TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Let's celebrate!
(Click me to find out why.)
Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashley 101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley cooper

infertile ? - March 16th 2015, 08:41 PM

Don't know if this is the right place to put this but I may be infertile as it runs in my family and I haven't had a period in 9 months and I'm a Virgin really scared coz all I ever wanted was a family I never had one and the thought of not being a mummy is horrible plus my sister is pregnant so every time I look at her I see what I may never have and I can't get away from her coz I live with her but I'm scared il never get married because who would want me if I can't give them children I know i couldn't stand by someone if they couldn't have kids and I could

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: infertile ? - March 17th 2015, 09:48 AM

Hi Ashley.

There's a lot of reasons for mixed up or absent periods, including diet changes, stress, and hormonal changes, especially when you've only been having them for a few years. And if you're stressing about whether or not it will come, it can make it less likely to appear (unfair, I know.) I really think instead of worrying about this the best thing to do would be to talk to a doctor and make sure everything's ok.
Just because infertility runs in your family it doesn't mean you need to worry about not getting married. If someone loves you for you they'll want to marry you regardless of any issues that may come along the way. There are also plenty of couples out there unable to conceive who have become parents through other options.
Take care!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: infertile ? - March 18th 2015, 01:51 AM

Hey there,

I know that this is a big concern of yours but I think that instead of worrying about this you should talk to your doctor about the absence of a period and see what he/she has to say. There are definitely a number of different factors that could contribute to a period being irregular and it doesn't have to be infertility.

As for someone not wanting you, there are people that would still want to be with you even if you couldn't give them children. There are people out there who don't want children and are still able to find relationships. Children are just one component of a relationship.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AdvicePrincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: infertile ? - March 21st 2015, 12:22 AM

Being infertile is not the end of the world. Due to many mental illnesses, and physical illnesses and eventually a hysterectomy I had to come to terms with the fact that I would never have children. For me it was never a choice. I never got to choose if I would have kids or not. There are people out there who will love you in spite of this. I have a loving fiance who doesn't care about the children thing. After my hysterectomy I felt the most saddened when I would see a parent with a child and now sometimes I wish my fiance could be a dad someday because I know he'd be good at it, but I don't focus on it. I consider my pets my children. And my fiance always said that we can spend more time on us without children. We can vacation and do anything we want without having to worry about kids. And don't get me started on the money children cost. I have cost my parents millions upon millions of dollars with all of my physical and mental problems over the years. I am grateful for who I am. I would recommend seeing a doctor to find out if you truly cannot have kids. You may just be overthinking it and you may not have a real issue. If you truly cannot have children sure it's a blow but it doesn't mean your life is over. Family doesn't mean parents & children. It means a loving home with those you choose to surround yourself with whether it be just you and your spouse, pets, or children. Being infertile is not a death sentence. It opens up your world to new possibilities.

~AdvicePrincess~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: infertile ? - March 25th 2015, 11:42 PM

Hey Ashley,
There is always the chance that you may not be infertile, speak to a doctor about your concerns, there may be tests that they are able to do to check your fertility. I can really relate to the fear of never being able to have a child. I had an operation to remove a large cyst on one side of my ovary, they had to remove a part of my ovary and I also suffer with polycystic ovary syndrome, so I do understand.
Speak to your doctors about your concerns, they may be able to give you some more information, explain to them that there are people in your family who haven't been able to have children. As difficult as it is try not to get yourself stressed about this, stress can also affect your period. In this day and age and with technology advancing there are plenty of ways for people to have children.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm always here if you need to talk.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: infertile ? - April 5th 2015, 10:54 PM

I understand where you're coming from. I have a very irregular period so I know it'll be difficult for me to get pregnant, but as far as I know I am capable of having children. I learned that from my doctor because I voiced my concerns. It's important that you talk to your doctor about your concerns so that you know what to expect. Don't get worried about it now. There could be a number of reasons why you have an absent/infrequent period cycle. If you talk to a doctor, they'll be more than happy to help you when it comes to having a child. In the meantime, try to relax and don't worry about if someone will love you or not, more than likely they will.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

Closed Thread