TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

very confused about sexuality - November 28th 2021, 02:53 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]hi, my best friend recently started dating a girl from school and i am doubting my sexuality. i feel overly jealous of his girlfriend although i am really happy for him that he has found someone he loves. as a straight cis male, i really don't know if i have feelings for him or whether i'm just confused. i've never been attracted to other boys before and i am still attracted to girls. i also had a dream a few nights ago where i kissed him but it wasn't a good dream. i felt really uncomfortable as though i was violating my friend's trust. i don't really know what i want to do or how i feel. i should also probably mention that my friend is bi. obviously i'm not going to tell my friend how i feel as i don't want to disrupt a relationship where they are both very happy but i do want to know whether this is normal and if other people have had a similar experience.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: very confused about sexuality - November 29th 2021, 11:20 PM

Just wondering, but is it possible that you're feeling jealous of his girlfriend because you feel that she is perhaps taking your friend away from you? He's your best friend and you're really close to him. Now that he has a girlfriend, you may feel like the 'thing' you have with him is going to be disrupted and that he may spend less time with you in favour of her.

How you feel doesn't necessarily have to have any homosexual-related feelings behind it. Just that you've been in this routine with your best friend and now he has a girlfriend, the routine is likely going to change. He won't have time to hang out with you or do the usual things he does with you. He may start doing these things with her as well/instead. This is bound to make a person feel jealous on some level.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: very confused about sexuality - November 30th 2021, 12:39 PM

Hi!
What happens with your friend is normal. It's just a little jealousy, but again, it's a normal thing.

Second, about your dream, means nothing. Also I had dreams like this, but I know what I am without problems. The dream remains a dream. As you said, also your friend is bi. Seems a joke, but it's easier for you to think about these things.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: very confused about sexuality - November 30th 2021, 09:29 PM

While it is of course okay to question your sexuality, and it could be possible you are bisexual, I agree with the above posters that before worrying too much about whether you're bisexual or not you might explore the possibility that you may simply be jealous of the fact that your friend has someone new in his life that he's spending a lot of time with. It would be completely understandable, as it disrupts what used to be your usual dynamic. Before jumping to conclusions I would suggest just giving it time, both to see if you develop attraction or feelings to any other males, and for the routine to settle again with your friend, his girlfriend, and you.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BoyNextDoor Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Drew
Pronouns: he/him

Points: 2,824, Level: 7 Points: 2,824, Level: 7 Points: 2,824, Level: 7

very confused about sexuality - January 21st 2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversive View Post
While it is of course okay to question your sexuality, and it could be possible you are bisexual, I agree with the above posters that before worrying too much about whether you're bisexual or not you might explore the possibility that you may simply be jealous of the fact that your friend has someone new in his life that he's spending a lot of time with. It would be completely understandable, as it disrupts what used to be your usual dynamic. Before jumping to conclusions I would suggest just giving it time, both to see if you develop attraction or feelings to any other males, and for the routine to settle again with your friend, his girlfriend, and you.

it’s been 2 months now and no attraction or feelings towards another male so far and i doubt it’ll ever happen ngl

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Last edited by BoyNextDoor; January 22nd 2022 at 10:40 PM.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
BoyNextDoor Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Drew
Pronouns: he/him

Points: 2,824, Level: 7 Points: 2,824, Level: 7 Points: 2,824, Level: 7

very confused about sexuality - January 22nd 2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
Just wondering, but is it possible that you're feeling jealous of his girlfriend because you feel that she is perhaps taking your friend away from you? He's your best friend and you're really close to him. Now that he has a girlfriend, you may feel like the 'thing' you have with him is going to be disrupted and that he may spend less time with you in favour of her.

How you feel doesn't necessarily have to have any homosexual-related feelings behind it. Just that you've been in this routine with your best friend and now he has a girlfriend, the routine is likely going to change. He won't have time to hang out with you or do the usual things he does with you. He may start doing these things with her as well/instead. This is bound to make a person feel jealous on some level.

itâs not *just* jealousy though. i think. i dunno…i felt that before and this isn’t it (or, it is but on a whole new level). i have no idea fr

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Last edited by BoyNextDoor; January 23rd 2022 at 11:50 PM.
Closed Thread