TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shaza900 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: sharon (shaza)

help. tips needed - July 17th 2010, 04:03 AM

hey.
i have hit full panic mode as got a very newish baby nd being allowed home tomorrow. in a week i start my polytech course, i have no support system for dealing with a kid and no maternal influences able 2 help. anyone got any tips, plz? stressing about everything from her getting sick, to how to make her stop crying, to the sky falling on her head

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmberS9109 Offline
I'll Be There For You =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: help. tips needed - July 18th 2010, 04:33 AM

Well, you could get one of your friends to watch her, maybe a friend who already has a child so they're familiar with the whole "new baby" situation. I'd say put her in daycare but with her being so young, I myself wouldn't trust a daycare, especially if you're worrying about her getting sick. Try the friend thing, and let me know how it goes! I hope I helped a bit

Two is better than one.
Amber + Stephen ♥ 11.15.09
  Send a message via AIM to AmberS9109 Send a message via MSN to AmberS9109 Send a message via Yahoo to AmberS9109  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: help. tips needed - July 18th 2010, 04:02 PM

Well, I would tell the nurse or doctor your concerns (usually the nurse) and ask for some basic advice. They may also be able to get more info about community services in your area.
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: help. tips needed - July 19th 2010, 02:48 AM

Is there any way you can postpone your course for another semester or two until you've gotten in the groove of everything with the baby?

Try to remember there is no perfect parent. Don't worry about instinct, just use your common sense and you gut feelings. If you don't know something go online and google it or phone a local hospital and ask a nurse. Babies are fragile, but not as fragile as they might seem. You can do it I promise. Try not to stress out too much. You'll figure everything out one step at a time.

Also, I don't know what area you live in, but you should try googling or asking your doctor about parenting resources for your area. There is probably something around that would be of some support. Or, if you have the time maybe you could join a parenting group or 'mommy and me' group or something. Probably meeting new parents and having someone to talk to about everything would be helpful. I cannot even begin to imagine trying to deal with a new baby all alone. You are amazing!

If you ever need someone to talk to or you just want to vent, my pm box is always open. I wish you the best of luck!

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

Closed Thread