TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nik232 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Chances of pregnancy? - August 31st 2015, 04:44 PM

I am very tensed. We are very young and DO NOT want a pregnancy. We tried to be safe during our sexual meetings. She is 5 days late on her period.

Her last period started on 28 July and ended around 1st August. Sometime around 21-23 August, she “felt” her period coming. She had all the usual symptoms she gets before her period (pain in lower belly area, cravings, extra thirst and “feeling”). She thought its about to come but it never did. And these symptoms lasted for 2 days. It has also happened a few times before as well so she thought its just one of those times.

Following are the details of the sexual meetings:

August 6. We were in car. She rubbed me with her hand inside my pant and I ejaculated in the pants. I rubbed her clitoris. My fingers might have touched her vagina too, but just touched – did not go inside. There is a possibility that my fingers may have gotten some semen on them (but only a tiny bit, so little that I didn’t notice). During this meeting, there was NO penis and vagina contact. Fingers DID NOT go inside vagina. IF my fingers got any semen on them, it was so little that it was unnoticeable.

August 9. We were in car. She rubbed me with her hand inside my pant. Pre-cum might have gotten on her hand. Neither of our hands went inside her pant. During this meeting, there was absolutely no contact with her vagina of anything so I assume we were completely safe here.

August 12. Same scenario as August 6 but I did not ejaculate. Only pre-cum maybe. NO penis and vagina contact. Fingers did not go inside her vagina.

August 14. We were in car. This time I took down her pant. I licked her vagina. Then I rubbed her clitoris. Fingers did not go inside. As I was lying on her with my pants on, penis area WITH MY PANTS ON may have touched with her naked vagina area (I probably had pre-cum inside my pant). After this she pulled up her pant. Then she rubbed my penis from over the pant and I ejaculated inside the pant but some semen came out through pant (as I was wearing underwear + jeans pants so only a little could make its way through these clothings). But at this time she had her pants full on so its very unlikely that semen found its way to her vagina. During this meeting, my pants were on the entire time, there was no direct naked penis and vagina contact. Fingers did not go inside her vagina. Neither of our hands went inside my pants.

August 22. Same scenario as August 14. But this time I did not ejaculate and I did not touch her vagina (only licked it). I did feel pre-cum (wetness) in my pants. During this meeting, there was NO penis and vagina contact. Fingers did not go inside her vagina. Neither of our hands went inside my pants.

August 24. She rubbed me from over my shorts but I didn’t ejaculate, only precum. Neither of our hands went inside her pants this time. She had her pants on the entire time.

SUMMARY OF THE ABOVE: There was NO intercourse. No penis/vagina penetration. No penis/vagina contact. No finger/vagina penetration. Worst case would be that either of us had precum or semen on our fingers and accidently touched vagina, without penetration.

Based on the above scenarios, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF HER BEING PREGNANT? Should I be worried?

Second question; what are the chances of someone getting pregnant if you have semen on your hand and you touch vagina but without penetration/without penis and vagina contact?

Don’t ask how but its not very easy for me to get my hands on a pregnancy test. And even if I do get it, and ask her to take it, it WILL freak her out and stress can further delay the period.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - August 31st 2015, 05:19 PM

Hey there,

First off, I just want to say that there are many different reasons that could cause a period to be late. One of the most common reasons for this, is as you mentioned already, stress. Things such as change in diet, exercise, etc. can also throw off the menstruation cycle.

To answer your question, sexual contact comes with risk. From what you have described, it seems like there is a very low chance of pregnancy. In order for pregnancy to occur, semen needs to have been inside of the woman. If this did not happen, pregnancy cannot occur. Therefore, from what you have described, it is unlikely that she is pregnant.

To answer your second question, without intercourse, the risk of pregnancy is lowered significantly, however if there is any activity where there's the chance that semen comes into contact with the vagina there is always a small risk involved.

If her period is already late and once 14 days have passed since the dates you have mentioned, she can take a pregnancy test. This gives the body enough time to generate enough pregnancy hormones for a urine test to detect. A pregnancy test will also give you both a peace of mind if you're still worried. I understand that you said it would be difficult for you to get one, however if her period becomes extremely late or if you both continue to worry, either one of you should purchase a test as this is a responsibility that comes with being sexually active. You can purchase a test at a pharmacy or some grocery stores.

Pregnancy scares are stressful. In the future, you may want to think of different ways to be sexually active, that won't put you through this sort of situation again. Condoms are a simple way to protect yourself and your partner from pregnancy and STI's. Try to learn from this situation, so you will feel more comfortable being sexually active in the future.

Hope this helps a bit.
Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
nik232 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - August 31st 2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyshi View Post
Hey there,

First off, I just want to say that there are many different reasons that could cause a period to be late. One of the most common reasons for this, is as you mentioned already, stress. Things such as change in diet, exercise, etc. can also throw off the menstruation cycle.

To answer your question, sexual contact comes with risk. From what you have described, it seems like there is a very low chance of pregnancy. In order for pregnancy to occur, semen needs to have been inside of the woman. If this did not happen, pregnancy cannot occur. Therefore, from what you have described, it is unlikely that she is pregnant.

To answer your second question, without intercourse, the risk of pregnancy is lowered significantly, however if there is any activity where there's the chance that semen comes into contact with the vagina there is always a small risk involved.

If her period is already late and once 14 days have passed since the dates you have mentioned, she can take a pregnancy test. This gives the body enough time to generate enough pregnancy hormones for a urine test to detect. A pregnancy test will also give you both a peace of mind if you're still worried. I understand that you said it would be difficult for you to get one, however if her period becomes extremely late or if you both continue to worry, either one of you should purchase a test as this is a responsibility that comes with being sexually active. You can purchase a test at a pharmacy or some grocery stores.

Pregnancy scares are stressful. In the future, you may want to think of different ways to be sexually active, that won't put you through this sort of situation again. Condoms are a simple way to protect yourself and your partner from pregnancy and STI's. Try to learn from this situation, so you will feel more comfortable being sexually active in the future.

Hope this helps a bit.
Take care. :]
"In order for pregnancy to occur, semen needs to have been inside of the woman."

Does this mean semen needs to be deposited INSIDE (not on) the vagina? This could happen only if you penetrate with your penis and ejaculate in there or if you have it on your fingers and you INSERT the fingers in. It cannot happen if you have semen/precum on your fingers and you touch the outer side of vagina without inserting fingers in. Right?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - August 31st 2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik232 View Post
"In order for pregnancy to occur, semen needs to have been inside of the woman."

Does this mean semen needs to be deposited INSIDE (not on) the vagina? This could happen only if you penetrate with your penis and ejaculate in there or if you have it on your fingers and you INSERT the fingers in. It cannot happen if you have semen/precum on your fingers and you touch the outer side of vagina without inserting fingers in. Right?
Technically yes, but the thing is there can still be a slight chance if sperm was anywhere near the vagina. Sperm has to enter in order to be able to attach to the egg, so if it's outside you'd be safe. But if it gets in somehow then there is that chance.
A period being 5 days late is completely normal. Periods rarely are regulated to the point where they come on the dot every month, variation usually occurs and it can intensify due to things like stress, changes in exercise or diet, etc.
Pre-cum also will not contain sperm unless you ejaculated and did not go to the bathroom or shower before going at it again.
My best advice is because there was no penetration, she's probably not pregnant. I recommend just being patient and her period should come. If you are nervous though, she can test for it and it will be accurate if it has been at least two weeks since you engaged in sexual activities.
In the future, you can use a condom even if you aren't having vaginal sex just to ensure your sperm is kept away. It's always good to be safe than sorry.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Babybumpat13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Phyre

Red face Re: Chances of pregnancy? - August 31st 2015, 11:19 PM

[quote=eumoirous;1201396][font="Arial Narrow"][color="Black"][size="3"]
Technically yes, but the thing is there can still be a slight chance if sperm was anywhere near the vagina. Sperm has to enter in order to be able to attach to the egg, so if it's outside you'd be safe. But if it gets in somehow then there is that chance.
A period being 5 days late is completely normal. Periods rarely are regulated to the point where they come on the dot every month, variation usually occurs and it can intensify due to things like stress, changes in exercise or diet, etc.
Pre-cum also will not contain sperm unless you ejaculated and did not go to the bathroom or shower before going at it again.
My best advice is because there was no penetration, she's probably not pregnant. I recommend just being patient and her period should come. If you are nervous though, she can test for it and it will be accurate if it has been at least two weeks since you engaged in sexual activities.
In the future, you can use a condom even if you aren't having vaginal sex just to ensure your sperm is kept away. It's always good to be safe than sorry.

This helped me a lot. My period is now 3 days late. Im nervous. Im. Only 13. Any advise would be helpful. I have been stressing over the fact i. Might be preagnant for 2 days. How would that affect my period?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 1st 2015, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybumpat13 View Post
This helped me a lot. My period is now 3 days late. Im nervous. Im. Only 13. Any advise would be helpful. I have been stressing over the fact i. Might be preagnant for 2 days. How would that affect my period?
Please make your own thread if you have a question you need answered.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 1st 2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik232 View Post

Stranger things have happened than a girl getting pregnant without being ejaculated in. The reason no one can really give you a straight yes and no answer is that every situation is individual, and as much as we can say it's incredibly, incredibly unlikely- we aren't doctors with pregnancy tests who can say for definite she's not pregnant. It does sound incredibly unlikely from what you've described though, so I wouldn't stress.

Take as long as you need.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
nik232 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 5th 2015, 06:49 PM

Cycle day 40 almost ended today. Periods started at around 11 PM.

We both were going insane with stress and were talking about taking the pregnancy test. Taking the pregnancy test would have been A VERY BIG DEAL - please try to understand. She was freaking out that even if the test gets a false positive, she'll die. And I was freaking out too. This conversation was taking place at around 8 PM then around 8:40 PM, she told me she is getting that distinct "periods feeling" that she always does before they start. Then at 11 PM, periods started.

How do we know for sure that it is periods and not the normal bleeding that occurs during early pregnancy? We can't take the pregnancy test. It freaks us out like anything.

If this was any other time, I wouldn't have still been worried since periods have started. But since it has taken 40 days this time, I'm still worried. The longest cycle she has had was 34 days. Never more. But this 40 days is still worrying me. Is it really the period? Or is she pregnant and having the bleeding that women do in early pregnancy? P.S. She has not had any other pregnancy symptoms yet either.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 5th 2015, 09:41 PM

Bleeding during pregnancy is very light, just a few spots. If it seems like a normal period than it probably is.

And just for future reference flase positives are extremely rare. Flase negatives are much more common with over the counter pregnancy tests.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#10 (permalink)) Old
nik232 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 5th 2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Bleeding during pregnancy is very light, just a few spots. If it seems like a normal period than it probably is.

And just for future reference flase positives are extremely rare. Flase negatives are much more common with over the counter pregnancy tests.
I have read on many trusted sites that women do in fact confuse early pregnancy bleeding with periods. That's my concern. That's what worries me.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 6th 2015, 12:57 AM

You bleed more when you scrap your knee than you do implantation bleeding. It is just a couple of drops of blood.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 6th 2015, 01:47 AM

Lizzie's a mom, trust her man ^^ I really doubt you need to worry about this

Take as long as you need.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 14th 2015, 07:17 PM

She got her period so she is not pregnant. It is normal to have varying cycle lengths especially if she is not on a contraceptive pill.

If the two of you do decide to engage in sex, please use a form of birth control.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Chances of pregnancy? - September 18th 2015, 05:54 AM

Nah man, I think you're good. I thought you meant she was still late on her period. I'm somewhat in an altered state of mind right now.
But yeah, just keep being sexually responsible, and you'll never have to worry about these things. I know people who did; not good.

Closed Thread