TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Caden32 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caden

Points: 9,150, Level: 13 Points: 9,150, Level: 13 Points: 9,150, Level: 13

Trans help please...FtM - October 20th 2009, 03:43 PM

My name is Jor. I'm 17 years old. Im lesbian...and i dress like a "dyke". I dont like that word. I dont like dressing in girls clothes and i dont really like it when people tell me "oh your such a chick" because i dont feel like one...i feel out of place. my mom hates that im always in guys clothes but she doesnt understand. Ive been thinking alot about transgender but im not really sure what to do... i wish i was born as a guy. i could acctualy be accepted for the way i dress and how i feel. i love feeeling masculine and i always get really happy after someone mistakes me as a boy... i like the feeling of being thought of as a guy... does anyone have anything to say or help with this? im not sure what to do... i think im more scared then anything...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Broken-Wings Offline
DontFixMe'CusImNotBroken
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Broken-Wings.

Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14

Re: Trans help please...FtM - October 20th 2009, 04:26 PM

Hey, nice to meet you, welcome to TH.

you shouldn't be scared of who you are, and you shouldn't let your mum make you feel bad for dressing how you do. If you are happy how you are, stay like it. Dont change for anyone unless YOU want to. If you act and dress like a guy anyway, then i dont really see how you need to change, be happy with yourself and others will follow x x

Live.Laugh.Love xox

When Nothing Goes Right, Turn Left.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Yikes!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Unnameable

Points: 12,296, Level: 16 Points: 12,296, Level: 16 Points: 12,296, Level: 16

Re: Trans help please...FtM - October 20th 2009, 07:03 PM

Be who you are, and don't worry about the people who judge you, you don't need people like that in your life anyway (:
You seem to have more than a couple of parallels to me, actually, so feel free to PM me or anything.
Are you out to your friends or any family members? Because I found that once I was, they were amazingly supportive and I just couldn't live with 'being in the closet' any more. They can help you start hormones or something if you actually want to transition, or to give you masculine pronouns and such, there's a whole world of difference.
Hope this helps?
Feel free to ask anything else (:
x
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Caden32 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trans help please...FtM - October 21st 2009, 11:37 PM

Thanks both of yall are helpfull. I havent exactly come out to anyone. like they know im gay but they dont know about the whole trans thing. one of my friends who is also trans knows but im not sure if he beleaves me. I think he still thinks of me as a little kid. but he calls me Joe. and yea... im not sure. i will deffinitly PM you sometime for some advice. thanks again
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Pandaloo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,778, Level: 15 Points: 11,778, Level: 15 Points: 11,778, Level: 15

Re: Trans help please...FtM - October 22nd 2009, 10:46 AM

Hey! Thats kind double of me.

I don't see myself changing my sex in the future however, I don't know if you are the same. Personally I don't fancy getting a sex change, cause it's too much trouble. If some sort of fairy came along willing to change my history and everything so that I would be a guy in a second, I'd probably say yes.

It does get pretty rough being all masculine, more people accept homosexuality these days but not as many accept transgenders and such. But it's just about working through it I guess.

We're pretty much alike, I don't know how much I could help you but if you want i'll chat.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Caden32 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trans help please...FtM - October 23rd 2009, 12:24 AM

Thanks! il keep it in mind
Closed Thread