TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tally Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natalyia

my family and church will kill me.... - June 30th 2009, 03:46 AM

what brought you to the conclusion that you were lesbian or bi? i think i might be bi but i'm scared to think about it or come to any conclusions because it would mean the end of my life. my family would kill me and it's insanely against my religion. i can't even begin to express how much crap i would be in and much i've been taught that this is wrong. it goes against everything in my life but.....

i can't help how i feel

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lady Stripey Offline
recovering cutter
Average Joe

Name: Kitty

Re: my family and church will kill me.... - June 30th 2009, 04:30 AM

hey tally,
I've been in the exact same spot as you =/ and you know when I think about it now, I know I've always been bi, I know that before, I was in denial. But see for me, how I had to come to this conclusion and finally just accept it, was love. There was this one girl, and as much as I tried to deny it, I knew I was in love with her. I tried hiding it, lying to myself, but there's only so much one person can take of telling their heart that they're wrong. I think that for right now you may not want to label yourself. I don't know the whole situation so I can't quite say but to me, it sounds like you might be, just because of the ehm fear? of the rejection from your religion and family. It goes completely against my religion as well sadly, but I think once you can finally accept, when there's some reason great enough that you can no longer deny what ever you may be, than that's how you'll come to your conclusion that you are, or aren't perhaps. And you know, you're right. You can't help how you feel. I really do believe a part of this is biological and people are born with different sexualities. For that reason, I also think in the end, maybe it doesn't go against God as everone once thought. I believe he still loves me just as much as when I was 'straight', at least forced myself to be. So I hope this helped you, pm me anytime

-S T R I P E S

Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Stripey  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Re: my family and church will kill me.... - June 30th 2009, 12:10 PM

Well, I've always had an idea, since I was like 12, and it was pretty confusing to be honest. I finally figured it out when I was 15, and there was this girl.. and now I know that I'm somewhere between bi and lesbian, and I'm fine with that, I may not have completely figured it out yet, but I probably will one day, and thats fine with me.

Okay, don't be scared, I mean, even if you do figure out that you're bi, you don't HAVE to tell your family or your church. I know it will probably be hard, but you just need to ignore all the reasons why you should be fighting against being bi, and just be open to the idea of it, so you can figure out if you are, or aren't, without anything stopping you figuring it out yourself. And btw, whatever you decide you are, remember. God made you that way, and there is nothing wrong with you whether you're gay, straight, bi or whatever.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk okay!

Closed Thread