TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

jens pregnancy/journal - March 7th 2012, 02:34 PM

I saw a lot of girls on here make one. So I thought I would. To give insight to people curious about pregnancy

Anyways this entry starts nasty starts with my ER trip. Yes, last night I took a nice trip to the ER. My stomach hurt really bad to my intestines, I puked everywhere and had the soupy poops so bad I kept cramping. So yes I went to the ER worried about Vincent (we decided to name him Vincent Edward by the way) not so worried about myself. I didn't want him to be in any danger. Because I am over 20 weeks I don't go to the ER anymore I get transferred to the OB wing. Oddly enough when I got there I didn't puke or have any other symptoms. They did my vitals and checked Vincents vitals (as he kicked the Doppler away) he was fine, 150 beats per minute and no contractions.

The OB wing was nice, they called my doctor to see what she wanted me to do. I was given what felt like a cocktail of drugs, something first for nausea (Zofran), which worked well. But I still had awful pain so they called my doctor again and she explained a stomach bug is going around. They gave me Maylox something for pain and semmethicone. Which worked wonders and I went home.

Anyways I went to go buy some onsies Friday. It's hard to believe in about 3 1/2 months I'll have my little boy, hopefully healthy and happy. It was almost aweinspiring to be taken past the nursery where a cute little baby lay there. I was really happy to want to see Vincent when the time comes. I don't wanna rush it though, I don't mind the kicking, and movement at all...I know they still have to get a lot stronger (the kicks) but it's okay I'll weather a storm to see this little guy. I've been through a a lot.

Which brings me to a point that irks me. I know I lost Gabriel in August, but I just don't like it when people refer to me being pregnant now but won't refer to Gabriel as a baby. I am on a site and they are nice to post the children's names under the mom's user name. They just write pregnant. It makes me feel almost ashamed they had two or three kids names I would have like them to have written, Pregnant and mother of Gabriel. Just because he's not around doesn't mean I wasn't a mother--I had a chance to carry him 14 weeks, and go through brimstone and back. I want some recognition as being a mother.

Anyways being sick and pregnant I think rest is in order. Hopefully it's fine that I post my little pregnancy/baby journal here as I seen lots of people do. Every one will be updated on me and the baby as much as possible.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 7th 2012, 06:24 PM

I'm sorry you had to go to the E.R. Glad things turned out okay.

For the site you are on, can you ask if they add Gabriel's name there? Just because he isn't with you does not mean you are not his MOTHER. His name should be there.

Love the little Beans name btw.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 7th 2012, 08:51 PM

I probably could ask them it just feels weird.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
I've been here a while

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 8th 2012, 04:46 PM

Aw,
Well, if his name is not there, he is still your son and always will be.

My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 8th 2012, 05:20 PM

very true.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 8th 2012, 05:24 PM

So today, I'm feeling a bit better my intestines are still feeling like someone ran them over with a steamroller. I'm feeling tired, but at least during all this time I feel the little man of mine flipping/kicking whatever it may be. It might make me feel like a crazy mommy or something like that but I love feeling him move its almost this nice feeling knowing your young one is moving. I only felt it once when I was 13 weeks last time with Gabriel. I know that's what I felt with him. This time, knowing what this feeling is makes me smile.

It's so hard to believe that in about 3 1/2 months he'll be here like I said yesterday. I hope for the best with my little man. I hope to see him in July and, hope to hold him something I didn't get a chance to do last time. I do get curious about what he'll look like. I know the hubby is 1/2 Mexican so he has dark hair and dark eyes, I being white (with a billion nationalities) but with brown hair and blue eyes I'm not quite sure. My step daughter has hazel eyes and light brown hair and you can't even tell she has any Mexican in her. So yes I don't have a clue what this little man will look like. My guess is dark hair and eyes as you will notice in the picture (my hair is dyed there it's like a yucky brown).

I've been thinking about options for birthing as in stuff like hydro or natural and I'm still not sure what I want to do. I hope it's not offinsive or come out wrong but I don't think that hypnobirthing is an option and not even sure it is an idea. I can't find any information that is what I"m looking for. I've been always drawn to the whole hydro/water birth thing before I was even expecting. But...there's a part of me that is not sure. I know I have time to think things through but I want a good answer before it all happens.

So here I am sitting at my computer feeling pitiful. My husband is still thinking it seems more like food poisoning rather than a stomach bug. It happened right after my KFC...*shrugs* but he had some and was fine. Go figure. Hah well I'll update more later I promise.

Last edited by Pessimistic Panda; March 8th 2012 at 05:41 PM.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 10th 2012, 03:51 AM

Vincent has been moving around a ton today, I meantioned earlier he was pretty still when I woke up then as soon as I said something he starts moving around, I'm not sure if you can tell the difference between kicks and flipping yet but whatever he's doing he's doing a lot of it. it's so bittersweet to know that these bumps will only last so long then he'll be here.

People don't understand how crazy it is to even balance money and a baby we only get $700 a month, and with rent at $200 and all the important things we need to get to take care of things. I feel like I'm running ragged, we a new vehicle, my husband, his daughter, Vincent and I. I'm not going to have anyone going Beverly Hilbilly style so we need a new vehicle and fast. A two bedroom apartment isn't going to work well either. So--yeah, people don't see how crazy it is. Not saying the husband isn't trying he's supposed to be gettin social security as I am (as soon as it goes through), so it's a waiting game.

So my mom has a baby shower planned she says a month or two before Vincent is born. I think the cool day would be Mothers day it's about two months before Vincent is born so it works well and I want to have a positive reason to celebrate a holiday like that. I didn't even get to last year which it will be a very special mothers day for me, a day to remember my angel baby and a day to think about Vincent who so far is doing great. Moving as we speak :P.

I think the one thing people don't understand is how can I, a mother who has lost a child to something awful like I lost Gabriel to, want another baby. The thing is, I'll never stop missing Gabriell, and I know this baby for sure doesn't have what he has. God (I know not everyone here believes in God but I feel God has to be meantioned) had other plans at the time. I can't cry about the past because crying won't bring Gabriel back and I wouldn't have Vincent, maybe it just wasn't the right time. I think now I can really appricate being pregnant and having a baby. Give or take things can happen between now and three and a half months, I think it's best said the past is the past, the future is uncertain and the present is just that a present. Yeah I got that from Kung Fu Panda but it's a good enough saying right?

Night all.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 21st 2012, 07:48 PM

Here I am still alive. Vincent is doing good. I just have no computer. Mine took a dump and I have Dell attempting to fix it.

Pregnancy is well. I am better from my food poisoning but now have a virus. *sigh* and vincent growing is pressing on my diaphram so it hurts my chest. The growth also threw my back out of alignment so I have numbness in my leg. I like being pregnant but these are the things I can do without.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Online
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 21st 2012, 10:46 PM

How far along are you now Jen? I'm glad to hear you're doing good and enjoying your pregnancy

~~~
HelpLINK Mentor & Project Advisor

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 22nd 2012, 04:29 PM

22 weeks a bit past the halfway point

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 23rd 2012, 06:49 PM

Yep here I am again. Still sick with thestupid stomach bug that's going around.tired, in Pain from both stretching and the bug. It does suck a lot. We still have nothing for the baby, but With only $700 a month and $300of it for rent and cable It only lasts so long especially with gas prices as they are. I'm worried a bit that we Won't have what we need when he gets here which is scary. But I hope for the best.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 23rd 2012, 09:08 PM

Well, let people know what you need for when the baby shower comes around. My grandparents surprised my sister with a beautiful crib and car seat. They even sold some of their furniture to buy them for her.

Also, as reference to a much earlier post, you ARE a mother to Gabriel and Vincent. You always will be a mother to both of them. And of course you will always miss Gabriel, but it's definitely alright to want another child. You have to move on with your life. But you won't ever forget the child you lost.

Anyways, hope you get to feeling better soon!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Amber Offline
Pro-Choice

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 23rd 2012, 11:09 PM

I'm glad you're doing well and that Vincent is moving around a lot! It's definitely a good feeling being able to feel him move inside of you. At least it always puts a smile on my face when I feel Lucas kick.

Believe me.. you will know once he flips around. It is the weirdest feeling I have ever felt but it is soooo cool! It just feels like something is kicking and turning all at the same time. Hard to explain.. but you'll know when it happens.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 24th 2012, 04:06 PM

So here I am surpised at what I ate yesterday. Before getting pregnant I was a strict vegetarian but lately I've been craving meat. Yesterday I went to Burger King and ordered a double Wopper. I actually listened to my cravings! Not again though, my digestive tract is messed up enough with IBS...and something else I just don't pass veggies at all...its either not digested well or goes right through me. Pregnancy makes it worse.

It sucks I'm one of the women that when they're pregnant, are always tired. I'm exhausted lately. They say the second trimester you have more energy and everything. I lack that. I want to sleep. Probably because I don't sleep well at night. I get up to pee or my side hurts and then its never ending.

Well I'm gonna nap a bit.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 27th 2012, 01:59 AM

Im thinking its a rumor about not being tired the second trimester. My iron has been tested I'm fine...so its not anemia I'm just sleepy. Vincent loves to move more lately he has his moments where he's still but he's usually active. He likes food and likes to dance (seriously). Some days I wish my belly wasn't so big I was 115 prebaby now 8m close to 140! I feel weird...I know cravings are crazy. I wanted taco bell cheesy bean and rice burritos and taco bell doesn't sell them so I made them myself...yuck! It was bad. So I ended up eating a burrito and a half and took a nap then had cereal and a pbj. Now I'm antsy for sorbet. As I type on my phone my lil man is crazily moving so ill write more later

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Amber Offline
Pro-Choice

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 27th 2012, 02:14 AM

I was the most tired in the beginning/middle of my second trimester but gained a lot more energy once I got towards the end of the second trimester. Everyone is different though! Don't be afraid to sleep more than usual though. Any extra sleep helps. Even now I'll have to get 9/10 hours a night before I'm awake all day.

You think you're big now.. Just wait until your belly button starts to poke out!! Mine has been starting to poke for about a week and a half and it finally poked today.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
I've been here a while

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 27th 2012, 02:56 AM

Try thrift stores for clothes/blankets.. Have you set up a baby registry yet? If not, try to put down the stuff you know you will need help getting. (crib/or play pen, car seat, stroller etc)

My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 28th 2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEAVENn View Post
Try thrift stores for clothes/blankets.. Have you set up a baby registry yet? If not, try to put down the stuff you know you will need help getting. (crib/or play pen, car seat, stroller etc)
As you meanted that yes I have started my baby registry I have to wait until I get my laptopback because I can't figure out how to do it online. But I've started.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 29th 2012, 05:51 AM

Between gas, the intensne moving of Vicent, and heartburn my stomach feels like well...as it should jello and a bit tender in spots. When I say intense kicking I know people are thinking a little baby about 11 inches shouldn't be able to kick hard but this little guy does some times and it isn't really a hurt hurt it's like a scary bump that you know causes your mind to think, "ouch," when seriously it doesn't hurt.

I am on a quest to find a baby book. I don't like the ones at Meijer they seeem to flimsy and don't seem to have the stuff in it I want. I am thinking about a plain journal notebook and making it myself but I am not creative, I don't know what I want.

I am trying to work on my baby registry now. Since I was honestly waiting a bit knowing last time I was so happy to work on one, I lost Gabriel. Its kind of almost a scary feeling. It's almost like I don't want to accept that this baby is healthy until he is born. I know it's crazy right? But that's how I feel.

So here I am under 16 weeks to go. I think about how crazy that is and found out if worse came to worse with what I need the local pregnancy clinic has stuff or knows of places to get the stuff.

Well it is almost 2 and I'm tired later.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
I've been here a while

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - March 31st 2012, 04:23 AM

I'm sorry you're scared to start the registry... just try and think positive.. This little one WILL be healthy. You WILL be bringing home your baby.

If you need help with baby hats or a blanket please let me know. I can crochet some for you.

My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 3rd 2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEAVENn View Post
I'm sorry you're scared to start the registry... just try and think positive.. This little one WILL be healthy. You WILL be bringing home your baby.

If you need help with baby hats or a blanket please let me know. I can crochet some for you.
As for hats and such as I'm going to post in my latest entry. The neighbor who has a young boy has been helpful she's giving me clothes, and someone I went to school with is willing to give me a crib set, which I am probably going to turn down because she's expecting another baby and I can't do that.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 3rd 2012, 01:42 AM

Well what a interesting last few days, pregnancy wise. I'm getting to the point sleeping is uncomfortable and I'm not sure what to do. I can't sleep on my back, now I can't sleep on my stomach because it's too uncomfortable, and laying on my side is something I never really liked so I'm trying to get used to sleeping on my sides which is so uncomfortable, so during the day I'm taking naps because I couldn't sleep as well as I wanted.

The neighbor girl, who's a bit youger than me has given me boy clothes and she said she has tons of newborn clothes which is great. Now as for big ticket items I'm worried I'm not to worried about a crib because he'd have a basinette for awhile. The husband still has the swing and changing table from Rayne its mainly like I said the crib and high chair that I'm worried about.

Some stuff I see in the stores, I think are useless like the diaper covers. You know the stuff that covers the diapers. I don't know what one is for. That stuff like that.

Anyways I"m going to make me muffins since I am craving muffins.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 5th 2012, 04:18 PM

So I'm 24 weeks already, wowie! I remember shaking in fear at 14 weeks that I'd be in the same bubble as I was in with Gabriel. Which thank God wasn't the case I was worried about everything, give or take the worry hasn't let up but I'm not losing sleep over it. I've decided that God knows best and if God deems that it isn't time for Vincent either then I isn't time (which I find that unlikely this little guy is like a one man wrecking machine on the inside)

After a few uncomfortable nights sleeps I went out and bought me some more pillows. I wasn't going to invest $200 for maternity pillows yes they're like $200, for something to elevate my back and legs. I spent my self $5 for a couple of the pillows they had on sale at walmart. Cheap I know but why spend that much money for a pillow when I can buy two teeny pillows one for my back and one for my legs that will do the same job? Of course I'm not wasting my money I was told to spend more money from other people like boppy pillows and whatnot, but I was told they didn't do much job even after the baby is born so *sigh* $5 is fine.

When I thinking of the big ticket items I need, I need a crib, I want one of those convertible cribs as they call them that turn into a toddler bed then and after that and an adult bed. I saw a stroller carseat combo I'll need from the store--but we still need to get something other than the truck a truck that holds 3 people won't work well...my step-daughter, my husband, Vincent and I won't work. That's the biggest item I need. It's just tough finding a place that sells cars for cheap and that work well. *sigh* I don't know what on earth I'm doing. That's were it's scary.

I'm doing good besides that though, Vincent is so active, I'm constantly being kicked or he's flipping. It's insane. I feel like an army has invaded my stomach. ^_^ I can even see the movement in my stomach with this alien I call my son. It's both cute and scary! But yes as many updates as I can do for the estimated 16 weeks I'll do it

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 7th 2012, 01:35 AM

I feel bad I spent most of our monthly income on maternity/nursing bras today, two pairs of maternity pants and a dress from motherhood maternity. I feel bad that I bought those things and spent all the money but I needed bras the ones I was wearing stopped fitting, I was wearing pajama pants and well...you get the idea. I needed it. But now part of me feels guilty for doing so $168 at a store is crazy, give or take it was buy 3 get one free for maternity bras and buy one get one free for pants so I am a bit okay with it. I do like the dress though. Which I did provide a picture from the site. That's the exact dress I got. It's just the thought of sleeping bras that have me a bit confused. But it was the free bra I got so *shrugs*. I'll wear it.

I don't know if other mothers or mothers to be have the problem my chest hurts when I lay down...well it hurts in general I've been to the hospital about it--they said it was nothing. I went to the doctors about it she wrote it off as a flu bug. Which I am just assuming that it's the pressure of my uterus on my diaphragm or something. But I've tried Tylenol (of course the doctor prescribed amount she said 12 in 24 hours is the limit I try to take only 3 a day if I have to).

I know the fear won't subside until he's born that he's going to be alright. I freak out every day that something could happen. I need to try to let go of the fears. It's not good on me I know. But at least all in all it was a good day.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Amber Offline
Pro-Choice

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 8th 2012, 03:44 PM

As long as he's still moving around and playing karate in there - I'm sure he's fine! If you're really worried though you can start doing kick counts. You lay on your left side and keep track of how long it takes him to give you ten distinct kicks, punches, body rolls or ANY kind of movement. It could take ten minutes to two hours. Sometimes when he doesn't kick me a lot I'll just try it out and usually once I lay still enough he starts kick boxing with me and punches things off my belly then I know he's okay! But if you can't count ten distinct movements during the entire day then make sure you call your doctor. Just to be sure.

Don't feel bad about spending all of that money on clothes. You NEED them. I mean I still walk around in sweats and leggings still. Maternity jeans feel so weird. Sometimes I'll still wear my pre-preggers pants and I'll just take a hair tie or a rubber band and loop it through the hole and wrap it around the button. This way your pants still stretch with you. (I'm wearing some shorts with a hair tie as we speak.)

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 9th 2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
As long as he's still moving around and playing karate in there - I'm sure he's fine! If you're really worried though you can start doing kick counts. You lay on your left side and keep track of how long it takes him to give you ten distinct kicks, punches, body rolls or ANY kind of movement. It could take ten minutes to two hours. Sometimes when he doesn't kick me a lot I'll just try it out and usually once I lay still enough he starts kick boxing with me and punches things off my belly then I know he's okay! But if you can't count ten distinct movements during the entire day then make sure you call your doctor. Just to be sure.

Don't feel bad about spending all of that money on clothes. You NEED them. I mean I still walk around in sweats and leggings still. Maternity jeans feel so weird. Sometimes I'll still wear my pre-preggers pants and I'll just take a hair tie or a rubber band and loop it through the hole and wrap it around the button. This way your pants still stretch with you. (I'm wearing some shorts with a hair tie as we speak.)
As for the movement he moves around a lot he kicks a million times an hour it seems its rare to have him not move. That's when i get worried, i know they sleep but still.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 9th 2012, 01:40 AM

Good day, and Happy Easter to you that celebrate it. It is a bit hard realizing if Gabriel was here, we don't celebrate Easter anyway, but if we did. I wouldn't have Vincent growing in me, and I don't know if that would be different and it just depresses me. But I know I have Vincent, the crazy thing is I can't believe it's only 107 days left. It's crazy to think 107 days! I think 90 isn't a lot and that's just like 20 more days...and my friend had her son 6 weeks early which that side tracks me...he's a big healthy baby (was born 6 pounds and some odd ounces...what a big baby!)

Anyways, I love my maternity clothes. I like the sleeping bra. It's more comfortable to relax in it. I know that's crazy, I like it.

My stomach right now feels like I'm popping popcorn. So yes he's moving. Thursday I have an appointment with the doctor. I hope all goes well. I know at 26 weeks I am supposed to get another ultrasound, which of course people will get to see, and I get my baby I can't wait. I do get my glucose test as well, I'm hoping the hospital (which it's nice it's not even a block from the apartment) has the green kind of drink, with red dye allergies I can't have the fruit punch or orange, and if I can't have those I just get a full thing of plain sugar water....yuck! I don't want sugar water so I hope they have it, I guess the green, which tastes like flat sprite isn't too bad. I like flat sprite every now and then (on accident or when I left it on the bookshelf by my bed and don't want to get anything to drink).

I hate the fact that one of my biggest cravings are showing up in my dreams. I love smoothies right now and I ended up having this smoothie drink. So I woke up thinking I could have some! I have nothing for smoothies!

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 10th 2012, 01:38 AM

Good day again to people reading my journal. Today was a typical pregnancy day. I woke up again wanting smoothies, they keep floating in my dream. I don't know if this is a craving or that I'm thinking about smoothies during the day or what. It's crazy. But I wake up wanting one.

Tomorrow Vincent will be the size of an egg plant. I laugh at thinking about my son as a piece of fruit or a vegetable. But I remember the time he was just the size of a snow pea growing inside of me. Now he's bigger kicking up a storm.

I got bored today and made myself a cute little picture because I had an artistic moment. Which reminds me the husband says I should just go and buy a baby book instead of making one. I think the main reason why he says that is, he knows my behavior I'll start it get half way done and stop. That's how I am. So I need to find one that suits my needs. The ones at Meijer seem flimsy and stupid. I wanted ones with more information. I think I was actually looking for a better place to put pictures in. Any suggestions would be helpful. I just wanted one that was a nice in-depth one.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
I've been here a while

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 12th 2012, 06:21 PM

Try Barnes and Nobles for a baby book. We got Logan's from there and it is soo nice. Very in depth, tons of questions tons of places to put pictures and write down memories... and follows him to I think the 5th year.

My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 12th 2012, 07:12 PM

Wow, 25 weeks and two days, I remember not even being pregnant. Give or take it's been a year almost, honestly, with a baby in me. I was pregnant with Gabriel in May of last year and lost him in August--and October I became pregnant with Vincent, is something that is unbelievably crazy.

Sadly my doctors appointment has been moved to May 1, my doctor is sick. :-/. I never had something like this happen with her so I hope she's alright. As for that. I'm sick now as well. It feels like a stomach bug and allergies. I have a bit of a headache and a nose bleed, when I went to Meijer earlier yesterday, I checked to be sure that it was not high blood pressure why I have nose bleeds and a headache, and my blood pressure was 90/60 which is normal, maybe a little low but reading online it says that it's fine during pregnancy the only thing to watch out for is passing out.

Today though I woke up with a bad leg cramp and keep getting them (which is just more than likely the fact I tripped over a big-wheel bike last night, and have Vincent's weight pressing upon me and him doing whatever he's doing pressing on nerves--with as much as he moves and with the force there's something. Anyways my leg hurts, my nose randomly bleeds, I guess you can't call it a nose bleed it's not dripping blood or anything I just blow my nose or try to remove a boogie and its bloody and I have af few blood clots (which I assume is because of increased pressure as my eye doctor has told me (a woman does have a blood flow increase anyways when pregnant which can effect her eyes--I'm nearly blind and I can't wear my glasses), my head hurts a bit and I have a bit of a stomachache. I am eating though, well eating light meals because trying to eat a bit heavier was a bad idea, I had whatever those steamers are from Birds Eye, with pasta sauce, noodles, spinach and something else--I almost felt like ole faithful then. So today I'm just resting (which sucks the hubby is sick with it too--and a fever so I we're in trouble). I had a pbj and an orange today so it's not over doing it. I don't know what we're doing for dinner or anything.

Pregnancy I guess lowers a women's immune system I didn't think that it'd be this bad though. Go figure. So I'm going to relax and hope to feel better.

Later guys.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 12th 2012, 09:29 PM

How long now?

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 13th 2012, 12:20 AM

How long? :-/

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 15th 2012, 12:31 PM

How long till she is born -_-

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 15th 2012, 02:51 PM

15 weeks, isn't it? So excited for you! I hope you get better soon =)

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 15th 2012, 11:46 PM

Yes fictional is right 15 weeks until he's born.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 16th 2012, 01:16 AM

Hello my people I am still alive here. Just spent the weekend with my parents. This weekend was the first time I had people touch my belly. Now that is just weird. Vincent was unsure of everything I'm sure because he wasn't moving much when he heard new people, like it was something he was trying to understand.

I think I'm going to have to relax a bit it's been a long weekend I left because I was stressed at home (long story) but I go to my parents and they drive me nuts). I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm too hormonal or something.

At least according to my aunt when she was pregnant with my cousins she was always tired. I must get used to the fact that in about 2 1/2 months that I will have to deal with the fact that I may not sleep for 6 months after that well as much. So hah! This shall be fun. Sleep as much as I want and then in a few months no more sleep. This is going to suck.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend night all.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 18th 2012, 02:49 PM

Good morning teenhelp! As you know my doctors appointment was postponed. I found out that I have to go find a new doctor in general. My doctor is experiencing complications in her own pregnancy which is sad. So I get to see a brand new doctor. So this gets to be fun.

I went to my wic appointment this morning and it was a waste of time I just filled out a paper that was so stupid. I so I ended up coming back home to relax. But jeesh less than 100 days until Vincent gets here. I can't believe it. I'm giddy nervous and a bit unsure about the future. Since I know this is a pregnancy forum well this side of the pregnancy forum--but since me and the we are on two different religious paths. we can't be "Married" we talked to someone religious about it and they said we can just live together for Vincent. So it's basically just a roommate basis. So it's a bit different. I don't know how or what to do. But I'm trying to remain as stress free as possible.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 19th 2012, 02:02 PM

I get to see my new doctor today. I just have a problem though. I am not a fan of male doctors at all. Especially male doctors that have to look at my nether regions. I don't know never felt comfortable. But I guess if worse comes to worse, the hubs (I know he's technically not anymore but that's what I feel he still is) said we can find a midwife. Does anyone know how quickly you can find a midwife when you're almost 7 months pregnant? Well 1 1/2 weeks shy of 7 months--yes that's even scarier, not the fact I have like 97 days left on the little ticker (which I know my mom and Aunt said that their due dates were closer to their first estimated due date). That would bump mine up 10 days at least. Ten days I guess doesn't make too much difference if I guess 37 weeks is considered full term.

Some days like I said I do wonder what this little guy would look like. Do all male babies look like spitting images of their father? Do 1/4 Mexican babies look Mexican. I did read they have lots of hair, which is cute. I didn't want a bald baby lol.

Vincent lately has been kicking so much my stomach hurts. I was eating Mapo Tofu last night, yes being vegetarian (well trying to get back on the vegetarian road after I fell off from pregnancy) I try to eat as much vegetarian stuff as I can, very rarely while being pregnant I crave chicken, or a burger. But lately I've been learning to curb that craving as well. If I want a burger...Burger King has a veggie burger, which works well and so does Boca, Morningstar, and all those places. Goes with chicken they have chicken "burgers". I just need to curb it. I mean the other day I had no choice I ordered chili cheese fries not thinking (I know I know) yeah it had burger in it, but being hungry I didn't really care because I had a taste when I was with my parents for the weekend for a local places food, Chili Cheese fries and a vegetarian Philly, the Philly was so good, but combined with the fries eating all at once didn't happen so my Philly got put in the fridge and on hold, yuck soggy bread.

I admit I'm nervous about my whole appointment today. There's so much I need to get done before my next appointment. Which brings me to a question if any mom can answer. Is this the time they start scheduling every two week appointments or is it a month down the road? Never got that far with Gabriel and I wanted to know so I'm not shocked . But if it's every two weeks this week and next week. I'm going to be doing my blood glucose and my ultrasound. Eww! Maybe they can schedule it the same day. Which will be fun. I'm afraid of needles though. Really afraid, mainly needles to draw blood I have problems with my veins, seriously I've been poked readily for them to draw blood or start an IV.

Which reminds me, I'm debating on a systemic medication instead of an epidural, again I have no clue if that's going to work. I want a bit of a different delivery as you can tell hydrobirth and systemic medication. I know the systemic may make my little bubba tired a bit and me tired. But I didn't want all my pain taken away, I just wanted it to be enough that I can still enjoy some of the pains of childbirth. People my call me crazy but I want to feel SOME pain when Vincent is born. As I've been reading I may not be fully fully there when he's born. I don't know if that'd be a good thing though I guess it's better to weigh the pro's and con's first. I have only about 90 days left.

Anyways enough gabbing (which happens when I'm worried) later all!

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 19th 2012, 06:54 PM

And another update. I still have no ultrasound scheduled or blood glucose test. I have to switch doctors again because the one out here won't treat me because of my mental problems. The soonest they can get me is May 10 and 11. Yes two days of appointments this really sucks.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: jens pregnancy/journal - April 22nd 2012, 05:37 AM

Here I a at 1:30 in the morning. Getting kicked by someone who thinks he's some kind of soccer player or something. Honestly, I am unable to sleep because of him. I can't sleep mainly because of the fact my stomach is growing and I guess what I was reading my center of gravity shifts so I will have pain in places like my mid back (right below my rib cage) and my chest (my chest I think is more because Vincent is kicking me). To feel him move over and over again is like wow. It's fun now because I can kind of feel where he is in my stomach, and I like to tap where he's at just so I can get him to kick back. what a goofy girl I am.

It's crazy to believe Tuesday will be 27 weeks. I can't believe how quickly time is actually going. I used to think how interesting it would be to be pregnant. I even used to lie about it online in chatrooms--out of boredom and jealousy, which was more than 5 years ago. But truth being I don't think people realize what it's really like. Yes there's so much excitement filling you when you're pregnant is the greatest, and that's what these people who pretend to be pregnant online or be someone they're not--have. But when you look at it there's so much more, there's usually worry involved, I don't know who's been pregnant and not worried about something every now and then, about something whether it be money, the baby or just life in general. It changes a lot more than I thought it would. My world isn't exactly as I thought it'd be either way.

As I'm sitting here and thinking about seeing a new doctor May 10, which if I calculate it right is 2 1/2 weeks, I almost 27 weeks now I'll be about 29 weeks by then. Then the 10 week countdown will begin. I still haven't had the ultrasound I was told I needed at 26 weeks or even my glucose test, I don't know how on earth this will be scheduled or anything I think that it's going to be hectic when I go to these appointments. One day I have an intake appointment, which I guess is going to access me and give the place a bigger picture per say, then the next day is my actual appointment. Which gets to be more fun. The 30 minute drive for 2 days sounds exciting. Then thinking about driving 40 minutes when I'm going to have a baby sounds scarier. :-/ I don't want to have my son in the car. Sad thing is the hospital here is about 39 minutes different. Yes it's almost in my back yard. I thought I'd be able to hop skip and jump to the hospital. Nope! Saving gas in the gas guzzler truck for all this stuff is going to be fun! A ton of fun.

Well I hope write more. Sorry about the lengthy update everyone

Closed Thread