TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 29th 2012, 05:27 PM

Yes i'm talking about looks just curious.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 29th 2012, 05:59 PM

Why don't you ask the guy?

It depends on the guy, "alright" could mean different to other guys.

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 29th 2012, 06:06 PM

My guess that it means you're average looking. You're not on the top of his list and you're not on the bottom of it either. You're probably "cute", but not "hot". In a sexual manner, I think it would mean he would have sex with you, but you're not his first choice in bed to state it bluntly. I would agree with the above poster to ask him if you really want to know, but you can't have everyone find everyone attractive. Don't sweat it too much. Good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Mia

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 29th 2012, 07:15 PM

I would imagine he meant what he said...I know if I said someone was "alright looking", I would mean they were average.

However if you want to know for sure, just ask
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 29th 2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Lydia View Post
Why don't you ask the guy?

It depends on the guy, "alright" could mean different to other guys.

I did ask the guy he said ''your all right'' I said ''What do you mean i'm all right''? He said ''Your pretty'' I said ''Thank you'' he said ''Very pretty''
Now the reason why I've only post this is because I'm thinking hes only saying this because he didn't want to hurt my feelings and blah blah.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 29th 2012, 11:03 PM

Well, if someone said I was "alright," I could interpret that any number of ways. I would also have to take tone of voice and body language into account before I could understand what they really meant. For example, if someone says you're "alright," but they say it playfully and smile, then I might conclude they were being flirtatious, and that "alright" really means "attractive."

Based on what you said in your second post, this guy MAY have been trying to flirt with you, or it may be as you suspect. The only way to know, at this point, is to ask him outright. Don't try to get clarification on what "alright" or "pretty" means. Ask him if he likes you enough to go on a date with you! =)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Senior TeenHelper

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 30th 2012, 01:20 AM

Move on. dont waste your time with him, who cares if he thinks youre alright or attractive, blah, blah is he really that important?find somebody else that likes you for who you are, not just entirely for your looks.

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: What does it mean when a guy says your alright - October 31st 2012, 12:25 PM

It could be that he is shy to tell you the truth or flirty. It does matter the way they say it. Try stating how you feel on how you think he looks and see how he reacts to it. You might find a better answer that way.

Closed Thread