TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Missbeautiful Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 03:30 AM

I dont understand why. People told me it would just be a phase and I believed them. So I let myself obssess for years. I was 13 then. Now, 3 years later its still consuming my thoughts. I wish I could understand why. I have everything i could need, everything would work out fine. I could finish High school and i know a ton of people that could baby sit while i was in school. After I graduate I will have my liscence in cosmetology so I will have a stable job. And while this may work, Im not sure if its what I want for my lfie. I see myself happy having a baby when im 20-25 while in college or wherever I may be. But its still eating away at my thoughts. Ive had a few pregnancy scares and each turned out not to be so and each time i would be so dissapointed. My boyfriend might be willing to do this but im not sure if i want to but sometimes i want it so bad I cant control myself. I even have a friend (who likes me and says he would do anything to get with me) saying he would get me pregnant. Im so confused. I want a baby and Im so young. I wish I understood it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 03:40 AM

Honestly, I know how exciting the thought of a baby may be. But at 16, and still continuing school it isn't always easy. I am 25 pregnant and trying to balance college and being pregnant. I was 14 and I really wanted a baby, so I know where you're coming from. What helped me were actually watchign a few children and if you school has a child development class take it. The prices of how much everything is and how to go about it was, well exhausting.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Missbeautiful Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 03:45 AM

I know how difficult it would be. Thats why I wnat to wait. But im afraid I might make a stupid decision when my feelings about it are really strong.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 04:01 AM

Honestly, I know it's a personal choice but I would go and see about getting on birth control at like Planned Parenthood or whereever until you're old enough and sure.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 01:03 PM

Since I was about 16, I've wanted a baby. For whatever reason, it's like our bodies just hit a time when they say, "Helloooooo? Where's the baby? It's time!"

But, as you know, it's not. You need a stable relationship, money, and job. Going to school while pregnant will be hard. Especially when you're about 9months pregnant because often the women are told they are on bed rest and then you will likely want to stay home at LEAST a week with your little one. A lot of schools I know will not give you that much time off, no matter if you are having a baby or not.

Once you're out of school? Go for it. As Jennifer said, babysitting helped me as well. I babysat 3 kids under 3 and it's put me off to having children for awhile until I can find a stable job.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 06:01 PM

In truth, we all have some sort of maternal instincts within us. I've wanted a baby for as long as I can remember, but I know I' m young (Not so much now, but before) so I put myself on birth control to help make sure it didn't happen before I was ready. Those maternal instincts is what you're feeling. At 16, it wouldn't be wise of course, and I agree with one of the above posters about trying to come across some form of birth control. There are more permanent kinds, and there are the temporary kinds, like the implant which can allow you to choose how long you wear it. I know some of them are 5 years, and others are up to 10. They can be removed any time you wish, even before those 5 or 10 years is up. The pill is also a good choice as well, as there are many different kinds to choose from, and from my own personal experiences, a lot easier to handle.

Of course, it's all personal choices, but if you think you may act on the feelings you're having and it's not something you truly want at this stage in your life, you should try everything to protect yourself against it.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 22nd 2011, 11:15 PM

Every girl has some maternal instincts in them some more strongly than others. For me I have wanted one since I was about 8 lol and back then I didn't even know how they were made . I am 20 years old now and I STILL wan't a baby and I have been trying for one and I see all these young people around me with baby's that they can't support on their own and for them it was an "accident" and I get SO jealous. A phase can last for years and years or maybe it isn't a phase but either way it doesn't change that fact that you aren't ready and you should wait and I won't go on about that because you already know. I am sure you have heard it a lot. Using some form of birth control may be a good idea and just keep reminding yourself that it isn't the right time yet maybe just a few more years..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Amour ♡ Offline
Average Joe

Name: ILH♡

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 29th 2011, 04:54 PM

I have been in a similar frame of mind since I was about 15-16. I am nowhere near ready at 20, and as much as I would be excited to become pregnant - I know it wouldn't be a good idea. I have been pregnant before, and from my near 2 month experience of it... It isn't easy. I was very ill for the second month, and eventually miscarried, and that itself has put me off any future family ideas for now. Along with this my mental health is not amazing, therefore I am trying to keep all family ideas at bay for now.
I know waiting is hard, but you are still very young and it is definitely best to get other priorities, like education and maybe even a career, sorted first. Good luck

My boyfriend♥. Music. Fashion. Final Fantasy. Tattoos. Diet Coke. Make-up. Instagram. Lady Gaga. Hair. Tumblr. Gaming. Hello Kitty. Writing. Geeking out.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kevmezz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 30th 2011, 11:03 PM

I have a 4 year old daughter and being a parent is hard work, I thought it would be easy as I money is not a issue I have lots of support a steady job but it still hard work, sleepless night at one time I went 3 weeks with only getting 2 hours of sleep per night.

At one point I wasn't sure if I could take more my partner at the time was suffering with PND and was unable to help. it was really really hard and I wouldn't have been able to cope had I been younger

(#10 (permalink)) Old
RileyR Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Riley

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - December 31st 2011, 01:51 PM

I bet if I sent my twins over there for the weekend you would change your mind lol. It is hard work. I'm still in high school and between school the babies and sports I have no life. I'm exhausted at the end of the day. And babies are so expensive. I think you should wait and just babysit like other people said.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
purplekc95 Offline
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - January 3rd 2012, 12:23 AM

It's natural! (: I go through the same things too, but my advice to you: live your life now and have a baby later.
Enjoy being young <3

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#12 (permalink)) Old
glaceon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Im 16 and I want a baby? - January 3rd 2012, 12:29 AM

It will be so difficult going through that at such a young age. Get your career in motion and have a stable income and a partner you can trust to help you raise the kid. That won't be for a few years yet. Please wait it out. You risk turning your life upside down otherwise.
Find other things to feed your maternal instincts, like volunteering at an animal shelter, get a part-time job at a daycare, that kind of stuff. It's not the same, but it might help a bit.

Closed Thread