TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#41 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,052, Level: 13 Points: 8,052, Level: 13 Points: 8,052, Level: 13

Re: 10 year old girl in Illinois commits suicide over LGBT bullying - December 5th 2011, 07:07 PM

When I was 10, I had a lot of horrible things going on, but I never once even thought of suicide. That was a word not even in my vocabulary(And I had quite a large one)

Maybe that is due to the fact that no one sat down with me and mentioned it. In a way it could have put the idea in my head, whereas otherwise it would not have been there.

That could be a reason for an increased suicide rate. Just a thought.

I have never really been bullied. I always had the boyfriends ex-girlfriend talk shit (in high school) but it was never enough to get me to think suicide.

So I will have to assume that something else was going on.

And if they found "nothing too serious", then why can't they release it to the press. Words that may fall flat to an adult may be serious to a 10 year old.

I remember days where I no longer wanted to ride the school bus because of bullies. (I had changed buses) I feared getting onto the school bus and dreaded it everyday. But not once did I get the idea of taking my own life. So, where did she get this idea from?

This is truly sad........ I know many people who have taken there own lives and the reasons behind them are something that someone on the outside would consider "nothing to get hyped up about".

Everyone has a different state of mind and everyone's mind takes things differently and interprets them differently.

Did she ever express these feelings of suicide to anyone?
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: 10 year old girl in Illinois commits suicide over LGBT bullying - December 5th 2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeDemarcus View Post
That story is really sad! Why? Why does it always end like this?
Always? It rarely happens in reality, although I'm not sure if you're referring to reality or to the media. If it's the former, you're too damn deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Because it's more fun to read thenn "kid does not get bullied."
I'd go one step further and say in school, university, college or wherever else, it's more interesting to talk about the kid who got bullied rather than the kid who didn't get bullied. When it goes to such a severity, it makes the person unique and well, I think most people like learning about things that are unique. Granted, it's more interesting if it's closer to one's age group or older.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
  (#43 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: 10 year old girl in Illinois commits suicide over LGBT bullying - December 6th 2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
Always? It rarely happens in reality, although I'm not sure if you're referring to reality or to the media. If it's the former, you're too damn deluded.

I'd go one step further and say in school, university, college or wherever else, it's more interesting to talk about the kid who got bullied rather than the kid who didn't get bullied. When it goes to such a severity, it makes the person unique and well, I think most people like learning about things that are unique. Granted, it's more interesting if it's closer to one's age group or older.
I mean that bad news sells far better then good news, people enjoy hearing about it. Think about it, why does traffic slow down when an accident occurs? Sure, maybe they shut down a lane so we all have to merge into two instead of three, but that wouldn't take it to a near standstill. You know why? Because deep down inside, every single person, just wants to be able to catch a glimpse of somebody else dying, all we want is to see a body on the side of the road.

-Philosophical thought of the day.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#44 (permalink)) Old
Chair Offline
I'm a chair.
Average Joe

Name: Chair FritzFurniture

Points: 8,384, Level: 13 Points: 8,384, Level: 13 Points: 8,384, Level: 13

Re: 10 year old girl in Illinois commits suicide over LGBT bullying - December 8th 2011, 08:46 PM

At first I was like -_- ... and then I was like -_-
Closed Thread