TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Relationships - May 1st 2012, 03:23 PM

(Contains around two swears. Wasn't sure whether to but a prefix or not...)

I posted this on another site as well, and thought that I'd might share it here as well. This is sort of meant as advice. It might not come across like that, though...

So, last night I got to talking about romantic relationships with two of my friends. We realized that we're all sort of in the same boat.

Now, I'm clearly not the best person in the world to give advice on romantic relationships, due to the fact that I've never been in one, and it's hell of a lot easier to give advice than actually follow it.

It's so damn easy for me to say "Go out there and try. Tell the person you like that you like them. Even if it doesn't work out, at least you'll know that you tried.", and hope that the person in question follows my advice. But I don't think it's that easy.

I tend to overthink when it comes to these things. I tend to think that it might mess up our friendship, that our mutual friends will suffer, and that (if it doesn't work out) I'll lose an amazing friend and mess up the entire group. I'd like to believe that that won't happen, that we all care about each other enough to not give up. Love may come and love may go, but I'd like to believe that the friendships that I have with my friends are stronger than that, and won't break.

"You only live once, so live to the fullest." is probably one of my most used sayings. Live with no regrets. I'd rather look back on the things I did, than look back and wonder what could have happened if I'd dared to try.

Still, I'm terrified, and I know that a lot of people out there are too. What if I don't actually like this person the way I think I do? What if I just like the idea of this person? What if someone I know likes the same person, and I'll hurt that person if I proceed? Maybe I'm just lonely. Maybe it really is love. Maybe it was meant to be three years ago, or is meant to be three years from now, but tomorrow won't be ideal. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

The world is full of could-haves, would-haves and should-haves. You only live once. Take a risk. It might not work out, but what if it does? It could be disasterous, or it could be marvellous. You never know until you try, so try. Take a chance!

If you do it, I will too.

So, who's with me?

If you want to; check out my poems and stuff under the "Self Expression"-forum.

You are BEAUTIFUL! <3

Always remember to smile!

Closed Thread