TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anala Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Amzies

It's a possibility? - December 30th 2011, 02:21 AM

Hey guys.

So my boyfriend and I were fooling around and... well...
He got some precum on his hand and, after a while, fingered me.
His hand was mostly dry, just a little bit damp.

This was last week on Thursday.

What's the possibility of me getting pregnant? And how can I tell?
I know that the period option is out. My period and hormones have been all screwed up, as in I had my last period for over a month. It did stop, though, but my mother says it's because my hormones have dropped.

And, for safety measures, when and should I take a pregnancy test?

Thank you!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: It's a possibility? - December 30th 2011, 02:31 AM

In this case, I'd say the chances are slim. The next time you notice your boyfriend has pre-cum on his hands, ask him to wash them before he tries to become intimate with you.

That being said, pre-cum doesn't always contain sperm. There is a chance that it does, but sometimes it doesn't happen. Since this happened a week ago today (going by my time zone), you'll need to wait another week to take a pregnancy test. The standard is waiting TWO WEEKS from unprotected sex or accident before taking a pregnancy test. If you're pregnant, your body wouldn't even know yet. So, in this case, wait another week before testing. You should get an accurate result then.

Here are some tips you should remember when taking a test:
1. Check the expiration date on the pregnancy test BEFORE purchasing. If you get home and realize it's expired, it's a waste of money since the test wouldn't give you an accurate result. You can find the date somewhere on the packaging, usually on the side of the boxes where you can open the product.
2. Read the directions. Make sure you do this in order to get an accurate result, and that you have little to no chance of receiving a false negative or positive.
3. Take the test FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. This means when you first urinate in the morning. The hCG hormone, most commonly known as the pregnancy hormone is most potent in the morning, therefore giving you the most ACCURATE result by taking the tests in the morning.
4. Try to purchase tests that have 2 or more tests in the package. Some of them come with 2 or more, and it's always best to have an extra one so you can double check. You rarely hear of cases of false negatives or positives, but it's always best to be safer than sorry.

I'd also recommend that if you're going to be intimate with your boyfriend, that you look into getting on some form of birth control. Not only will it help protect you against pregnancy, it will also help regulate those periods you've been having a hard time with. There are several different kinds of birth control to choose from like the oral contraceptive (the pill), the patch, the implant (like Nuvaring or Mirena), and the Depo Provera Shot. It's worth looking into, and you can do this by going to www.plannedparenthood.org to find out more information on them. There is also a list of contraceptive choices in out Sex & Puberty section of the forums. It's worth looking into.

That being said, just remain calm. Your chances of becoming pregnant from this are very slim. To ease your mind, take the test next week and then go from there. If you happen to have gotten pregnant from this incident, Planned Parenthood offer counseling services so you can discuss your options with a certified counselor, and they can help you choose which option is best for you. If you aren't pregnant, then it's worth looking into some kind of contraceptive for yourself, and to also have your boyfriend make sure he washes his hands after touching himself to keep another incident like this from happening.

I hope this helped!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Anala Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Amzies

Re: It's a possibility? - December 30th 2011, 04:27 AM

Thank you. Requesting to close the thread now.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: It's a possibility? - December 30th 2011, 04:34 AM

At the OP's request, I'm going to go ahead and close the thread.

Feel free to PM if you'd like to reopened, or you could begin a new thread if you'd like.

Take care & good luck

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
Closed Thread