TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
littlecoyote Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: fio

Chances? - February 1st 2016, 02:53 AM

I know I'm likely being paranoid, but I need advice on whether I could get pregnant.

I had sex today with my boyfriend, and it was pretty great. We made sure to use protection, as he had a condom. However, we got interrupted before either of us could finish (boo), and when he pulled out, we noticed that the condom had torn open completely. Like, halfway down his penis ripped open. Although he didn't come, I know that there was likely at least a fair amount of precum. I'm pretty sure my period is going to start in the next week, as I've started to get the PMS and cramps I get the week before. We're going to get the morning after pill for tomorrow but I'm still concerned. How high do you think the chance is of becoming pregnant? Also, advice on what could have caused this and how to prevent it in the future?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Chances? - February 1st 2016, 07:44 PM

The likelihood of getting pregnant, without him ejaculating is pretty low. If you take the morning after pill the likelihood is practically zero. I personally don't think you have anything to worry about if you use the emergency contraception.

As for why the condom broke, the answer is unclear. It could have been old or defective, I can't really give you an answer. But the best way to avoid this type of situation in the future is if you get on some time of birth control yourself. The pill is much more effective against preventing pregnancy as are other birth control methods. You will need to make an appointment with your doctor to talk about your options.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for nine years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread