TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LoveFever Offline
:o
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Its been almost three months since my last period - February 22nd 2012, 09:45 PM

I took a pregnancy test, though, and it was negative. I know that sometimes they can be wrong, but I did two, and they both had the same result.
I don't feel pregnant or anything, not that I would know what it would feel like, I just assume I would feel something. Like, something would be different. idk.
I was just wondering if anyone else had been pregnant with no symptoms early on? No nausea or anything like that. What are other pregnancy symptoms? Also, how likely is it that the tests were wrong?
Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Feather Offline
Average Joe

Name: Andrea

Points: 9,969, Level: 14 Points: 9,969, Level: 14 Points: 9,969, Level: 14

Re: Its been almost three months since my last period - February 23rd 2012, 12:46 AM

Hi Sam!

Are you on any kind of birth control? Sometimes (like mine) it will seriously make your periods fluctutate, almost to the point of non existance; personally I have realized that I basically have a three to four month cycle now (then again, this could be caused by other things).

Have you had any stress lately or had any weight changes (either plus or minus.. make sure not to post weight numbers please) or even big life changes. Sometimes these things can cause weird things to your cycle as well.

It is possible for tests to be wrong for numerous reasons, anything from them being expired to taking the test wrong, or even taking it at the wrong time of day.

I suggest that if you are concerned that you may be pregnant to go to the doctor and ask them to do a blood test. I would highly suggest that you speak with a doctor, regardless, because you have missed your period for this long.

I hope this helps, at least a bit.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Its been almost three months since my last period - February 23rd 2012, 12:48 AM

Firstly, many women do not know until around 6-12 weeks in. So some women don't find out until they are 3 months. I know after you get so far along, tests won't show that you are pregnant. You could go to the doctor and let them know you might be 3 months and they could do a blood test.

But, even so. You might feel nauseous, light-headed, fatigued, lower back pains, sore nipples (usually just the nipples and not the entire breast). Symptoms vary. And some women can go an entire pregnancy without symptoms.

Another thing, it could be you're missing your periods because 1) stress. 2) Not enough hormones 3) Medicine you might have been on or are on

There are several more reasons, but ultimately, you need to see your doctor. It's not normal and you should be diagnosed, even if it's something minor like not enough hormones
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LoveFever Offline
Average Joe

Re: Its been almost three months since my last period - February 23rd 2012, 01:49 AM

I'm not on any birth control and I don't think anything has changed in my weight/diet or stress wise and I'm on some meds but my doctor hasn't changed them in like, a year or so.

I am going for a physical early next month, if I haven't had my period by then, I'll definitely bring it up with my doctor.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

Re: Its been almost three months since my last period - February 23rd 2012, 10:32 PM

You haven't started any new vitamins lately haven't you? I took a vitamin well some vitex (which is a vitamin that helps women have normal cycles and other things) I didn't have my period for over three months so In my opinion either way you should see a doctor.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

(#6 (permalink)) Old
LoveFever Offline
Average Joe

Re: Its been almost three months since my last period - February 25th 2012, 06:31 PM

No, i haven't started taking anything.
Apparently my doctors appointment isn't until the END of March. Should I try to get in before then? I just don't want to have to tell my mom why I'm going, especially if it's nothing, and since she would have to pay the doctor I would have to tell her.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Its been almost three months since my last period - February 25th 2012, 06:41 PM

If you are concerned, yes. As for your mom, you could just say, "Hey, mom. I haven't gotten my period in a couple months and I'm worried. Could we go to the doctor?" She doesn't have to know you think it may be pregnancy. As I said, there are several reasons you might miss your period.

There's also a condition where you miss your period for no reason. Usually birth control or hormone supplements can regulate it. I have to be on bc to have a period, but they don't actually know why. They just assume it's hormone related.
Closed Thread