TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
prettygale17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie

Unhappy My Boyfriend Broke up with me (theres a story) - July 24th 2012, 04:02 PM

So you don't get confused: there was a day when he kept asking me if me and his ex girlfriend talk behind his back we don't he constantly asked me until i had to call up his ex girlfriend to prove it from that night he kept apologizing for the last time we dated he had anger issues he yelled at me cursed at me called me stuff i don't want to repeat and that's how we broke up.
Okay well my boyfriend broke up with me he was telling me that i deserve better he says i deserve someone who can trust me enough and put me through stuff like that and he thinks he's not even a good enough boyfriend and he says there's nothing he can say or do to make it up so he broke up with me i was in shocked all i said was okay i told him i loved him and said bye it has been two days since we broke up i cant get him out of my mind i'm angry i love him what can i do?? how can i get him out of my head? how can i get over him? I'm torn up the suckish part is we go to the same church i'm going to end up seeing him i just don't know what to do Please HELP!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount56

Edit avatar

Re: My Boyfriend Broke up with me (theres a story) - July 24th 2012, 06:58 PM

Hi there

It's only been 2 days you need to give it time. Keep yourself busy and spend time with your friends and family. Do things that you enjoy doing. Can you sit away from him at church? I know you cant be in a relationship with him now, but if you do happen to bump into him, just be civil.

I know right now things seem like they wont get better, and it will be hard, but you will feel better in time.

Take care

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My Boyfriend Broke up with me (theres a story) - July 26th 2012, 01:13 AM

Haha I had the exact same thought as Mia which is that
Quote:
It's only been 2 days you need to give it time
Which I totally agree with. You liked him. Even if you guys had issues leading up to a break up, it's normal that you'd be struggling with your feelings. Just because the relationship is over doesn't mean you are over your feelings for him and that's going to take time.
As for seeing him at church and stuff, well, just try to sit in a pew that's not to close to him if need be. But you guys CAN be civil to each other. It might suck for a while when you see him but eventually you'll move on.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
revlusion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: shine

Re: My Boyfriend Broke up with me (theres a story) - July 29th 2012, 07:51 PM

Ouch. I know how breaking up feels like. It's torture, but put on a brave face, and like this has redundantly been said: go on with your life. Do things that you did before and enjoyed; keep yourself surrounded by good friends and family, and keep yourself busy. It's going to take a heck long while and it will be difficult and hurt like heck, but keep moving. It's only been a few days, so like the other two priorly said, give it time.
If you HAVE to think about him, take his feelings into consideration as well. He told you all those things, right?...In my perspective, it seems that he felt like a total jerk not trusting your word, and that he couldn't amount to what he had done. Just give him time and space. Guys usually need time to think things over longer.
And if you're afraid of seeing him like at church, like bumble bee said, try to sit far from him, and if you see him, you don't even have to speak to him; a slight nod of acknowledgement is more than enough, and you can be civil. And again, the redundant truth: It will take time.
Good luck, and stay strong!Lots of hugz too!

ps- Question: how long had ya'll been dating, if it's not too painful to ask?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: My Boyfriend Broke up with me (theres a story) - July 29th 2012, 08:15 PM

Hey there, I know your feeling bad and depressed now and I know breakups can be very hard to deal with. I'd suggest that you should spend time away from him, and engage in outdoor activities. Go to the park, go swimming, ice skating, play some games, etc. In my opinion, outdoor activities work the best when trying to get over something.
Well that's all I have to say.. Hope my advice helps out. If you wanna talk more, feel free to send me a PM or VM anytime. I'd be happy to help out and talk

(#6 (permalink)) Old
katriena99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Boyfriend Broke up with me (theres a story) - July 30th 2012, 09:08 PM

Sounds like you did love him but he didn't. It seems like he was trying to find a reason to break up with you so he used that reason to end the relationship. It is hard after a break up but I would suggest you to be with friends and family and do fun things so you can keep him out of your mind. It is okay if you miss, everyone goes through that after a break up. Just involve in fun things and try not to blame it on you. You deserve a better person than him.

Closed Thread