TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
piper15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,788, Level: 9 Points: 3,788, Level: 9 Points: 3,788, Level: 9

Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy - December 20th 2016, 10:37 PM

This is probably a serious case of overthinking, but here we go:

My boyfriend and I have sex fairly regularly, a few time a week usually, but we always use a condom from start to finish. We were also not active on my projected date of ovulation, though we were two days after. We've never had a condom break, nor exhibit any signs of leaking. My period was due a week ago and have yet to get any symptoms of either pregnancy or period. The only sign either way is I have been very tired, but as I'm naturally prone to iron deficiency I didn't think this anything new.

I have been traveling more frequently, and have had a bit more stress than usual with holidays and in personal life. I took two HPT today, both Clear Blue Brand, one in the morning after purchase and one this afternoon, and both showed negative.

As I said, this is probably an overthinking, but is there a possibility of pregnancy?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy - December 20th 2016, 10:46 PM

Hi Piper!

First of all welcome to TeenHelp!

I know how scary a late period can be. Mine is late once in a while. Since you're being safe and using a condom and the condom has never broken there's a very good chance that you aren't pregnant. However, you could be that unlucky 2% (since condoms are 98% effective). I very highly doubt that you're pregnant. When it comes to your late period it might be the fact that you are having more stress since it's near the holiday's.

Try not to worry too much! Definitely keep us updated!

Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Average Joe

Name: Jordan

Points: 5,285, Level: 10 Points: 5,285, Level: 10 Points: 5,285, Level: 10

Re: Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy - December 21st 2016, 03:57 PM

Try a pregnancy test to make sure. If it's negative and you still don't start your period, then I'd suggest speaking with your doctor.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy - December 23rd 2016, 05:14 PM

You can take a pregnancy test two weeks after the time you've last had sex. Have you been able to take one since posting this?

If you have taken one and aren't pregnant and still haven't had your period you could consider calling the doctor and talking to them about it. If this is the first time you have ever missed a period or been late they might not think it's necessary for you to come in but checking with them to see what they think you should do would be best.

I also think that if you are stressed that could be the reason for the delay or the missed period. I know I missed a period a few years ago and I was exceptionally stressed at the time. I wasn't sexually active at the time so I was overly concerned and then the next month I ended up getting my period. I believe I got it at a different time in the month after the missed period. But, I never missed one after that until I started using birth control.
Closed Thread