TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MaybeBiUnregistered

Edit avatar

Trying to define who I am - June 7th 2020, 04:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]So, right now, everyone knows me as being Bisexual, but I'm not sure about that label anymore.

To explain, I was just in a heterosexual relationship. There was intimacy, but (and I apologise cause it's gonna get a little personal here) I don't really like sex like that. The whole, insert Slot A into Tab B sorta thing, the rest of it (kissing, making out, oral stuffs, etc...) was fine and enjoyable, the whole penetrative aspect was just not doing anything for me other than pain (emotional and physical). So, my thought was well maybe I am just attracted to girls like that. But, I still like guys romantically.

So, to sum this all up. Is there a label for someone who is romantically attracted to guys, gals, and non-binary pals, but only likes women (and maybe non-binary people) sexually?
And I know I shouldn't try to define myself by labels but I kinda like being able to have a group of people who are like me. Who are maybe sexually attracted to women but romantically like men too.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47

Re: Trying to define who I am - June 7th 2020, 06:35 PM

Hello, thank you so much for coming on and telling us about what you have been going through and I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon.

When I see someone who is a guy and they are with another guy or a girl with another girl or a girl with a boy, I never put a label on them. To me, I believe that you should always be yourself and you like who you like. We are all different people and it is totally fine to like who you like. So I do not label people, whoever you are or who you are in a relationship with, as long as you are happy then that is what matters.

If you want to figure out who you like, one way that you can do this is, ask some guys and girls out and then when you get home you can make a pro and con list. What did you like about them and not like? What did you see in them that makes them cute? Some people it is the eyes or face or the amazing body or something else that you are into. Also if it takes a little bit of time to figure out who you like, try not to get upset or come down on yourself. Nothing is wrong with you. Everyone is going to find true love, that person is around. They are going to find you or you will find them on day. Just give it some time. I wish you the best with this and hope that you will be okay soon. Thank you for coming on.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Trying to define who I am - June 7th 2020, 09:56 PM

There's actually both a sexuality and romantic spectrum. If you are going to label yourself it sounds like the correct way would be panromantic and homosexual.
Closed Thread