TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Question D&C Questions. - December 11th 2015, 05:35 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not sure if anyone on this site has had to have a D&C done, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Monday I'm going back in for a 'pre-op' appointment. I'm pretty nervous. My doctor has given me two choices. I can take a type of medication to bring on the miscarriage 'naturally' and just let it pass, or I can have a D&C. I've already looked up a lot of information on both, and I've watched videos on D&C's, but I can't really find any 'testimony' or anything on doing the 'natural' side of things. If any of you have had to go though this (and I'm truly sorry if you have) and you've taken the 'natural' approach, mind giving me some advice?

My mother said the D&C seems more 'proactive' for me since I have Ava, but I'm not too keen on being put under. I always sleep for 2-4 days after, and I feel so groggy and gross. However, I have heard that the medication doesn't work all at once. That it could be days or weeks before it takes effect, and I'd hate to be at a family Christmas dinner and whatever happens, happens, or for that to happen on Christmas.

Sorry for such an awkward and unsettling post. I'm just struggling to find some real advice here, and could really use the help. Thanks.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: D&C Questions. - December 14th 2015, 09:49 PM

Hey Ade,

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I personally haven't experienced this, but I still wanted to offer you some insight. I know someone who went the "natural" route and took the medication. She experienced bleeding and cramping for a couple of days. The cramping was very painful so she was prescribed pain medication. She pretty much slept all day for two days or so before being able to go back to work. I recommend expressing your concerns with your doctor and seeing what they say.

Take care,
Kitty.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: D&C Questions. - December 15th 2015, 12:57 AM

I've never had a D&C done either, but I know someone who had one when she lost her baby at 16 weeks. Obviously, the D&C was necessary at that point because the fetus was further along. There are pros and cons for both procedures, so I suggest (if you haven't already) to weigh your options out and determine what's best for you. Is there someone who can come help with Ava?

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I know how painful it is, and I'm sending you all my love.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: D&C Questions. - December 16th 2015, 01:49 PM

I know your appointment was yesterday, but I just want to say that I am sorry for your loss. We are all here for you.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for nine years::
~Blessed Be~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: D&C Questions. - December 16th 2015, 02:35 PM

I know I've made an update around the site some where about my doctors visit, and maybe I wasn't very clear as to what the appointment was for. I did not have a D&C done yesterday. That appointment was to have another ultrasound, see where we were, and then to talk to the doctor about what I wanted to do and make a decision.

Well, you can imagine my shock when we had the ultrasound yesterday and heard a heart beat. It was very low, and the fetus is still very small. The chance of miscarriage is still extremely high, but we are going to wait an additional week and go back in for another ultrasound. My HCG levels still aren't rising like they need to be, and all of this is a very emotional and physically draining process, but just keep us in your prayers.

Sorry for any confusion this post may have caused, and than you all for the support.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread