TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

Question my nephew(advice much needed) - June 3rd 2010, 03:43 PM

So my sister kelly has gone threw a ton of shit. She had a baby boy 5 years ago and i pretty much raised him. I feel soo depressed and what not when he isn't around (they live 3 hours away) when i see him and spend time with him i feel so much better and my other sister said i have a mother worry or something for him. My nephews parents are divorced and its tough on him. He come to my house when things are pretty crappy. i cant stop thinking about babies and wanting a real one of my own. i have no idea what to do or why i feel the way i do for my nephew. does anyone have any advice

ps i don't have a bf and my parents would not support teenage pregnancy.

[EDIT! when i take him out to places like the park and mall and what not people mistake him for my kid all the time till they hear him call me aunt maggie. it saddens me a lot because idk?]

PLEASE HELP

i love you <3

Last edited by MaggzB; June 3rd 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: left out something
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
abandoning Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: no one

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 3rd 2010, 03:52 PM

well, be patient! love your nephew, good things come with time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 3rd 2010, 05:16 PM

i guess but the pain and emptiness when he isnt there is horrible ugh

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 3rd 2010, 05:19 PM

his name is jake thats me and him ^^^^^ -sighs-

i love you <3
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 3rd 2010, 10:43 PM

It's normal to feel the way you do. He's your flesh and blood and you naturally feel protective of him. It's also natural to want a baby. It's just the way your brain is wired up. You're ready for it, but our society isn't ready for you to be ready for it. You have to have some way to support a child before you can consider having one. If you don't it isn't fair to the child. He or she will have so many more advantages if you have money and a home.

What just happened?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 5th 2010, 01:58 PM

yea i guess so but i wish i could get rid of the emptiness i feel when jake isnt around

i love you <3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 5th 2010, 04:09 PM

Love your nephew and put all your time into him, having a baby isn't an easy thing at all. I don't know what I would do without my husband helping me out, I don't think I'd be able to make it through the day... it can be an incredibly amazing thing but it can also be fustrating and emotionally draining.

Give it time, you're still so young... do pregnancy right, find an awsome guy and be finacially secure so you have give your child everything.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 7th 2010, 08:19 PM

I'm going to agree with the above posters. Love your nephew, and do what you can for him.
Everything happens for a reason. Your only 17, you have most of your life to have children.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 7th 2010, 08:36 PM

Hey Maggie.

I agree with everyone else. There's really not much you can do. It's great that you love your nephew so much, and that he has an aunt that cares so much for him. When he is around, spend as much time with him as you can. But when he isn't, remind yourself that his mother is more than likely taking very good care of him, and that he is being raised well.

To me, it sounds like you want to have a baby for yourself. That's never a good way to go into pregnancy. You're wanting a baby there so it can love you, so that it can fill that emptiness you have. When really, you're supposed to have a baby so that you can love it. The baby doesn't take care of your problems in life; you take care of it's. And often times, having a baby will create even more problems for you. It's really not a good decision to make. You don't have a baby to fill a void, that's never a good idea.

Just give it time, eventually things will work out and you will feel much better.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 7th 2010, 10:20 PM

See thats the thing i never know if he is alright because his dad & mom are divorced and he lives 4 days with his dad and 3 with his mom every week and his dad is a druggie and his mom isnt that great either

i love you <3
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 17th 2010, 01:48 PM

-sighs- what gets me upset the most is when people mistake him as my kid in public

i love you <3
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
NatashaJayne Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Natasha

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 19th 2010, 06:00 PM

LOL you sound really broody ? im sure a few more years wouldn't hurt? teenage pregnancy is hard!

One day we'll drink to this and say, "Remember when we died... We went out in flames!" <3

Baby boy: Alexander &hearts;

DUE DATE: 26th February 2010

(#13 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: my nephew(advice much needed) - June 21st 2010, 12:00 AM

its not that i want a kid cause honestly i dont. but he feels like he is mine. ive practically raised him and i feel shitty and empty when he isnt here and it makes me sad when people say that im a good mom to him when we are out and about in public. ughhh

i love you <3
Closed Thread