TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Name: Christine

terrified - May 21st 2017, 12:23 AM

I'm terrified to have an early miscarriage I am only about 6 weeks coming on to.
I've done the regular blood work to make sure my levels are rising I know I am pregnant, but I'm high risk because of my little angel stillborn.

All the doctor did was send me for that blood work, and I havent heard back from him, i only did it thursday, idk if he plans to call me when he gets it back or not.
but I am so terrified

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Re: terrified - May 21st 2017, 02:02 AM

In my experience they only call you about your blood work if they found something bad. If you get no call it's usually safe to say everything is fine in that area. If your really curious though you should be able to call them and ask about it. I hope that this pregnancy goes well for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: terrified - May 21st 2017, 07:03 AM

Congratulations on being pregnant!

This is one of the most difficult things to teach and learn. I'll give it a shot here, because I'd like it to go well for you. It's getting late but I'll do my best.

Thank you for reaching out. That's a really good thing to do. I understand you are terrified of having a miscarriage.

OK, here's the thing, and it's kind of a Catch 22 (I'm not sure what a Catch 22 is), the thing is, — being terrified of having a miscarriage, is probably, increasing your chances of having a miscarriage.

That is, the anxiety, all that anxiety, it's activating your body's Sympathetic Nervous System, flooding your body with "fight or flight" hormones which aren't good for your baby.

So, fortunately, there are many things you can do to deactivate your body's "fight or flight" Sympathetic Nervous System, get you out of this terrified anxious state, and into a less worried more relaxed state, where we purposely activate the body's other opposite state, the "Rest Digest Restore" state, the Parasympathetic Nervous System.

You need to consciously do this, because it's good for your body and good for your baby, which in turn helps reduce the chances of a miscarriage.

Here, now, at this point, I just start listing a whole bunch of things you can try, and really it's up to you to figure out which ones work for you. These are a bunch of "tricks" or "tools", or whatever you want to call them, which other people have found to be useful. Not all tools work for all people

1. Stop thinking about miscarriages.
Known as "distraction" or "redirection". Get your mind thinking about something else. Anything. Do a crossword puzzle. Sudoku. Watch a movie. Go out with friends. Go out to the park, the beach, go do something, anything. Read a book. Watch kitty videos on YouTube. The less you think about miscarriages the better.

2. Lite exercise.
Helps keep depression away. (Ask your doctor. I don't know how much exercise pregnant women are supposed to get!)

3. Yoga. Tai-Chi. Qi-Gong.
Meditative motion exercises.

4. Mindfulness Meditation
Learn the art of doing nothing and enjoying it.
Try the "Headspace" app. View the videos that begin the fi
rst and third 10 minute introductory meditations.

5. Mindfulness.
Focus on the present moment.
(I think they'll teach you this in childbirth class, if you take childbirth class. It's the art of "Yea I'm pushing a baby through my vagina and it hurts like @#$% but you know if I don't think about it and just kind of allow myself to experience it, it still hurts like @#$%, but at least I'm not thinking about it, I'm just observing it, and noticing it, like, oh, so this is what @#$% feels like. Interesting. No, I don't think I like it. But I can tolerate it."

So if you practice this Mindfulness trick, and Mindfulness Meditation trick, and try the Headspace app, or any guided meditation app, you'll be better prepared for childbirth, and less likely to miscarriage.

(And you can call your doctor's office and ask about the lab test results. I didn't say never think about miscarriage. Just, most of the time, try not to think about it. Best wishes!)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: terrified - May 22nd 2017, 01:01 PM

It's been less than two months so you're possibly pregnant.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Re: terrified - May 22nd 2017, 08:23 PM

I already know I'm pregnant. I've already confirmed that with a doctor. I'm just scared, worried. I know I'm worrying about nothing. There hasn't been any blood so I know I'm not having a miscarriage. I'm just scared I'll have one after what happen to my little boy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: terrified - May 22nd 2017, 11:59 PM

Hey!

I know how stressed out you are in regards to having an early miscarriage. Your doctors are watching you much closely to make sure that nothing happens to this baby. As mentioned above, doctors only usually call if there's something wrong with your blood work.

What you could do is call your doctor and ask them if they got the results and if they did can they tell you what it is. Try and keep positive thoughts going through your head.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Re: terrified - May 26th 2017, 12:44 AM

My levels were 4627

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: terrified - May 26th 2017, 04:40 AM

Did your Ob give you any information about what the level means?

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: terrified - May 26th 2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneirophobia♥ View Post
My levels were 4627
That's great! Very strong!

I think it's completely normal to be worried. Especially after what you have been through. But remember, it's important to stay calm and relax during this pregnancy. Honor your loss by reminding yourself it's ok to be optimistic about this baby.

Once your regular OB appointments get going, I'm sure you and your doctor can talk about plans to closely monitor this pregnancy. That should also help bring some peace of mind.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Re: terrified - May 26th 2017, 07:05 PM

No Britt, it was the office that called his receptionist she said that it was a good level, they want to send me for an ultrasound to see how far along I am, but I already have a good idea, as we were trying to get pregnant, so I already know my due date and that I'm 6 weeks along.
Yes Lizzie, I hope it will give me more peace of mind once I start seeing him regularly.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Re: terrified - June 2nd 2017, 08:32 PM

Heartbeat was 169 and everything looked to be okay I'm due the 14 of January. Same day as I gave birth to my stillborn son.

Closed Thread