TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
masa09 Offline
Lunatic Eyes
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rei

Question Questioning if I'm demigirl?? - January 14th 2018, 02:22 AM

So this is my first post ever on a forum website, tbh. Anyways, lately I have felt not so much of a girl, but at the same time still a girl. I like my boobs and all, but I just don't like acting or dressing like a girl sometimes. I just dress gender-neutrally, most of the time. Anyways, would this make me demigirl? I feel comfortable identifying myself as a demigirl but also using they/them pronouns. Also, would I have to bind to be a demigirl? I really don't want to lose my breasts, I honestly love them. Please help me out here, any help is appreciated!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Questioning if I'm demigirl?? - January 14th 2018, 03:31 AM

The way to determine if you're a demigirl or not is up to you and how you feel. If you feel like a demigirl, then you sure are! If you feel comfortable with IDing as such, then yes, you are! It doesn't matter what you do in regards to presentation (dressing a certain way, binding, etc.) it depends on how you feel comfortable presenting. So, if you don't want to bind then you don't have to.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Kings of the north.

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Questioning if I'm demigirl?? - January 14th 2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masa09 View Post
So this is my first post ever on a forum website, tbh.
Welcome to the site, and I'm glad you felt comfortable coming here to ask your question. I hope you find the support and advice you're looking for here.

Quote:
Anyways, lately I have felt not so much of a girl, but at the same time still a girl. I like my boobs and all, but I just don't like acting or dressing like a girl sometimes. I just dress gender-neutrally, most of the time.
Feeling like a girl but also not a girl is definitely one way a demigirl might describe their experience. However, it might be good to explore the idea that perhaps it's not that you don't really feel like a girl, but that you don't feel like what society expects girls to be like. I would encourage you to give it some thought to figure out if you really don't entirely feel like a girl (in which case demigirl is definitely a label that could apply) or whether you just don't want to act and present in a way that society typically considers suitable for girls (in which case maybe you might be gender non-conforming, or just uncomfortable or unhappy with society's expectations for what it means to be a girl).

Quote:
Anyways, would this make me demigirl? I feel comfortable identifying myself as a demigirl but also using they/them pronouns.
If it's a label you feel comfortable with, feel free to identify as such - but remember that you can change your label later on. If you feel like a demigirl, go ahead and use that to describe yourself, but don't be afraid to change it later on if your feelings change, or you find a label that fits better, or for whatever reason you don't want to use that label anymore. As people grow up and learn more about themselves they often change the words they use to describe themselves, and that's totally fine. If they/them feels like the right pronoun set for you, then go for it! But remember that you can use whatever pronouns you want, regardless of your gender identity. You can be a demigirl and use she/her, you can use a combination like she/they, you could even use he/him or a set of neopronouns if you felt like that's what works best for you.

Quote:
Also, would I have to bind to be a demigirl? I really don't want to lose my breasts, I honestly love them. Please help me out here, any help is appreciated!
Absolutely not! You can continue presenting and acting the way you are right now and still identify as a demigirl without compromising your identity. If you like your body the way it is now, then that's completely valid. You don't have to bind or cut your hair or change your clothes or style at all. There's no one right way to be a demigirl, so just do whatever feels right for you. If you feel like you're a demigirl, then you are, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.

I hope this helped a bit, and I wish you all the best on this journey. Exploring your gender identity (which, incidentally, I recently wrote an article on that you might find interesting) can be a scary, exciting experience, and I hope you find the answers that you're looking for.

it's a whisper turned a battle cry
we're still here 'cause we refuse to die

(#4 (permalink)) Old
masa09 Offline
Lunatic Eyes
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rei

Re: Questioning if I'm demigirl?? - January 14th 2018, 07:38 PM

Thank you all for the help! I will start identifying as demigirl now c:

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Kings of the north.

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Questioning if I'm demigirl?? - January 14th 2018, 11:21 PM

I'm glad you found a label you feel comfortable using, and that we were able to help a bit. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have at any point.

it's a whisper turned a battle cry
we're still here 'cause we refuse to die

Closed Thread