TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Question Bathrooms... - March 10th 2010, 04:10 PM

Okay,well like I am sitting in class.. and well... I REALLY have to go... BUT! I refuse to go to the guys washroom, and can't pass in the girls... I don't know if there are any gender NEUTRAL bathrooms for students... So I half to wait...

Do your schools have gender neutral bathrooms?

Also, I am a little scared to ask to use a gender neutral bathroom, aka, non student washroom...there was one near some lockers, but I didn't know if was for kids or not...

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Invert Offline
Hardcore
I've been here a while

Re: Bathrooms... - March 10th 2010, 04:25 PM

Many schools don't have gender neutral toilets, though some are gradually adding them, either as disabled toilets, or a single cubicle bathroom around somewhere. Though even with disabled toilets, unless you have a visible disability, it can be hard to use it.

I understand the issue you have. At school, I'd get picked on in the girls, and I'm sure it'd have been worse in the boys, so I didnt go to the toilet at school. It was uncomfortable, and it's kinda unhealthy. I know it sucks too.

I think your best bet is to talk to a teacher that you trust about it. If you are too scared/nervous to come out, you could perhaps just say you can't use the boys toilets for a personal reason, and see if they'll let you use another toilet, like the gender neutral one, even if it's not particularly for students. It's worth asking for the sake of your bladder.

Goodluck

Pride is a Protest

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Bathrooms... - March 10th 2010, 04:35 PM

Thanks... I will ask my WIP/Drama teacher over the break... I really can't wait, but don't want to ask during class due to fear of drawing attention to myself...

I hate how this! My friend Simon's school has gender neutral bathrooms... I'd go to his school in a heart beat to, his school is in city, not like middle of nowhere like this... People judge and are very mean here... So i'll wait untill the bell...

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Yikes!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Unnameable

Re: Bathrooms... - March 10th 2010, 05:26 PM

My school doesn't have gender-neutral bathrooms, so I always go into the guys'. Luckily, there's a sixth form only bathroom which I use most, and I rarely get picked on in there. Outside of school, I'd get yelled at like hell if I tried to go in they guys', so I either go in the disabled or just don't go at all...
I hope your school sorts something out though! x
  Send a message via MSN to That Sullen Piñata  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: Bathrooms... - March 10th 2010, 05:43 PM

In college we had gender neutral ones. Otherwise, no. Talk to your tutor/head to figure out some kind of deal. I've known of trans people being allowed to use the teachers bathroom.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Yikes!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Unnameable

Re: Bathrooms... - March 10th 2010, 05:45 PM

I may be alone in this, but surely you'd want to do everything you could to stop sticking out? I mean, if you go to the teachers' bathroom instead of the regular ones, people will start to talk and you know how kids can be =\
Is there a disabled one you could use or something? x
  Send a message via MSN to That Sullen Piñata  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Bathrooms... - March 11th 2010, 06:23 AM

None of the schools I went to had them. And, the college I go to doesn't even have it. It really sucks if you think about it but hopefully with time things will improve.

As of right now, I don't really know what kind of suggestion to make. You could try talking to a teacher or the principle but I agree with the post above. If you don't want to 'stick out more' then using a special bathroom might not be the best thing to do.

Well, sorry I am not of much help but I just wanted to post and tell you to keep strong and all that.

Hang in there,

Jenna

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Bathrooms... - March 11th 2010, 11:45 AM

I'm at the point where I'm living openly... If people ask, I'm more then willing to talk. I honstly, would rather use teacher washroooms, then making a mistake. It will draw attention, but I'm really not caring at this point...

I will be bring this up at this GSA meeting today,while comming out to those at the meeting... !

Thanks for all whom posted. I will just have to hold it, or if they allow "special" people to use the staff washroms, OR transform them into Gender Nutral washrooms, I will use those.

PM me anytime! =D
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Bathrooms... - March 14th 2010, 03:01 AM

Is there a restroom in the nurse's office? If so, tell the school nurse about this and they will probably give you permission to use the restroom in there. Those ones are usually gender nuteral.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
DeadlySin Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Bathrooms... - March 14th 2010, 04:10 AM

My school doesn't have gender neutral ones.
Except for teachers. And only in the middle school.
Which is kinda weird if I think about it.
But just by this thread, now I think, maybe schools should.

Pansexual. Problematically Pierced. Tainted with Tattoos. Disturbed and Depressed. And a Lost Realist.
Got a question? I might just have an answer. Feel free to PM me.
  Send a message via AIM to DeadlySin Send a message via MSN to DeadlySin Send a message via Yahoo to DeadlySin Send a message via Skype™ to DeadlySin 
Closed Thread