Cramps are just a part of life that us ladies have to deal with, and to be quite frank, we have go three years and have the same cycle, and then for whatever reason, it changes on it, and it could be for the smallest reason. Like a change in our multivitamin. If it's bothering you, you could always see your doctor.

~Body temp and hot flashes are common during the cycle. I wouldn't see much in to it unless it get's really high.

"areolas. They're darker." This is what got me. If your areolas are darker it's from a hormone change, which could be totally normal, but most woman in their pregnancy experience this later on as well as a line running up and down their abdomen called 'linea nigra' that's caused from increase in hormone. That normally fades of course.

I say that if you fear for your safety, then get tested, but if not hold off. I hope I could help.
Thanks a lot, and yes you did. Another reason why I posted the symptoms too, and signified some of them as still having pms signs, is because a lot of people go through those significant things and come looking for answers. And I feel that it's better to list personal experiences because it can also help others.

A lot of girls, like myself, try not to stress, because as you said stress can induce things, and when you've never experienced something it is scary. I would test early, but I'm a BIG IF factor. Basically in my head it's, if I test and my period starts soon after, that was a waste. So I think I want to wait but at the same time, I'm still biased because of my mother's "cautious words" (She did make it sound pretty extreme) to me.

You have a problem with me? Well that's not my problem

Closed Thread