TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18

Unhappy What is wrong with me. - June 14th 2020, 01:21 AM

So I dont know what I'm doing wrong? I am lesbian and I feel like every girl doesnt like me or find me attractive.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: What is wrong with me. - June 14th 2020, 11:22 PM

Sometimes these things happen. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you in particular, just that we all have different preferences on what we do/don't like. There will likely be people out there who are quite interested in you, just that there are things about them that just simply don't work for you. It's not to say that you dislike them, just that you both don't mesh well.

I met a girl recently and she seemed pretty ok, but the more I got to know her, the less interested in talking to her I became. It's not because I dislike her as a person, but because we have nothing in common and trying to talk to her is very hard because it often feels like I'm the one trying to do all the talking and get very little back. However, it's fairly obvious that she's interested in something with me, but because of those little quirks I have with her, I just don't see her the same way. Again, it's not because I don't find her attractive or dislike her, it's just sometimes two people don't mesh well.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: What is wrong with me. - June 15th 2020, 04:52 AM

I don't think anything is wrong with you. Unfortunately the people we are attracted to aren't always attracted to us, and vice versa. I've felt a similar way, to be honest. I don't really go out to meet people (was just starting to when the pandemic hit) so I rely on dating apps and sites. I swipe "yes" on people a lot but I rarely get any matches. It used to bother me more, but I realized that I can't take it personally. It says more about them than it does about me. Besides, I like to think of it as too bad they don't get to meet a great person.

So I suggest keeping your chin up and still looking if and when you're interested. Hopefully you'll find someone who is a good match for you in all the ways you desire them to be.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47

Re: What is wrong with me. - June 15th 2020, 01:42 PM

Hello and I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. Nothing is wrong with you, you are a lovely person and one day you are going to find that person who truly cares about you and love you. Sometimes it can take some time to find that person and we can get upset, start to get down on ourselves because we are going out with different people for one or a few days or a while and it doesn't work work. I was told when I was younger by my grandmother that we are all going to find true love with that person one day. We may be too busy right now or have a lot going on so we may not see them now or they have not came yet. They will, they are going to see you or you will see them and go out for coffee or lunch and it is going to work out. Please do not be so hard on yourself, it is going to be okay. Try to find something to get your mind off of this if you can, going for a walk around your house or calling a friend or putting on a funny movie or TV show or reading or drawing or painting or anything else that you enjoy doing and do this for a while until you are doing okay. I wish you the best and sending you hugs to help you.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18

Re: What is wrong with me. - June 17th 2020, 12:54 AM

Thank you all for your input and all of your advice I had a lot to talk with my therapist and my group therapist too. I should be patient on finding that one person and I always haven't been the most confident when it came to sexuality but I feel like I'm ready to embrace it.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

Closed Thread