TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hellojwt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

Question yet all appreciated. I'm confused about my sexuality (I'm 15) - November 1st 2016, 06:42 PM

Hi

I'm really confused about whether I'm gay, straight or bi-sexual etc. I am a boy just in case you are wondering.

I think I'm gay because I keep finding myself thinking about BOYS/MEN and looking at the other boys in the school changing room, thinking wow they're kinda hot/cute. I then catch myself and go "no that's not right I like GIRLS, I don't like BOYS." Then i start getting unsure and it generally bugs me...

All help and advice (PLEASE NOT MEAN/NASTY) greatly appreciated,

hellojwt

P.S. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT I AM UNDER 18. SO DON'T GO TELLING ME TO SEARCH NUDE MEN/WOMEN IN GOOGLE etc.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: yet all appreciated. I'm confused about my sexuality (I'm 15) - November 1st 2016, 07:09 PM

Hey there and welcome to TH

Don't worry, noone here will be mean to you. We're here to help and lend an open ear and a shoulder to lean on, not to judge you

We can't tell you, what sexuality you are, you know yourself best, so it's up to you.
From what you said it seems to me that you might be at least interessted in guys, but you could be gay, bi or just currious. It can mean all kind of things.

There's no need to stress about it though
If your unsure now, just wait a bit, maybe it will get clearer over time. Until then just roll with it and see what happens You're only 15 so you have all the time in the world to figure this out

I'll also leave the link to the Queer Dictionary here. Maybe take a look, it could be helpfull to make things clearer and if you have any questions feel free to ask as many questions as you want

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
The-Knight Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: yet all appreciated. I'm confused about my sexuality (I'm 15) - November 1st 2016, 10:08 PM

Hello.

Like said in the previous post, don't worry too much about how you're feeling as you are only 15 and feelings are swishing around you at a 1000 mph and what seems a bad feeling today, might be an ok feeling tomorrow.

Don't worry about putting a label on what you feel, I, myself, at 24 still don't know who or what I am - I like both, but do I only like males? - Again, I'm older, but still figuring out who I am.

Also, it could be nice if you have some one to speak too, close, who you can confide in about this and discuss how you're feeling.

Hope all is well.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: yet all appreciated. I'm confused about my sexuality (I'm 15) - November 1st 2016, 10:58 PM

Hey,

Like the other users said, we can't tell you what your orientation is, but if you feel like you're more attracted to boys than girls, you're probably not straight. Even though there's no rush to label anything, I totally understand that it's stressful, and some people like being able to identify with a label. Finding an identity that describes you can be a huge relief. If you want something to identify with while you figure things out, you can always use a general one, like queer or questioning.

There's definitely no rush to find a label, and it's something that only you can decide on. If you ever have any questions, need help, or just want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message I'm always down to help out. Good luck!

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hellojwt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

Re: yet all appreciated. I'm confused about my sexuality (I'm 15) - November 2nd 2016, 07:26 PM

Thanks soooo much to all of you that have replied and private messaged...it's helped a lot!

Closed Thread