TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riverthewolf Offline
Skittles are possibly the best
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matt

Question Sexuality is all over the place now - January 11th 2016, 01:44 AM

You could call this post a sort of "Coming out on TH" sort of thing.
I guess it is.

I've noticed that i no longer have any attraction towards guys, so, with that said, I've realised I'm gay. Usually, I'm completely fine with this revelation, but that's the point where I remeber that coming out to people isn't as easy as it seems sometimes.

Is it odd that I feel like my parents have to know, just because they deserve to? I mean I am their child

Well, I'm gonna shut up now. Thanks for reading this

Likes? You ask my likes, I will say tacos. ALWAYS!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: Sexuality is all over the place now - January 11th 2016, 01:58 AM

Hey!

First of all, yay on figuring stuff out and coming out on TH! That's an awesome step, congratulations

Secondly, I get the nervousness around coming out. If you feel like it's a good time to tell your parents, then I think the sooner the better. Better out of the closet than in. Of course, if you're really worried about how they'll take it, you don't need to. Who you are attracted to doesn't have to be any of their business, regardless of the fact that they're your parents. This is a personal thing that you're going through, and you don't need to share it with anyone if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

If you ever want to chat about this I'm totally up for it, just shoot me a message I'm in the process of coming out too, so I know how hard it can be sometimes. Good luck!

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
I've been here a while

Name: Raven

Re: Sexuality is all over the place now - January 11th 2016, 05:54 AM

Firstly, congratulations on coming out on TH! That's an amazing step, and it can be hard to come out, even online.

As Estelle said, if you feel like you are ready to come out, its better sooner than later. Your parents don't have to know everything, but if you think they will be understanding then go for it! It is better to tell your parents things anyway, even if they don't have to know everything. I'm sure they will appreciate it, and it will feel good for you to have things out in the open. If you do tell your parents, that doesn't mean you have to let everyone know if you don't want them to. It doesn't affect anyone else who you are attracted to, so don't feel pressured to tell people if you aren't ready.

Either way, I hope it goes well.
Take care.

19.12.15|14.07.16|11.2.17
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Sexuality is all over the place now - January 23rd 2016, 09:44 PM

Congratulations on coming out to us here!

Whether you tell your parents is completely your decision. If you feel comfortable telling them, it can be really good because it allows you to be honest with them, go to them when you have problems or are sad about relationships, share your joy if you find a new relationship or something good happens, and obviously it will make it easier as you get older, and you perhaps find a long term partner or even get married. If you worry that your parents won't be supportive, sometimes it can be better to hold off on telling them, but people seem to be becoming more and more accepting and hopefully your parents are too. They don't have a right to know, but it can be nice to tell them.

Good luck

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread