TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaylabaybexo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kayla

Question Falling for your best friend - June 25th 2012, 05:22 PM

I just needed some help with an issue I'm having. I have one true best friend, and we've been close for almost two years. But lately, I've been having these feelings. And we have these moments sometimes where I think she feels the same way. But I'm scared to make a move for more than one reason. First, if I did decide to make a move, I would have no idea what to do. Second, I don't want to ruin our amazing friendship. And third, being with a girl is against her religion. And for as long as I've known her, she's always felt strongly about that. But sometimes when we're together, I feel like both of us forget about that. I'm just really confused and need help. Can you help me?
  Send a message via Yahoo to kaylabaybexo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Come get some Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Falling for your best friend - June 25th 2012, 07:58 PM

Drink some alcohol together? It makes things happen! Or you could say maybe it's just some feelings and you rather keep the friendship and meet other people, up to you. Things change too when i was 13-4 i remember i had strange feelings for a guy (i am a guy) and was wtf but it passed after a month. Depends how much you want it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Falling for your best friend - June 25th 2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come get some View Post
Drink some alcohol together? It makes things happen!
First, she's underage, so we can't encourage her to do something that's against the law. Second, I'm not sure encouraging her to do something of this magnitude while under the influence is the best of ideas. If she's going to say or do anything, it should be with a clear mind, so as to avoid complicating things further. I don't think a drunken confession is necessarily the best way to start a romantic relationship, and it could even have the opposite effect: it could end their friendship.

To the OP: it seems you're doing a lot of guesswork, which is normal when you first have a crush on someone. Let's look at the facts, though. She likes you, that much is obvious. To what degree she likes you is the question... and the only way you're going to answer that question is by asking her. Also, her religious beliefs WILL factor into this, even if it seems she "forgets" that at times. Even if she isn't religiously devout, I'll bet her family members and some of her friends are, so she would have to deal with the social stigma if she had a romantic relationship with you. Don't assume that it's just a matter of following her heart and doing what she wants, because life isn't always that simple.

Does she know your sexual orientation? If not, how do you think she would react if you told her? If she does know, what makes you think telling her how you feel would ruin the friendship? There's a difference between ruining a friendship, and just making things awkward for a little while. I've had a friend confess their feelings for me, but it didn't "ruin" the friendship. I needed to spend a little less time with him for a while, but eventually, I got over it and was able to hang out with him like before. Some people probably can't handle the news that well, though, and they panic/abandon their friends after hearing a confession. Do you think she would freak out like that? Or would she be able to handle the news in a mature way and eventually treat you the same way she did before?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Come get some Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Falling for your best friend - June 25th 2012, 08:37 PM

18 is legal where i come from, not that many people seem to care about it.

I wasn't suggesting a drunken confession just something to release the inhibitions.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Falling for your best friend - June 25th 2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come get some View Post
18 is legal where i come from, not that many people seem to care about it.

I wasn't suggesting a drunken confession just something to release the inhibitions.
Ah, okay. Well, just the clarify, the legal drinking age in Florida/the United States, where the OP is from, is 21. Also, I'm sorry I assumed that you were suggesting she get drunk vs. get a little tipsy - my bad!

Closed Thread