TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Need help about childbirth - May 17th 2017, 04:21 AM

Hey guys, I have a problem I don't know how to deal with. I had my daughter 6 months ago but my experience with labour and childbirth was really horrible and traumatizing for me. Ever since she was born I often have vivid nightmares about it and I can't really talk about it with anyone because I get too upset thinking about it. I have been afraid of Hospitals and doctors ever since as well when I never used to be. I love being a Mom and I know I'm young but I also know I want more kids one day but with the way things are now I don't think I will ever be able to get pregnant again after how badly the first time went. I am a single Mom, my daughter's dad left me before I even found out I was pregnant and he or his family have no been a part of our lives (their choice). My Dad was and still is so furious with me for getting pregnant he kicked me out and hasn't talked to me since. My Mom doesn't agree with my Dad and still talks to me and visits with us but she is to afraid to go against my Dad so I've been living with my Grandma in my Mom's side and she watches my daughter for me when I'm in school. I feel bad enough that she's already doing so much for me I don't want to bother her with this as well. Maybe I'm just overreacting and will get over it with more time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Need help about childbirth - May 17th 2017, 05:03 PM

There is such thing as birth trauma and I really think you would be best off talking to a professional about it. I know talking about tramautic experiences can be extremely difficult, but counselors are trained to help you through that process. I really do think you could benifit from talking to a counselor right now. And I hope you will take some time to consider that.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Re: Need help about childbirth - May 17th 2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganMama View Post
There is such thing as birth trauma and I really think you would be best off talking to a professional about it. I know talking about tramautic experiences can be extremely difficult, but counselors are trained to help you through that process. I really do think you could benifit from talking to a counselor right now. And I hope you will take some time to consider that.
How would I go about getting a counselor to talk to if I was interested? Do I just find a number and call or donI have to ask my family doctor? I don't know what I would say and I might chicken out.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Need help about childbirth - May 17th 2017, 07:06 PM

You could call your OB or your regular family doctor for referrals. They would know your local providers best. And you don't need to tell your story right away. Just let them know you have been struggling with your birth experience and would like some help working through it.

I had a difficult birth with my son, so I know the anxiety it can produce. I hope you find someone who can help you work through this.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Need help about childbirth - May 18th 2017, 09:40 PM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've gone through a traumatic birth. I've witnessed other females going through that as well, and definitely can see how hard it can be for someone.

I agree 100% with Lizzie in regards to reaching out to your family physician or your OB. Another option would be to start off talking to a hotline. There's a couple in TeenHelp's hotline link, but I'm not sure if they would be able to help with this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Please stay strong.
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread