TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Exclamation HELP I've started to get chest pains and stuff from binder idk what to do - August 21st 2022, 04:32 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Title. I've been binding for 3 years now and im starting to get back pain and rib pain and stuff I have a size S binder that I normally use but have begun to use a size M and its not small enough to work too well and i still get pain. I still have at least a year before I can get surgery because my parents don't think Im trans/are against me being trans. I will absolutely not be able to function without a binder and Im going into my grade 12 year so I have to prep for uni and stuff and most of my friends don't know im trans becasue Im lucky enough to pass Pre-T. I've limited how long I wear my binder for too and everything and I dont know what to do I cant talk to anyone about this. My mom won't let me see my doctor because she doesnt want me somehow getting a hormone referral or top surgery consultation for next summer when i hopefully get it. Does anyone have any advice I'm stuck and not doing okay. Thanks[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: HELP I've started to get chest pains and stuff from binder idk what to do - August 21st 2022, 07:01 AM

Hello,
I found this article on internet: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/...g#:~:text=Even if you're symptoms,Binding and underlying conditions.
In fact, it says that your binder is too tight for you. Using another larger binder will help.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,946, Level: 47 Points: 108,946, Level: 47 Points: 108,946, Level: 47

Re: HELP I've started to get chest pains and stuff from binder idk what to do - August 23rd 2022, 09:57 AM

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. If you are in school, try talking with someone about this at you're school if you can. The school counselor or a teacher that you like or the nurse and let them know that you are having a hard time with all of this and see if they are able to help you out with this and see about if they would be able to set up a meeting with you're parents and you and all of you talk calmly together and try figuring something out that will work and that you can all agree on and hopefully you will start to feel better soon. I hope you will be okay soon and everything works out for you.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: HELP I've started to get chest pains and stuff from binder idk what to do - August 30th 2022, 03:01 PM

I agree with Luca in that using a binder for long periods of time or using a binder that is too small can cause chest pain. It's good that you try to limit the length of time you wear your binder.

Would you be comfortable wearing a sport bra or bandeau bra or a bralette instead? While they won't flatten your chest, they are less structured and have less padding than an average bra, so your chest may be less noticeable than if you were to wear a bra.

If you stop using your binder and find that the pain doesn't ease, then you might want to talk to your doctor about the pain. I understand that your mom wouldn't be keen on this idea but your health should come first. I also agree with Emmie about potentially talking to a counsellor, especially if you plan on getting surgery in the future and your parents don't believe you are trans.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread