TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
larsenv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Okay to start talking to him again? - February 6th 2013, 08:33 PM

I need some advise.. This fall I started at a new high school as a senior. I helped out before school started to take sports pictures, to meet some people and stuff like that. I immediately noticed a cross country runner who really stood out. I didn't talk to him then and was bummed out when I realized we didn't have any classes together. A couple of weeks later, I decided to join cross country because I wanted to meet new people. After a meet I started talking to this guy at the bus, and we talked for like 2 hours straight. It was really a lot of fun! After that, we started texting but it kinda faded away. I had a fling with another guy a couple of months later, but that ended as quickly as it started.

Then, around Christmas I realized I really wanted to get to know this guy better and sent a really random text about how his game went. This led to texting for hooours many days over Christmas break. He told me he had liked me since the second he saw me on the picture taking thingy, but was so shy about talking to me. He said he would love to have an opportunity to talk to me without dying and blushing because I am "so darn cute". I was out of town, so we didn't get to hang out like we planned on. Then poof we just stopped texting each other; he said he didn't want to bother me when I was spending time with my family (even though I wouldn't have been bothered at all). At that time I didn't want to be annoying so I didn't push the texting and decided to wait till I got back to school. We still didn't have any classes together, so I rarely saw him around and thus, we didn't talk.

The thing is now, I've just gotten back from vacation, it's a new semester and we actually have a class together! We don't sit together unfortunately, but how can I come in contact with him again? I honestly like him and I feel like it could be mutual, but I don't know why I get so freaking shy everytime I see him. I really wanna get to know him better! The question is how?? Oh, and prom is approaching, so to get him to ask me I'll have to act fast...

Sorry if this sounds completely desperate, it really isn't, but there's just something about him..if nothing else, I really want us to be friends, because he is genuinely sooo nice!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 6th 2013, 10:23 PM

First of all you got to tell him that you want to be his friend and that you would like him to speak to you again. Go to a movie, a concert or get some ice creams with a bunch of friends and get him involved too, hang out and have fun, tell him you would like to go to prom with him as friends. Open up to him speak your mind he will get the hint. Good luck and have fun at prom.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 6th 2013, 10:49 PM

I'd say take what opportunities you can and start talking to him in person. I'm pretty sure your feeling are mutual so there is nothing to be afraid of.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#4 (permalink)) Old
larsenv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 6th 2013, 11:30 PM

Thank you! I will definitely try it The only problem is that we rarely bump into eachother at school, other than this one English class. Should I just go up to him after class or something? And what should I say? I ALWAYS get so shy in front of him, and I hate it. He told me too that he gets really shy around me, is that an indication that I should take the first step...again?
He randomly liked my facebook update last night, after about a month of no communication. Yes, I know facebook is harmless and doesn't have to mean anything, but I just liked the timing

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 7th 2013, 01:01 AM

I think after class you could just ask him how he's been doing and go from there. Since you two have randomly gotten back into communicating before, then it isn't going to be weird to do it again. You could also send him some texts too just to help keep in contact. Since your feelings could still be mutual, you should ask him if he'd like to hang out once you have been talking again for a little while.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 7th 2013, 09:36 PM

Ask him to hang out with you and talk to him, if you make an effort he makes an effort.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 8th 2013, 02:13 PM

I am sure he wouldn't be bothered that you two would talk again. Besides, the talking doesn't seem to be over between you two. It's time to face your fear and take the time to talk to him before class starts or afterwards. If he's willing to continue a conversation with you, he still might be interested. Good luck!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
larsenv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Okay to start talking to him again? - February 8th 2013, 09:45 PM

Soo, I started talking to him in class today and it was actually! My best friend told him to ask me to prom today (no, i had nothing to do with it, it sounds awkward and I'm honestly not that desperate), and he told her he would but he had to go to his old school. She told me about it after school and I tried finding him to apologize, but I couldn't, and sent him a quick text instead, and he said he totally would but had to go to his old school, and then he carried on the conversation about how it had been a while and how I had been, even though it wouldn't have been necessary He even asked if I had ever played some game, and I said no, and then he said that we (!) had to do that when spring comes.

Haha, I'm all excited now, even though I was originally bummed that he's not going to our prom!

Closed Thread