TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Let's celebrate!
(Click me to find out why.)
Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kaekaeelizabeth Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaelah

Is it normal? - May 5th 2015, 06:18 PM

Is it normal to want to have a baby at this age? Im 15 and want a baby. I find out tuesday if i am and if im not i am planning on it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Is it normal? - May 6th 2015, 02:13 AM

I would say that there are people who desire children at a very young age however that doesn't mean they should go out and have a child. Children are really expensive and require a lot of attention and you have to think if you and your significant other could handle the commitment. Do you have a job? If not do you have other means to support the child? What about school? Having a high school diploma or GED is really important. Most jobs require one of these things at the very minimum. If you have a child your social life will change completely. You won't be able to go hang out with friends whenever you want, you'll have to plan it around whether or not you have a babysitter or something along those lines. Your life changes immensely when you have a baby. I know I want kids one day but I am no where near ready and I am an adult.

These are just some things to think about before making that decision.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kaekaeelizabeth Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaelah

Re: Is it normal? - May 6th 2015, 02:25 AM

Change of plans...i was gunna try to get pregnant if im not already...but now they are throwing a fit...so that isnt gunna happen for a while...and they are not taking me to find out tuesday because they dont think i am. so ill find out the hard way and they want me to get on birth control....which im suppose to be on but i always forgot to take the stupid thing so i just stopped. bc i wont take the shot or the thing that gets put in your arm...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Is it normal? - May 7th 2015, 12:48 AM

Honestly, I think getting on birth control is in your best interest. Is there a reason why you don't want to go on the shot or implanon ( I think that's what it is called). I honestly thought I would have trouble taking the pill because I forget to take my other medications but it's been easy because I am so paranoid about getting pregnant. If you don't feel like you can take a pill every day you might want to talk about other options available. I know there is a patch that some people use. I think you wear it for three weeks and take it off for a week but I haven't looked into that method because the pill has been working just fine for me.

Best of luck and if you need anything feel free to message me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Is it normal? - May 14th 2015, 12:38 AM

The shot isn't that bad. People freak out over needles. It has the benefit of working for about 3 months. It does not protect against STDs though. I used to give it to myself. There is a version that goes into the fat and not muscle and can be used on the stomach but I do not know if the subq version lasts as long as the IM version.

The patch is also a good one but it is also weight dependent. I used it when I was skinnier. You should not smoke with any birth control, but you def do not want to smoke with the patch.

If you honestly do not think you would be responsible with the pill, you should consider back up methods. You should be using condoms every time because that protects against sexually transmitted diseases.

I think it is normal to want a baby but it is responsible to take measures not to have a child at that point in your life. Having a child is a lot of responsibility and you should have a source of good income and be able to support yourself. Living on your own is also important in my opinion because it gives you time to learn basic skills like adequate time management and budgeting.

Closed Thread