TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   I've missed my period twice now (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t146371-ive-missed-my-period-twice-now/)

SelfHarming July 13th 2016 11:07 AM

I've missed my period twice now

I'm confused

Coffee. July 13th 2016 12:38 PM

Re: I've missed my period twice now

Hi there! Did you have sex two months ago, especially unprotected? Have you been dealing with a lot of stress lately, maybe a loss in weight, or perhaps you've recently started a medication?

SelfHarming July 13th 2016 12:49 PM

No I didn't have sex 2 months ago
Ive been dealing with stress for a while now so that wouldn't make sense if I just missed it
I've been this weight since almost 4 months now
I don't take any meds

Coffee. July 13th 2016 12:55 PM

Have you had any vaginal sex in the six months or so? Just to make sure that this isn't the case.

Stress can delay your period. At your age, it's not also uncommon for periods to be irregular. However, I'd see a doctor about the issue just in case, as there are rare cases of this being some type of hormonal imbalance or other issue.

SelfHarming July 13th 2016 01:04 PM

Well yeah I had sex with my step brother 4 or 3 months ago

Help what should I do
Should I tell my parents

Lizzie July 13th 2016 03:45 PM

Since you have been sexually active and you have missed a couple periods I would highly recommend taking a pregnancy test. You can buy one over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy. They are really easy to use and give an accurate result.

If you are pregnant, you need to speak with your doctor as soon as possible. Being pregnant at this age can bring increased medical risks. You doctor can talk to you about your options as well, like whether or not you want to parent, as well as make recommendations for counselors that specialize in these situations.

But try not to worry too much until you take a test.

It is very likely that you missed a couple periods due to being so young. Your cycle will not be regular for a few years now and you can except some abnormalities for now. But, since you have been sexually active within the last six months, taking a pregnancy test is a priority to rule out pregnancy.

SelfHarming July 13th 2016 04:12 PM

How should I tell my parents

How should I tell my parents that I had sex with my stepbrother

Need help plz 👆

hopefuldreamer July 13th 2016 07:48 PM

I think you should take a test before you panic. There can be other reasons for missing your period.

crystalpanda July 13th 2016 09:20 PM

as everyone else said I sudggest you buy a test

Rasai_Xvii July 13th 2016 10:25 PM

You're 13 sometimes you'll miss a period or two. BREATHE !! But since you're sexually active you really should take a test as everyone else said. If the test is negative then don't stress about it if, however you miss another one then you should go to your doctor it could be a serious problem. Better to catch it early. Than to catch it too late.

SelfHarming July 14th 2016 05:39 AM

So I took a test and it came out positive
What should I do
I mean I'm only 13

What should I tell my step brother - That he's a dad to our child-
I mean he's 17 and I'm 13 so that's a 4 year age difference
And Plus how am I going to tell our parents

I was having sex with my step brother
The other day an I took a pregnancy test and it said that I'm pregnant
What to do
I'm only 13

Guys seriously I need help I can't go through this alone

crystalpanda July 14th 2016 07:51 AM

how many tests have you taken ??

first congratulations, second sit them down and have a talk like adults, but first thing is to sit your step brother down and tell him that he will be a father

crystalpanda July 14th 2016 07:54 AM

Re: I'm Pregnant and I'm only 13

you are not going through this alone, I am here, how many tests have you taken ??

SelfHarming July 14th 2016 07:57 AM

I took one maybe two weeks ago it was positive
I took one a few days ago it was positive
And I took mate 1 hour ago and it was positive

BayernManiac3 July 14th 2016 12:19 PM

You need to go to your parents now. Or a trusted adult. Go to them as soon as possible.

Spirit. July 14th 2016 12:26 PM

Hi,

Where do you live? Do you have Planned Parenthood somewhere close by? Do you think this is something you can discuss with your parents? And if not, is there any other adult you can speak with about this, who would be able to get you to a doctor and see what your options are?

First, you need to decide what you want to do. You need to tell your step brother about this. Take a breather. You're probably terrified. It's okay that you feel that way. It's a natural response, especially since the pregnancy was unplanned and you are so young. Try not to panic.

As hard as it may seem, talk to someone about it. Talk to them so you can get the help and care that you need.

If you don't want to keep the baby, you are still very early on in the pregnancy to terminate it as opposed to having an abortion.

If you want to keep the baby, you need to tell your step brother that and talk to your parents as well about the pregnancy. It's your decision whether you want to tell your parents that your step brother is the father. If you'd rather not, that's okay for now. Just get the medical assistance you need at this point.

Do you think you could do that?

Take care,
Kaveri

crystalpanda July 14th 2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SelfHarming (Post 1243855)
I took one maybe two weeks ago it was positive
I took one a few days ago it was positive
And I took mate 1 hour ago and it was positive

There is a high possibility that you are pregnant and you should talk to your parents or a trusted adult, also go and see your doctor would be the best bet

SelfHarming July 14th 2016 02:42 PM

OK
So I told my step brother
He was really supportive
We both sat our parents down and he started off

When he told them that we had sex together they told us that we had a week to find out if there was some other place for us both to live or I'm going to have to get an abortion if there's no place to live.

Now we still have six days and we think that we're either going to to stay together in his friends house or we're going to stay at different places.

Guys I'm really scared and don't know what to do

Should I trust my instincts that are telling me to follow through with the birth then give it up for adoption?

Plz help

Svetlanavolkova July 14th 2016 03:00 PM

Um....before I say ANYTHING I don't want anybody to think I'm being rude at all, not my intention. Feel free to delete this if anybody feels that way. I'm sort of suspicious about this. Are you telling the truth? That sounds like a strange reaction for parents who just found out about this. Please don't make up problems and if this is true I would honestly suggest abortion because you're 13 and have yet to know the real responsibility of a child, you're still a kid yourself and need to live life before you make these kinds of decisions.

SelfHarming July 14th 2016 03:11 PM

OK I understand that you think its fake
But you haven't met my parents
They are both going through really hard things
They just found out the other day that I was cutting and doing other stuff
So therefore they really don't trust me to make my own decisions anymore
They think that I'm going to go suicidal
And plus my parents aren't really the best parents
And my stepdad hates me
And my mom hates my stepbrother

Coffee. July 14th 2016 03:20 PM

I am so sorry you're going through this. Your parents cannot kick you two out at your age. That's unethical, and illegal in most places. Personally, I think it should be your choice what you do with this child, not your parents and not anybody in this forum. I would carefully weigh all of your options and think of your health, your finances, the situation at home, schooling, etc. I'd recommend you see a health professional about all of this regardless of what decision. A counselor, health professional, doctor, etc, would help walk you through the decision in a less biased way than your parents. If you live in the USA, Kav made a great suggestion. Planned Parenthood has health professionals who can provide you health services at a low price. They do not just provide abortions (most actually do not); they provide low-cost maternal care and can refer you to adoption agencies. But another doctor or counselor would still be a great option regardless of where you go. Get a professional opinion away from your parents, and if you do not want to have an abortion, express that. I believe your parents may be in shock right now, and while I don't know their relationship with you, I'd like to hope that it will get better with time and that long-term they will support whatever decision you do.

SelfHarming July 14th 2016 03:58 PM

I am going through with the birth
That's what my stepbrother and I both decided
Were either keeping it or giving it up for adoption

I think that the main things that I need right now are
* Ppl who care about me and will help me go through this
* Prayer that the birth goes right, for my brother and I to find place to stay
* Help to stop cutting and to stop my brother from cutting if we're doing this

The guys for the comments plz keep them coming

I took three tests now and they are were all positive
I told my stepbrother and he was really supporting about it
We told our parents they kicked us out of the house
We are now currently living with one of my stepbrothers friends

OK So I'm pregnant and I start school next month
I don't know what to do
I mean I'm only 13
Going into 7th grade
What are people going to think
What are people going to do

Guys PLZ comment on what I should do

When do cramps begin during pregnancy
Because I'm only a few weeks in but I'm having a lot of cramps

Lizzie July 14th 2016 09:23 PM

I have merged all of your threads together, to make it easier for people to follow your posts. Please try to keep all of the information pertaining to the pregnancy in this one thread. :)

Cramping is very common through out the entire pregnancy. As the uterus grows, it feels exactly like menstrual cramps. There is nothing to worry about unless you notice blood, similar amounts to that of a normal period, or extreme pain that makes it impossible to do anything. If you notice the last two symptoms you need to visit an urgent care or ER.

SelfHarming July 27th 2016 10:14 AM

I had a miscarriage