TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#41 (permalink)) Old
mixtape Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,733, Level: 14 Points: 9,733, Level: 14 Points: 9,733, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 9th 2009, 08:22 PM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?- Lesbian (But if I were to find a man I liked I would consider him, so I am not completely cutting myself off)
2.At what age did you first start questioning?- 12, when I was becoming more sexually aware.
3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? When I hit puberty and I thought about my life and relationships with people I have had.
4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex? I have not yet dated a woman, I am too busy to maintain a relationship and honestly, I do not care if I am ever with anyone again, my main focus is school and when I am done I want foster children.
5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? I hated naked men.
5.When did "come out" It took me 5.5 years, but at age 18 I finally came out.
6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different? Family is quite accepting, they have asked me in the past if I was gay. Friends were fine with it since I am typically not the first and only gay person they know.
7.Any tips for those who are still questioning? Pretend you are in this big open sea and just let yourself drift and let life take you wherever it goes. No pressure on figuring out where you fit in the LGBTQI community or having to go around parading it.
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
.Sarah. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 12,492, Level: 16 Points: 12,492, Level: 16 Points: 12,492, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 11th 2009, 08:26 PM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?
Bisexual.

2.At what age did you first start questioning?

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
I often would find myself looking at girls the way I do boys and different sexual experiences with girls.

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?
Umm an official relationship 18ish? Unofficial when I was 13, as in just sex.

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
After getting very close with somebody a few years on from being 13. It just all clicked together and I accepted it pretty much instantly.

5.When did "come out"
I have no intention of coming out to my family. As for friends most are th'ers so they already know. Offline friends are either too narrow minded to be told or they know.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
The ones that know have accepted it and no they don't treat me differently.

7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
As with anything take your time and don't let people pressure you into deciding anything. Basically question it as long as you need to.

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me. - Harry Potter

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."
- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumblordore
  (#43 (permalink)) Old
shaddowdaisy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hayley

Points: 9,729, Level: 14 Points: 9,729, Level: 14 Points: 9,729, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 12th 2009, 10:56 PM

1.I am bisexual.
3.I started to realize that my feelings for girls were not entirely platonic.
5.I just kida accepted it, there wasn't an amazing turning point or anything.
5.Technically I'm still closeted, some of my close high school friends know, but none of my college friends do.
6.Of the few people I've told, only one treated me very differently, his religious views conflicted with my sexuality.
7.You don't need a label right away, what ever people you're attracted to, you don't need to label yourself immediately. Take you time.

Remember Hope. We have Hope.

-Hayley
  (#44 (permalink)) Old
TrustingThePain Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brianne

Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 14th 2009, 12:38 AM

Okay, to the best of my ability on a blackberry...
Bisexual female, married to a man.

Age 8

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
Hmm, well at first it was just a passing notice, wow that girl is attractive, her eyes are pretty, she has an amazing voice... Then I was pregnant and dating this guy... Who was not the father (long story)... But I had this female(who has recently FTM) friend who I hung out with a lot at our mutual friends house. One night she kissed me, I kissed back. For a while I was like well she mentally is a boy so maybe that is how I see her. Then the guy and I broke up and our other mutual friend and I became closer... Nothing ever happened serious with the first girl(boy?) Anyway, so this girl and I started dating, we went to a very small private school(there were 10 people in our class at the end of the year, only 6 of which were boys... Only 3 of us were actually 8th graders!) Well it was real big gossip and through the gossiping boys I decided I was a lesbian. I started a new school the next year... We continued to date but we also dated boys to appease our parents. We drifted apart after a few years. I decided when I was 15 that I was just bi.

I tried to not be attracted to girls... Or to not be attracted to boys... I didn't work, I couldn't pick so here I sit straddling the sexuality fence.

6.When did you "come out"
My eighth grade(13) principal outed me... She came up to my moms truck at pick up and said, 'your daughter thinks she is a lesbian'! (In that class we had 1 straight girl, 2 bi/lesbians, and 1 transgender FTM! The boys were so lonely, but quite entertained.) Then I told a hand full of my siblings when I was 15.

7.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
Um... like I said my mother just kinda found out. The only children she has are my big sister (lesbian), my other big sister (FTM) myself(lesbian at the time) and my baby sister(now bisexual) who was only 7 at the time... She reacted by being very cool about it until vacation were she sat on the dock crying... 'This is all the grand kids I'm gunna have one! Four kids! On grand baby!' Then she turned to Annie and said 'Are you a lesbian too?!' Lol now she has 7 almost 8!
My 2 big sisters already knew... They had a bet going, Randy won. I never told my baby sis, she was there for moms break down. She was fine with it even before she knew she was too.
I also told my gay brother. He was all proud.
My friends mimicked me in high school so I tried not to tell them, I just did and hoped it didn't affect their sexuality.
No one I have ever intentionally told has had a bad reaction... That being said, I don't think I will tell my FRG ladies! Lol.

8.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
Question away, it is normal and natural, don't let others force you into their neat little categories, be you.

Let the attempting conception begin!
(In June 2010)

Military Spouse, Toughest Job In the Military!
  (#45 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Points: 10,932, Level: 15 Points: 10,932, Level: 15 Points: 10,932, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 14th 2009, 01:43 AM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality? Straight
2.At what age did you first start questioning? 13
3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? I went through phases of thinking I was gay and bi..
4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex? 15
5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? I concluded that I was straight not long ago, it was a phase as I now just dont see anything in the same sex anymore.
5.When did "come out" I never told anybody when I was curious
6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different? They didnt know anything
7.Any tips for those who are still questioning? If you're still questioning, just let yourself decide, dont keep it on your mind every minute of the day.. it isnt worth worrying about, I worried from 13-16, im now 18 and the 'phase' has passed Its seriously not worth worrying over!!

Edit: I know im straight but I HAVE been through this so, hope I can take part! :P
  (#46 (permalink)) Old
Sheislove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany

Points: 9,690, Level: 14 Points: 9,690, Level: 14 Points: 9,690, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 14th 2009, 02:34 AM

I'm a lesbian.
I've known since I was little that wasn't attracted to boys, it never occurred to me until I was like 8/9 that girls are 'suppose' to like boys.
My best friend kissed me; I think that's when I finally realized that I like girls.
I was 13.
I actually had sex with a guy on new years of '09. Most traumatizing night of my life.
5.When did "come out"
I told my friends and family I was bi, they said they already knew that. I've recently come out as lesbian and sh** it the fan.
6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
'When' I was bi everyone was ok with it, they already suspected it, nothing changed. The second I tell them I don't like guys things changed dramatically at my house. My friend however never left my side.
Don't try to put a label on it. Don't ever think that you're wrong for feeling the way you do. Just let time work things through.

And in the free-fall
I will realize
that I'm better off
when I hit the bottom

The times you don't wanna wake up
'Cause in your sleep it's never over when you give up
The sun is always gonna rise up
You need to get up, gotta keep your head up
Look at the people all around you
The way you feel is something everybody goes through
Dark out, but you still gotta lie up
You need to wake up, gotta keep your face up
  (#47 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 14th 2009, 02:25 PM

I would say I'm bi-curious-bi-sexual.
When I really think about it, I've been questioning since I was about 16, but kept making myself believe I was straight. When I was 19 however, I finally let go of forcing myself to believe I was straight.
Just non-stop thinking about it, and talking to some girls that I started to like.
I'm currently in my first relationship with someone of the same sex.
Feelings for girls didn't stop.
5.When did "come out"
I have only come out to a few friends on here, but no one in real life yet.
See above
Just follow your heart.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#48 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 14th 2009, 02:41 PM

Bisexual.

11 or 12

Being attracted to girls as well as boys.

I've had one relationship with a girl when I was around 14 but it wasn't anything proper.

I pretty much knew I was... I was just in denial for a while. It's hard to accept being different to most of your friends. I accepted things at about 13 but left things to go on to confirm it, I confirmed it to myself about a year later.

5.When did "come out"
I've started coming out to friends, I've managed to tell 2 so far but I doubt I will ever tell my family, they aren't accepting enough.

My friends have been amazing about it. They still act exactly the same around me- nothing's changed. Which makes it all so much easier.

Take your time, it could take a while to know what your sexuality is and don't rush into giving yourself a label because sexuality can seem to change all the time.
  (#49 (permalink)) Old
Amélie Offline
formerly rainbowblood
Not a n00b

Name: Emy

Points: 10,930, Level: 15 Points: 10,930, Level: 15 Points: 10,930, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 15th 2009, 04:13 PM

Queer. Not lesbian or bisexual. Queer... I like girls. Occasionally I am attracted to a guy, but this is becoming increasingly seldom.

Very young.. 8? But it wasnt so much questioning as it was just knowing I was a bit different. When I was 14-15 and knew what being gay was, that was when I really started questioning.

When I was in highschool I didnt find any guys attractive.. Then I got a crush on my friend, and then a crush on another girl in school. And then I got a huge crush on this other girl.. Also, I had a couple sex dreams with girls and that helped me realize what these feelings were..

Havent really yet

When I kissed girls it felt better than kissing guys. I was attracted to girls... pretty much the same as answer #3

5.When did "come out"
Havent fully yet. When I was in grade 10 I told a couple friends I liked girls and guys. Then in grade 12 I told another friend that I was queer.
But thats all so far.

They were really supportive. Havent treated me differently at all. Pretty much everything is the same.

Just let things happen, experiment. Dont worry too much about a label right now; it will come eventually. For now, just experiment, allow yourself to feel attracted to whoever you are attracted too.

"Farewells can be shattering, but returns are surely worse. Solid flesh can never live up to the bright shadow cast by its absense."
-Margaret Atwood
  (#50 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Missy

Points: 9,227, Level: 14 Points: 9,227, Level: 14 Points: 9,227, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 22nd 2009, 07:43 AM

-Idk, I guess I'm bi curious because I've never actually been with a woman but I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual. I am attracted to both men and women. Period. But no one is aware of this and to everyone around me I am straight.

-Ehh,, I think I always knew. Never really tried to deny it to myself although I sometimes get confused as to how I came to like both sexes or whether I only steer to females because of my trust issues with men as a result of childhood experiences and the fact that I feel safe with women. I sometimes wonder if I could actually fall in love with a woman the same way I could with a man. Neither one has happened yet so who knows.

-Nothing really. I just know I like women and men. I could get into more detail but it would be tmi.

-never had one. would like to though although i have some fears.

-i haven't really "concluded" it. i think we put too much pressure on ourselves to fit within a label.

5.When did "come out"
-i haven't and i don't feel the need to at the moment.

-not applicable

-don't stress. you'll figure it out eventually and you don't need to fit into any specific label. just allow yourself to feel whatever you're feeling for whomever. its whatever. lol.

Much in little.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#51 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 22nd 2009, 09:16 AM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality? - Bisexual
2.At what age did you first start questioning? - About...7ish, kind of before but I seven is when I kind of, began to understand what sexuality was
3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? - Years of finding females attractive
4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex? 14
5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? I fell in love with a girl, but I knew before that, just because I fancied both boys and girls
5.When did "come out" - Year nine...meaning I was...*thinks*....14?
6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different? - My parents ignored it. My friends seemed alright once they'd asked me a few questions. Some more distant friends where a bit shitty about it but I just held my head high, and all sorted itself out.
7.Any tips for those who are still questioning? - Don't force yourself into labeling yourself, or any same-sex relationships if you're not sure

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#52 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Points: 16,506, Level: 18 Points: 16,506, Level: 18 Points: 16,506, Level: 18

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 22nd 2009, 04:38 PM

I'd say that at the moment I'd classify myself as bi-curious =]

I guess when I first discovered porn, and learning about bisexuals and that. I kind of thought hmmmm...

To start with I was considering myself to be bisexual but I was unsure. I then came across a post on her that was explaining about people being bi-curious. I think it was then that I felt I knew who I was. Also, a friend recently came out to me that she thought she was bi-sexual - which made me think about myself some more.

I haven't had one. I don't want one. I'm only sexually attracted to the same sex.

Like I said before - when reading a post on here. And then doing lots of research into different things.

5.When did you "come out"
I haven't really. Although I did recently ask my boyfriend about how he would feel about dating a bisexual. I also hinted at it to another friend - all very recent events.

As no-one really knows yet - I'm not being treated differently. My boyfriend told me that he wouldn't mind dating a bisexual and that it would actually be pretty cool.

I guess I am still questioning... but take your time. Live a little and find out who you are as a person first.

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.
  (#53 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Points: 14,548, Level: 17 Points: 14,548, Level: 17 Points: 14,548, Level: 17

Cool Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 22nd 2009, 11:00 PM

Bisexual leaning towards lesbian. One of my sayings- "It's not what's in their pants. It's whats in their hearts. "

probably late in age 12 or early in age 13. The winter of 7th grade.

Sorry in advance- this is going to be wicked long.

My first big crush was in fifth grade. I was gaga over this guy in my class. We would switch classes for math, and if i was sitting near the door during math class I would get crazy butterflies and feel like i was going to pass out anytime there were foot steps in the hall because I was afraid it would be my crush, and he would look in the little window in the door, and see me looking like a dork. being 11 I didn't really get the concept of dating- and would write in my little diary about how he would make a great husband, he so good with his little sister, he was smart blah blah blah. He ended up dating this girl i wasn't friends with and I was crushed. That summer I dated a guy who was my next door neighbor- half a year and a grade younger than me, who was like a brother. Neither of us were really into it. He would avoid kissing, and eventually i figured out he had cheated on me by kissing another girl (rolls eyes) and we had a sucky break up that pretty effectively killed our friendship. 6th grade started and I thought some guys were cute, but I wasn't really interested in anyone. I had this one female friend- and I don't remember how it started but there end up being this inside joke that we were married, and we would sometimes hold hands and stuff. I never thought twice about it- but we both ended up being bi, and later on we dated extremely briefly. I was always interested in human rights and started getting interested in gay rights in 7th grade, when the comment "That's so gay." seemed to be every other sentence coming out of my classmates mouths. I was friends with a libraian at my townships library, and she knew I wasn't straight before I did. She recommended all these books with gay characters- and I was reading the synopsis on the back of the books and she's like "Yeah, I think you'll really like those books... are you into that kind of thing?" And I still had NO idea I wasn't straight. But when I started reading the books something just clicked for me- and a female friend who I had been getting really close to- I realized I was attracted to her, and thought she was beautiful. I questioned in secret for about 6 months- the whole second half of seventh grade. Even though I live in a pretty liberal area, and my parents are not religious, I had read so many horror stories online about teens who came out to their parents and then were kicked out by their parents, or who were abused by their peers, that I was terrfied. I remember the first postsecret I ever sent in was about questioning my sexuality. (postsecret is this project where you annoymously send in a secret you have on a postcard to this guy who compiles some of them into books and on his website www.postsecret.com) I was so scared my parents would find it when i was working on it, i hid it in like an envelope in a book in the bottom of a drawer to make sure they didn't find it, lol. Finally at the very end of seventh grade I started asking questions to my friend who I was attracted to- testing the waters to see how she felt about gay people by bringing up news about gay rights. She ended up being the first person I came out to, although I didn't disclose that I was attracted to her at the time.

August between 7th and 8th grade. I ended up dating the first person I came out to! She was my first love.

During that summer between 7th and 8th grade I didn't see much of that girl who I first came out to and ended up dating. Two months went by from when I came out to her and when she admitted she had feelings for me, and I had thought I was over her and that maybe I was straight after all. Then she told me she had feelings for me, and my feelings for her came flooding back. She was my first real partner. My first love. There was no way to deny what it was.

5.When did you "come out"?
I came out in stages. In june of '06 i came out to my best friend/crush. in july of '06 i came out to three of my best friends (two of which were also good friends with my crush). August of '06 I thought i was over my crush and she was coming on vacation for a week with me and my family. the night before we left she admitted her feelings for me and my feelings came rushing back, and suddenly we were an us. By the end of the week we had hit second base, and I came out to my mom. In the weeks that followed I came out to my Dad, my closest Aunt & Uncle, and told my good friends we were together. My girlfriend and I had several classes together in eigth grade, and it was pretty amazing how much everyone matured over the summer. "That's so gay." was no longer the response to every other question. We started getting careless in school and hugging in the hallways. Classmates were getting suspicous. In the spring I took part in the day of silence, and my girlfriend was no longer attending my school, but was my date to the spring formal, where we made out on the dance floor. We were out and proud, and all my teachers/relatives/classmates knew.

I was pretty damn blessed with how supportive people were. My teachers and friends were completely supportive, my parents were in denial at first (My mom said that i had a special connection with my gf because we were both very smart and liked to read. LMAO. and my dad took a medical standpoint and was like " Many girls your age question their sexuality..." blah blah blah. but they were never upset or angry, and they came around. ) About the time I first got together with my gf, I first started in therapy and my therapist was a lesbian (I have absolutely NO gaydar- when I came out to her I was worried she was going to be uncomfortable!) Things got even better in high school. My school had had a GSA for a long time, and I was an active participant. After a gay pride event in a near by city I came into school decked out in tie-dye, a gay pride bandana, and some sort of gay pride temporary tattoo on my face- and the only comments I got at school were high fives and sincere compliments on my outfit. I go to a different Highschool now that does not have any after school activities so no GSA exsists- but its a small and very very liberal school- and although i'm not sure if my classmates know or not that I'm bi- I would have no problem raising my hand and stating my sexual orientation for the sake of making a point if the oppertunity presented itself in class.

Don't stess over the lable! You'll figure it out in time. The important part is being comfortable with who you are.

I was lucky to be very supported when I came out. Some people I know- including my first girlfriend- did not have that support. Her mom who was religious was pretty upset with her, and took her to a christian therapist, and once tucked a note into her lunch that said "Have fun rotting in hell. Love Mom" With a heart. If you can find a gay youth support group or a GSA that will protect your confidentiality- get involved! In the united states it's illegal to ban GSA's if other after school activites are allowed. It won't make you popular if you live in a conservative area to fight for your rights- but it could make a big difference to other teens in your area who are in the closet. That having been said, pick your battles wisely- remember that Homophobia and violence towards the LGBTQ community is very strong in certain communities. It may be in your best intrest to not come out until you are positive your family will be supportive or know you have a supportive place to live in case your home becomes too hostile of an environment. The internet is a great way to connect with other teens who have faced what you are going through. You're not alone!

Anyone struggling with LGBTQ issues are welcome to VM or PM me!

Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

Last edited by Crescendo; December 22nd 2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot something important!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#54 (permalink)) Old
JustSomeone Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,769, Level: 15 Points: 10,769, Level: 15 Points: 10,769, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 25th 2009, 02:21 AM

I'm not really much help at the moment to be honest, but I'm going to attempt this anyway.

Bisexual, with a stronger attraction to girls, but no one really knows it yet.

A couple years ago, but I've had small things I've noticed for a long time. I would feel aroused when I saw a picture of a woman's breast, such as even in a manga. I've started to accept it more once I started looking at porn, I get aroused watching both men and women but prefer to watch lesbians together.

Talking to people on here about my feelings, dreams, etc.

I've never had one, I don't really know how to find a relationship, with either a boy or a girl. I've never had a relationship at all to be honest.

I've just accepted it to myself recently, about a year ago.

5.When did "come out"
I haven't come out, except a few people online know I've had thoughts of being with a girl, or that I consider myself bisexual.

They haven't heard yet.

Explore a little. Not saying that you should get right into a relationship of course, but do some research
  (#55 (permalink)) Old
ntguard19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nyssa

Points: 10,032, Level: 14 Points: 10,032, Level: 14 Points: 10,032, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 1st 2010, 09:27 AM

i would have to say bi but liking girls a lot more.. i could see my self with a guy but i just have not found him i see my self with girls more
i dont realy recall i would say about 10 12. i blocked a lot of my past.
the fact i was dating a girl and was falling for a dif girl after we broke up
when i was in 5th grade if i recall right like i sayed i blocked my past
5.When did "come out"
the concussion was that i had not stoped thinking of women
i came out to my friend in 9grad2002 the school in 12-2006 and my mom in 08
my mom know i was and was wating for me to tell her my friend was like ok and no nither treats me dif
let time make it clear for you. if you never get the filling after a couple ppl then you know. i say time is the space needed to come to the final answer
sorry about any spelling mistakes!
  (#56 (permalink)) Old
RelFf Offline
A bit of an Ol' Nutter
Not a n00b

Name: ArielleDawn (Abbott)
Gender: Erm... mm let's just say human... with lady parts... (but trans)

Points: 10,113, Level: 14 Points: 10,113, Level: 14 Points: 10,113, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 3rd 2010, 02:52 AM

1. How would you describe your current sexuality?
Bisexual-Lesbian: I am bisexual I am attracted to the opposite sex but i am not straight, not in the slightest, I prefer women oodles more!

2. At what age did you first start questioning?
Umm, I could say about quite honestly about age 10... maybe earlier... Not so sure I didn't realize my sexuality for many years...

3. What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
I met the most wonderful woman of my life, I loved her I did. She opened my mind greatly...

4. When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?
the summer between 6th and 7th grade...

5. How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
I do not know, then again I cannot quite grasp the question, I suppose I still am, questioning my sexuality everyday.. some many things in my life right now are changing and what not I am not sure I really have...

6. When did "come out"
i never really did not face to face confronting of my folks... i told my brother last year... but my mother found out through a friend seeing my facebook profile... i have never lied on facebook about my sexuality and I never will!

7. How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
A few of my friends took time to get used to it, because of their upbringing they were against it and disgusted by it but they moved past that, well enough so to stay friends with me... my brother didnt mind, and my mother is jsut a story all her own... My school kinda F***ed me over and what not but who cares its high school i cant wait for college!

8. Any tips for those who are still questioning?
trust what your mind and heart say, and only that! Even if you never really know jsut be yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If i'm going to fall, I'm going to fall on my own arse!"
- John Barrowman, "Anything goes; my autobiography"
  (#57 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 15,678, Level: 18 Points: 15,678, Level: 18 Points: 15,678, Level: 18

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 3rd 2010, 03:59 AM

1.onestly, I have no idea. Sometimes, straight. Sometimes, lesbian. Other, bisexual.... so Still Questioning.

3.Well, I finally decided I was bi when I went on this site, and was able to express myself and figure myself out and talk to people with the same mindset as me. Then, when I came out to my mom, she told me I was just a dike, which made me think... could I possibly be a lesbian? Then, my mom guilt tripped me into forcing myself to be straight. Then, after my first girlfreind made me forget about everybody else in the world....especially boys. Then, I met a guy that makes me feel like life's worth living. So, I've decieded bi until something else changes my mind...like a big mood swing. :-/

4.This year, at the age of 13. I dated my best friend.

5.I haven't.

6.I came out to my best friend and my cousin(who's like a best friend) and 2 other friends this year. So, that took 2 years. My mom found a letter I wrote to nobody in particular about my sexuality this year.

7.My best friend was perfectly fine withit since she was questioning her sexuality. My cousin, was very accepting, and told me she thought no different of me. One of my friends likes to make jokes about it, but doesn't mean to hurt me. And my other friend forgets constantly. Some kids at my school that accidentally found out because of my best freind ask me about it all the time and make fun of me... I deny it. My mom, she creid, she screamed, she went into a stage of denial, she threw me in therapy, she preassured me to go to the Chatholic Church (which I have lost faith in) she did it all, but still loved every other part of me.

8. I've learned from mistake, don't tell anybody about you questioning unless you want somebody to talk to about it, and make sure they know you're QUESTIONING your sexuality, not dead set on anything. It's okay to take your time questioning, it's okay not to know. You're not stupid or alone, a lot of people struggle finding their sexual identity. And most of all... Never be afraid to be who you are.

You can talk to me any time if you want.
  (#58 (permalink)) Old
RyanTheLesbian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan

Points: 9,099, Level: 13 Points: 9,099, Level: 13 Points: 9,099, Level: 13

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 5th 2010, 03:38 AM

Lesbian

2. At what age did you first start questioning?
At least 5 or 6, long before I knew about sexuality

I decided when I got to high school that all I would ever want or need was a girl

I'm currently in that relationship.

I say a picture of a topless muscular guy and thought about how disgusting I thought his body was

My family that knows has been supporitve, but some people at school don't talk to me any more

Don't worry about it or labels. Just live.
  (#59 (permalink)) Old
KaylaSue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,584, Level: 14 Points: 9,584, Level: 14 Points: 9,584, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 6th 2010, 01:03 AM

I am a lesbian
I never really had a moment where I was like "do i like girls or boys?" i guess i just always kinda knew. I always had crushes on girls not boys.. but when i actually said it outloud to myself i was about 13
I think I always just knew, not one particular thing
I had kissed girls and stuff before but my first official relationship wasn't until just after my 18th birthday
I had said i was "bi" until i was about 16, and i hooked up with my guy friend a couple of time and i was like just like this isn't working, this isn't for me at all haha
5.When did "come out"
I started coming out to friends when i was 15 and i came out to my parents, grandparents, brother and everyone when i was 18
my family was very very good about it, they at first said that i couldnt bring my gf over and "be gay" in their house but not she spends the night with me in my bed, so i would say they reacted very good haha, but for my gf it wasnt so well.. at first her parents kicked her out of their house.. and as for my friends all of them were cool with it but one, and coincidentally she made out with me on new years eve one time (no alcohol involved) and randomly when she would come over to my house we would kinda hook up buuttttt, she told me that we could no longer be friends if i was gay and hasnt talked to me since but overall reactions were positive
just expirement! and always be yourself! don't rush on putting on a label! there is no rush to figure yourself out so just keep doing what feels right to you
  (#60 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucian

Points: 9,868, Level: 14 Points: 9,868, Level: 14 Points: 9,868, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 12th 2010, 08:19 PM

I am a transgender/transman. I am gay, but I can (and did) fall for women too; however I'm not a fan of the lower female area.

I became uncertain of my sexuality in 10th grade. I really liked this sweet girl but I wasn't sure if I liked girls physically, so I began wondering. As for my transgender label, I declared to my mom at five years old that I wanted to be a boy. I never really questioned, I kind of just knew.

Like I said previously, I always knew I was a trans, but I officially established it after a talk with my second cousin and a reeeeally nice psyhologist friend of her brother's. As for being gay, well I was always attracted to boys, but, again, talking with some people helped establish my orientation as gay.

When I was 18 I had my first real relationship. I've kissed and dated girls and guys before that though.

I always knew I was trans. I just felt that way, and a recent relationship made this concrete-I entered it as a female to try it out, but soon became very agitated because I was being viewed as/treated like a girl (understandably) but I'm not. As for being gay, I've always heavily leaned towards guys, and with the knowledge of my trans-identification my liking of guys was thus classified as gay. However, I've liked a couple of girls, which led me to my "homoflexible" identification

5.When did you "come out"?
When I was five and again when I was 12 or 13 to my parents. 13 to my friends at the time and since then I "come out" to most of my friends.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different? Nope. I think mom is uncomfortable with it, because she doesn't say anything, but she'll take me out to buy boxers and stuff. Dad's completely cool with it and we discuss it openly from time to time. My brother's whatever about it. My friends are totally cool with it (I hang around with open-minded people).

You just have to feel it out. Don't be pressured into anything. Experiment, contemplate and you'll figure it out. No rush.
  (#61 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Name: *Spiffy nickname*

Points: 12,418, Level: 16 Points: 12,418, Level: 16 Points: 12,418, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 15th 2010, 01:57 PM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality? I am a Pansexual and a trans.
2.At what age did you first start questioning? I have been pansexual for as long as I can remember and I really started not being happy around 7 or 8
3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? its kinda hard to explain, I just am happier knowing that love is love no matter the gander.
4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex? I dated a girl -terry was her name- at the age or 10 I think
5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans? I like being a boy and i just believe love is love no matter the gender.
5.When did "come out"? I came out to my sister not long ago, she is bi so I knew she would understand
6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different? um my friends werent really amazed y this, they always really knew and my sister was kinda just like "OH, thats cool!...what IS pansexual really?" they all had a lot of questions for me tho
7.Any tips for those who are still questioning? when it comes to being pansexual just go with what you are feeling, if you want to date a girl for a while do it! and when it comes to being trans i would say ask yourself why you want it, if you can come up with 3 reasons or more then start thinking about it
  (#62 (permalink)) Old
greekchick Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 17th 2010, 09:13 PM

Caution, may not be suitable for youngsters:

BIsexual

I guess I kinda knew I was different since i was a kid but I only found out at 16.

My best friend and I were super close, kissed, hugged, held hands, I thought it was normal straight best friend stuff til she told me she was gay. Then I was like oh shit Im gay! lol. But I still like guys, so its not that much different.

I was 17 when i had my first official gf.

After trying to kill myself and failing, I figured well darn, if I can't die I might as well accept it, And I'm so unbelievably happy I finally woke up, what a horrible reason to want to die.

5.When did "come out"

I told all my friends when I had my first gf, but i don't tell new friends until we are close, It works, I turn alot of homophobes into homofriendlies cuz once they know me its hard to just back off.

I lost a couple friends, but most stayed it wasn't a big deal for them. I did have to make it clear that I wasn't into any of them and that I wasn't one of those chicks that would make it awkward for them in the lockerroom, sleepovers, being close, ect. My mom can't accept it, she pretends they are just my friends but she treats me the same and loves me so I can't ask for much more .

Don't stress out, be experimental, go only as far as you're comfortable going, don't feel pressured by anyone and be true to yourself.
Closed Thread