TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Points: 7,694, Level: 12 Points: 7,694, Level: 12 Points: 7,694, Level: 12

Question I skipped my period - April 30th 2016, 01:41 PM

It is nearly the end of the month and I still haven't had my period yet. I'm usually due mid to late in the month but nothing has happened and I am a bit worried. I know that I am definitely not pregnant (Unless I am the next Virgin Mary ) and I am not on any medication. Could it possibly be down to stress?

On hiatus
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
alostpenguin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abigail

Points: 5,256, Level: 10 Points: 5,256, Level: 10 Points: 5,256, Level: 10

Re: I skipped my period - April 30th 2016, 03:54 PM

Hello!

Yes, it is very possible; stress does affect our period schedule because it affects the work of our hormones. I have skipped periods so many times when school is being like hell so I think you don't have to worry.

I took the one l e s s traveled by

And that has made a l l the difference

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23

Re: I skipped my period - April 30th 2016, 04:07 PM

Don't worry about it Have you talked to a doctor about it? Stress is a huge possible cause for missing your period or your period being late. I know that mine is all over the place xD The only thing that helps me is birth control.

If it really worries you, just speak with a doctor

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: I skipped my period - April 30th 2016, 04:16 PM

Mid- to late- month is actually kind of not specific for your period. Let me elaborate, let's say you expect your period to be in the last half of the month (over a specific week maybe?), but your cycle is actually occurring every 29-31 days, this could easily mean that your period has gradually been occurring later and later in the month (or earlier, depending how it works out) and now your period will start happening at the very end or beginning of the month instead. You know what I mean? In order to manage that, it might help to get a period tracking app such as P Tracker (it might actually be called Period Tracker, but same difference). It's available on Android and IOS devices.

Also, stress and many other things could cause your period to be late. That said, unless your under significant duress / stress, that might not be it because people don't usually miss their periods over an essay, you know what I mean (unless its a really really big-deal kind of essay) but it all depends how your body reacts to stress, if you're currently experiencing a new type of stress, that could do the trick too. Things like an illness could do it too. Hell, I've heard of people experiencing "normal" stresses and suddenly skipping / missing / having a late period even though their bodies never react like that to the normally-expected stresses (like work demands, planning a wedding, buying a house, moving to a new city, a break up, etc). An eating disorder could also do it.

If you miss two cycles or begin experiencing any other symptoms (unusual discharge, abdominal pain, etc), definitely check in with your doctor because things like cysts can also cause periods to just not happen. Often times things like cysts go away on their own, but sometimes medical intervention is needed.

Hope this helps

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,456, Level: 27 Points: 35,456, Level: 27 Points: 35,456, Level: 27

Re: I skipped my period - May 2nd 2016, 02:04 AM

Hey, like it has been mentioned above it is possible that your period has been coming later every month. It is also possible that your period is just late. Recently I have gone from a 25-29 day cycle to a 34-38 day cycle. My doctor says it's not a big deal since I am getting normal periods, only later than usual. I'd suggest you wait it out because a lot of things could cause periods to come late. I use the app suggested above. It helps track period dates more easily.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Points: 7,694, Level: 12 Points: 7,694, Level: 12 Points: 7,694, Level: 12

Re: I skipped my period - May 2nd 2016, 02:47 PM

Thank you for all the replies! My period actually started later that day so it was probably just late. Ah well, no worries then.

On hiatus
Closed Thread