TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
delilah0928 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 12th 2017, 10:33 PM

I’m on the fourth day of my period, and my partner ejaculated on my chest but I was kneeling and I didn’t think the semen would go down my stomach and into my pants. I don’t know if i felt it go down into my vagina or not and now I want to get a plan b pill.. would it work if I’m on my period? For how long would I get sides effects and will the pill affect my pms? Would my period stop the next day if semen got in my vagina?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 12th 2017, 10:47 PM

It's extremely unlikely that you are pregnant. Semen dies relatively quickly outside of the body because it thrives in a warm and moist place (such as a vagina). The side effects will effect people differently. Some people have irregularities with their periods for a few months afterwards.

If you can maybe you can talk to a pharmacist or a doctor about this. They could help you determine if you need to take a plan b and they can give you some insight into what some of the side effects might be and how long they are likely to last.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
delilah0928 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 12th 2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
It's extremely unlikely that you are pregnant. Semen dies relatively quickly outside of the body because it thrives in a warm and moist place (such as a vagina). The side effects will effect people differently. Some people have irregularities with their periods for a few months afterwards.

If you can maybe you can talk to a pharmacist or a doctor about this. They could help you determine if you need to take a plan b and they can give you some insight into what some of the side effects might be and how long they are likely to last.

Best regards.
it was a lot of semen, what I mean is that I’m worried it got into my vagina through my pants and underwear as it was running down.. I also don’t know if I’m able to get pregnant from that if I’m on my period since I heard sperm lives in the vagina for up to five days

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 12th 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah0928 View Post
it was a lot of semen, what I mean is that Im worried it got into my vagina through my pants and underwear as it was running down.. I also dont know if Im able to get pregnant from that if Im on my period since I heard sperm lives in the vagina for up to five days
From what I have learned, it is pretty much impossible for semen to get through clothing and then enter into the vagina. In order for the semen to get inside of the vagina, you would have had to have sex or come close to it.

If you are still uncertain, my advice would be to talk to a doctor or pharmacist and explain the situation to them. They should be able to provide you with a lot more, factual information regarding the chances of pregnancy.

I would also suggest that if you and your partner are going to continue having a sexual relationship that you look into contraception. Birth control and condoms are definitely a good thing to consider when you are starting to have a sexual relationship with someone.

Best of luck.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
delilah0928 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 13th 2017, 12:36 AM

I have some last questions for reassurance, would my period stop the next day? and would the period blood have prevented sperm from causing pregnancy if something did happen?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 13th 2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah0928 View Post
I have some last questions for reassurance, would my period stop the next day? and would the period blood have prevented sperm from causing pregnancy if something did happen?
No, your period would not stop the next day. You do not show signs of pregnancy that quickly. The chances of getting pregnant are exceptionally low. It's possible, yes, but the information you've provided indicates that you are unlikely to have gotten pregnant.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 13th 2017, 11:39 PM

Hi Delilah,

The chances that you're pregnant from that are very slim. It's a very low chance that you can get pregnant while on your period when the guy ejaculates into your vagina, never mind him ejaculating onto your chest.

I don't recommend taking a Plan B pill as right now, it would have more negative effects then positive. Most of the time you can get nauseous when you take the Plan B pill. It won't immediately stop your period, it might make your period go a bit longer, or it might delay your next period.

I do recommend talking to your doctor to get on some kind of birth control pill. It's a lot more effective.

You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Freedom. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Urgent.. pregnancy?? - November 21st 2017, 08:59 AM

Hi there Delilah,

As the other members have said, the chances of you being pregnant is very slim due to the sperm not entering your vagina especially since you were wearing pants.

I would also recommend going to your doctor and talking to them about your options.

I hope I helped.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread