TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tapanga Paige Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rikki Heyman

Being Played? - July 25th 2012, 02:01 AM

So... if you've read anything else i've posted in this thread recently you know that I have been talking to a new guy and he seems into me but I'm not really sure..he set up a date to hang out" and then cancled last minute for something with his buddy.

The response I got from you guys on that was pretty much unanimous, see if he tries again. So I headed your advise and sure enough the boy made an effor to set something up the next morning..I unfortunatly couldn't make it (working for my dad) So I said something that night to him about how we should make a plan because ours kept falling apart...and he asked if all i wanted was a hook up (WHICH I DO NOT) and i explained that I legitamatly want to just hang out....he asked if I wanted to chill Sunday afternoon and I agreed. Sunday afternoon turned into Sunday evening and he told me he was stuck at work and would come pick me up sometime after 6...6 turned to 7 and 7 to 8 so I gave up. Then he texted me late Monday night and apologized for ditching me he didn't get off work until very late..and asked if I wanted to hang out tuesday morning again..and again I was busy. I texted him and told him I was free Thursday through sunday and he should pick a time that worked for him and we would make a plan and stick to it...he agreed and told me he would let me know. ...........It seems pretty back and forth but I'm not sure weather he really wants to make something work and it just hasn't or if he's just bailing on me because he doesn't want to tell me he would rather not hang out...am I just being strung along??

<3 RAWR<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CrystalCutter Offline
Suffering Member
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anna

Re: Being Played? - July 25th 2012, 03:15 AM

It's feels to me that he might genuinely being failing at keeping up hangout times..personally I would wait and see if he does make an arrangement and keep it and then decide whether he is playing you.

good luck

life is tough..

Love is forever

Soulmates exist

I'll love him forever

Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalCutter 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Being Played? - July 25th 2012, 03:18 AM

If you just met a guy, you probably don't want to hang out. Hanging out is basically code for sex even if you claim that's really what you want. If I was a guy and a woman said she only wanted to hang out, I'd think....well of course she'd say that! She's a woman. Admitting that she only wants to have sex is not a womanly thing to do and that's why she's not telling the truth. Honestly, I think there's just a lack of communication.

You may want to hang out, but it's not about what you want -- it's about what you BOTH want.

There could be multiple reasons why he's been putting it off, but it seems that he doesn't take the potential relationship as seriously as you do. If you and him don't see eye to eye, then it's already a red flag. If you see potential in someone, you'll make plans. Always. If you don't have time, you make time. If he can't bring himself to make time or keeps ditching you, then he's not that committed. Maybe he has trust issues, maybe he just wants to fuck, etc etc. You gotta set your foot down by getting his input...what he wants out of the relationship, and he needs to set a date soon. Otherwise, move on.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
iheartlouis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Being Played? - July 27th 2012, 07:29 AM

This happened to me last year. There was this guy that i wanted to get to know, so i asked to hangout. And he set up dates, but he kept canceling them. So i waited. Then he asked me to hangout, but it was nothing like going to eat or something, it was Vans Warped Tour, so it was pretty big. But a lot of stuff happened as time went on, and it turned out that he was just playing me :P I agree with Anna and suggest you should wait. If it happens again, then you should just forget about him.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Being Played? - July 27th 2012, 03:08 PM

He doesn't sound at all committed to you. His job and friends seem important and you my dear deserve much more better. Just move on

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Being Played? - July 28th 2012, 03:59 PM

I agree with the others, if he' keeps bailing on you, whether it's cause he genuinely couldn't do it or whether cause he's just being a butthead, I'd forget him. You guys are NEVER going to get anywhere if you can't rely on him to keep to his plans

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread