TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz12Girl Offline
Member :-)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz (or Elizabeth)

Points: 5,551, Level: 11 Points: 5,551, Level: 11 Points: 5,551, Level: 11

Question When will I get my period? - July 13th 2015, 11:51 AM

Ok so I'm only 11 but I haven't got my period yet and all my friends have. I have most of the puberty signs and have done for about a year but, nope no period. The quiz I took on Google said 0-2 months but it said that last time, which was about a year ago. Someone please tell me I won't be infertile when I'm older. I'm sort of worried.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: When will I get my period? - July 13th 2015, 12:03 PM

Don't worry. Some people just need longer to get their periode than others.
I got mine when I was about 12 or 13 and as far as I know everything with my body is fine.
Some people will get theirs even later but even if you only get it with 16 (I know someone who did) doesn't mean you will be infertil.
Also there can be some outside factors, that might influence you. Like, if you don't eat enough or are really stressed, then you might not get your periode until your not stressed anymore and your body has recoverd from it.
I'm sure you will get your periode sooner or later

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: When will I get my period? - July 13th 2015, 03:37 PM

I got mine when I was 11but I was one month away from being 12. Loads of people get it later than that so it isn't anything to worry about. Do you know when your mother got hers? That can be an indication for when you'll get yours
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: When will I get my period? - July 13th 2015, 05:11 PM

You shouldn't have to worry about anything until you're at least 14. You are only 11, the average age for onset of puberty is around 12.6 years. You've got at least a year to go, so relax. Just be happy you don't have it while your friends do; it's a pain!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: When will I get my period? - July 13th 2015, 06:09 PM

Most of your friends have their periods? That's actually so weird to me. I got my period when I was 10 (but my 11th birthday was legit 1-2 months afterwards) and I always considered myself an early bloomer. Most of my friends were 12 (on average) when they got their periods, some were like me, but others were like 13+ when they got their period, one of my friends was even 15.

It is so normal what you are experiencing right now, I wouldn't sweat it to much cause you are only 11 and having your period is a total hassle any how, so you're really missing nothing.

You could get your period tomorrow or a year from now, sometimes it can take a while for that particular thing to come up, even though you're shaving your legs and have boobs and stuff.

The only time it's "weird" not to have your period is if your over 16 cause then it is totally delayed. I would say to just be patient for now.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: When will I get my period? - July 13th 2015, 10:05 PM

I didn't get mine until nearly 14, and all my friends had started earlier like you. I know it can be worrying and sometimes you want to see what all the fuss is about but trust me, it'll happen. This doesn't mean you're infertile!

Take as long as you need.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18

Re: When will I get my period? - July 14th 2015, 07:47 PM

It depends, really. I got mine at a young age... 10 years old. My mom get hers at 13 or 14. My friend was a late bloomer as was her entire family so she didn't get hers till 16 or 17 (typically not common, but this was due to genetics). You really shouldn't rush your period. I absolutely hate it, but, it is what is. :P

(#8 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: When will I get my period? - July 14th 2015, 09:11 PM

I remember really wanting to get my period when I was around your age because most of my friends started earlier than I did. I eventually lied about it to fit in. I got my first one right after I turned twelve. I was with my uncle, and had really bad cramps the night before and he had to go out and buy me stuff. I was embarrassed but luckily I'm close to that uncle. My younger cousin got hers when she was nine and she was in a lot of pain. But, I remember my friends telling me to be happy that I didn't have it because of how annoying it can be sometimes and I wish I would have listened to them. You'll get your period eventually, and you'll have it for years after initially getting it. I know it's easier said than done, but try to enjoy not having to worry about it for as long as you can.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
Closed Thread