TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I Can't Get Over Him & It's Bringing Me Down - January 30th 2013, 07:46 PM

Please read, I know it's long.. This is a long and complicated story, I'll try and shorten it. But I really need some advice. I'm upset all the time and I can't focus in school, or anywhere, really.
Well I started in a new school this year, a lot of people I knew were there, though. I talked to these two guys once about video games, I started to develop a crush on one of them, whom I'll call Tom. I only talked to him once that day, except once or twice he'd say "I love you" as he passed me in the corridor or on the stairs. I was talking to this girl who was becoming my best friend (and now is) on Facebook one night. She was really close with Tom. She convinced me to let her ask him out for me. She did, and he said yes. We talked until about 1am that night on Facebook. Then I heard he'd only said yes because he felt bad, and was going to end it in a week. But then I heard otherwise from his best friend (who even showed me a few texts Tom sent), and that he really liked me now. On Monday, when we went to school, everyone knew. They tried to push us together but it was really awkward and we didn't even speak.
That went on for weeks and weeks. We spoke on Facebook all the time but never in real life, we got really awkward around eachother for some reason. Sometimes he'd come up and hug me, then run away.

We went to the cinema once, hoping if we were alone it wouldn't be awkward. But we hardly spoke before the film, and not once during. Afterwards, we wandered around for a while saying nothing until his mum called and he had to go. He texted me straight after, apologizing for leaving so suddenly.
He'd set our Facebook status to "It's Complicated". One day I messaged him saying maybe we should change it considering we can't speak. He said yeah, maybe we should, but that he didn't want to. I said I didn't want to either and we figured we'd try again. But it didn't work, for some reason we're just so awkward around eachother.

Over the Christmas holidays, ,we talked online a lot. Every night, until about 2 in the morning (even 5am once). He told me some really deep secrets, and I told him some. It was really great talking (well, typing) to him so freely.
Here are some examples when we were playing truth one night:
Me: If you could change anything about someone who would it be and what?
Him: Us, being less awkward.

-Later
Me: If you were going to die tomorrow at 6pm, what would you do up to then?
Him: Anything?
Me: Yep
Him: Watch New Years fireworks with you, solve New Years resolutions and then go swimming... I like water :3

Another boy in our year had a birthday thing in the cinema, which at first I wasn't invited to.. Until Tom asked him to invite me We still didn't speak at all during the whole day though. He did come up behind me, hugged me and said "I love you" and then ran away though. My dad started texting me during a meal we were having and they were a bit upsetting (another story altogether), he noticed me on my phone and texted me "Sup!" to which I laughed, and then he smiled at me. Even though we weren't talking.

We didn't chat as much once we got back to school, until I was sick one week and he messaged asking where I was. We chatted a lot that week, but once I came back to school he didn't message me for ages. We talked a bit last weekend, but haven't since. I think he's lost all interest on me because lately he's been commenting on lots of girls' statuses, being what's considered flirty for him.

I really miss talking to him, all I want is to be with him and for it not to be awkward. I can't focus on schoolwork, I've even ditched a few classes because sometimes I just can't think straight. I really miss him. How can I get over him, or fix this in any way?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pastlyfe96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Can't Get Over Him & It's Bringing Me Down - January 31st 2013, 01:15 AM

I've learned something's about getting over ex's even though I'm a guy, just remember if they were meant for you then they wouldn't be called your ex.
>stop paying so much attention to him
>stop thinking about him
> focus on yourself
> if it's that bad then remove him from your facebook, you're giving him way too much power over your life whether he knows it or not!
We can't all have that cliché movie relationship and sometimes it's just best to move on, you can't help how you feel about someone, yes I understand but you also can not control his feelings towards you, t least not his sincere feelings towards you .

I just thought I'd leave this here-~~

Pastlyfe96-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pastlyfe96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Can't Get Over Him & It's Bringing Me Down - January 31st 2013, 01:16 AM

I've learned something's about getting over ex's even though I'm a guy, just remember if they were meant for you then they wouldn't be called your ex.
>stop paying so much attention to him
>stop thinking about him
> focus on yourself
> if it's that bad then remove him from your facebook, you're giving him way too much power over your life whether he knows it or not!
We can't all have that cliché movie relationship and sometimes it's just best to move on, you can't help how you feel about someone, yes I understand but you also can not control his feelings towards you, t least not his sincere feelings towards you .

I just thought I'd leave this here-~~

Pastlyfe96-

Closed Thread