TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Name: Christine

Issues 32 weeks in. - November 21st 2017, 11:11 PM

We found out our little girl we have been told we are having sense about 24 weeks when they told us, is infact not a girl and is a boy. Im 32 weeks and just learning.

We were also told there is a restriction in the blood flow within the umbilical cord, and am being sent to a specilist for a second opinion. My ob told me I would be delivering rather soon because of it and my gestational diabetes. He said within the next 4 weeks, said baby be here for christmas.

I'm rather scared when it comes to being sent to the specilist they got me in within a day and if they think its serious enough they could keep me and induce me there, which is 2 and a half hours away from home, my family, my friends, that support system I need to get through it, specially with our loss of our son at 31 weeks last january.
I'm nervous and scared, and emotional and not sure what to think or do at this point, other than worry and get upset, which seems to be all I can do today.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Issues 32 weeks in. - November 22nd 2017, 12:02 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are having to deal with all this. I can understand why being away from your support system would be difficult. Will your partner be able to be with you? Maybe you could also bring someone else along as well? It might be worth talking to your friends and family and seeing if any of them can drive up there with you and, potentially stay with you, if they do have to induce labor there. Even if you aren't able to have your whole support system with you it might help to have a few of them.

I hope that things end up going well for you. If you need to chat feel free to message me as well.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Re: Issues 32 weeks in. - November 22nd 2017, 02:50 PM

My Mom, dad and little sister along with my husband is going with me, but my parents, cant stay if they keep me, and eventually my husband will have to come home to go back to work.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Issues 32 weeks in. - November 23rd 2017, 04:49 PM

Even if you have to be induced early they might not keep you a long time so, it might be possible, for your husband to stay with you or for your friends and family to switch off and come up and visit you.

Maybe you could call the office and ask them about this and see if they can give you any information. It might help them to be aware of your concerns pertaining to this so that they can provide you with the best care possible. I have heard great things about most labor and delivery nurses as well so, even if your family isn't there, the nurses who help you might be able to provide you with some support until you are able to go home.

I know all of this is stressful but it's very possible that they will not have to induce you at the appointment and so you might be able to have your little one closer to home.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Re: Issues 32 weeks in. - November 23rd 2017, 08:09 PM

Baby Boy is perfect and healthy and I came home last night.
They told me it was perfectly fine to have my appointments there in the city every week or I was allowed to go home and have them with my regular on I felt better about being home and doing them here

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Issues 32 weeks in. - November 23rd 2017, 10:17 PM

I am glad to hear that your baby boy is healthy and that you didn't have to stay.

I hope that your follow up appointments will end up going well. I also hope that you will continue sharing any fears and concerns you are having here.

I know I am probably not the best at providing you with meaningful advice but I am more than happy to talk to you even if it's only as a way to distract yourself.

Keep hanging in there.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Issues 32 weeks in. - December 1st 2017, 12:21 AM

Hi Christine,

I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you until now. Doctor's thinking a fetus is one gender, until they realize it's another happens a lot, I didn't think it did until I started working with babies.

My friend gave birth to her baby at 31 weeks, and another at 27 weeks. With the way medical interventions have grown since 10 years ago is insane. Obstetricians and neonatologists have so much knowledge, machines, and medications that can help a premature baby. I've seen so much it's hard to explain.

They're going to take care of you and your baby. Please keep us updated, we are here for you.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Rkit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

December 2nd 2017, 05:30 AM

Maybe you could call the office and ask them about this and see if they can give you any information. It might help them to be aware of your concerns pertaining to this so that they can provide you with the best care possible. I have heard great things about most labor and delivery nurses as well so, even if your family isn't there, the nurses who help you might be able to provide you with some support until you are able to go home.

I know all of this is stressful but it's very possible that they will not have to induce you at the appointment and so you might be able to have your little one closer to home.

I am sorry you are having to deal with all this.

Last edited by .Brittany.; December 2nd 2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Merging posts

Closed Thread