TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: What's the most major turn-off for girls? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t122914-whats-most-major-turn-off-girls/)

CrusadingAvenger August 22nd 2013 09:40 PM

What's the most major turn-off for girls?

What's the most major turn-off that girls find in guys? I'm just curious as to what your opinions are on this.

Broken Constellation August 22nd 2013 10:08 PM

Re: What's the most major turn-off for girls?

Pretty much having a bad personality. Meaning you're a jerk, are rude, make offensive jokes/comments, being mean, poor manners, swears A LOT (meaning like..every other word that comes out of your mouth is a swear), etc. I prefer a guy who's friendly and nice to everyone, as well as respectful, helpful, and sweet.

CorrieUSMC August 22nd 2013 10:14 PM

From personal experience: Farting is the number one turn off for girls.

PrimadonnaQueen August 22nd 2013 10:14 PM

A guy with bad hygiene lol

Magda August 22nd 2013 11:07 PM

Bad hygiene most definitely

Spoons August 22nd 2013 11:31 PM

Bad hygiene, agreed!

Always * August 23rd 2013 04:10 AM

1. Bad hygiene! Defs agree there

2. Smoking! Ew ew ew ew... No offense to smokers on this site, but it's a disgusting habit and there is nothing grosser then kissing a guy who smokes and it's just rude when a guy has to get up and leave while eating dinner at a restaurant for a cigarette.

3. Bad personality!I If your rude, making negative comments towards people, always having a negative attitude towards stuff, whiney, mean, etc that's just unattractive. Like if you go and get all huffy with a waiter cause (s)he made a mistake in the order it's like er... really?, couldn't have been nicer about that? So be nice, polite, respectful and open minded :)

4. Not being an intellectual! This isn't necessarily a "turn off" per se, but it is something I'd need to be attracted to a guy long term, if I can't connect to a guy on a deeper level I'd be bored and uninterested in him, I want to be able to learn from him just like he can learn from me and be able to have intelligent discussions :). I highly value personal growth, like trying to learn new things and such...

5. Laziness! I am an active busy person, so if you have poor exercise habits, eat badly and are just generally lazy with school and jobs and such as well that'll bug me...

I basically want to feel like my partner values his health, his job and education, and personal growth. :)

Kate* August 23rd 2013 04:45 AM

Aside from the obvious arrogance and/or ignorance or being obsessed beyond reason with health/fitness. I'm all for taking care of yourself, but if your bragging about how much you work out and how healthy you eat, or make judgements about the fact that I don't do as much as you, then I'm not putting up with it.

Alexisdominique August 23rd 2013 05:15 AM

Besides the obvious like being a jerk, and if you stink. Not even stink, if you STANK then just no. If you STANK and are also an ass then just go home.

Rivière August 24th 2013 12:24 AM

Hygiene is an extreme must for me. There's nothing worse than a really bad odour from a person, especially coming from 'down there'. A guy not keeping his bits clean is a major off-put for me especially when it comes to sex and then I'm just not in the mood and end up not being in the future because of the fear of the potentially unwashed man parts.

Another thing for me is a guy who'd actually listen, I've had a guy tell me how he's good at listening and such but when it all boiled down to it, I never was and behaviour like this can make a person feel really unloved.

Third would be a good general personality, I don't want a guy who isn't committed to me, who doesn't respect or understand me. I want a guy who'd be there for me and not be absorbed in themselves. I don't like sex-crazed guys. It's such a turn off and it's not a nice feeling thinking a guy wants to just get between your legs and that's that. A final thing for me would be maturity. That's extremely important.

Apple Orchard Ghost August 24th 2013 12:34 AM

Bad hygiene, being a misogynistic jerk, being a jerk in general, acting like the world owes you something, endlessly bragging, etc.

~Divergent~ August 24th 2013 05:04 AM

I'd say hygiene and personality. Girls do not appreciate bad hygiene and it's definitely a serious turn-off. If you smell bad or don't brush your teeth, we don't even want to get near you. XD Personality is also a biggie. Obviously some personalities just clash and don't work together, but when a guy is rude, arrogant, annoying, disrespectful, or just plain not very nice, it's a turn-off.

MegaMadness August 25th 2013 10:07 AM

Abusive and rude guys

Gingerbread Latte August 25th 2013 01:16 PM

Bad hygiene, obviously.

I also dislike smoking and although I did once date a smoker I don't think I could do it again. It didn't matter how many times I brushed my teeth the taste of cigarettes still lingered in my mouth for days after we'd kissed. Yuck.

Kindred August 25th 2013 02:46 PM

In all honesty if a guy ever had bad hygiene I think I'd just throw some soap at them, I wouldn't cross them off :p

Being too serious. I cannot be with a guy who is too serious. I'd miss the pillow fights and cute little games.

bitesize August 25th 2013 03:39 PM

Cockiness. Urgggh.

Spoons August 25th 2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

2. Smoking! Ew ew ew ew... No offense to smokers on this site, but it's a disgusting habit and there is nothing grosser then kissing a guy who smokes and it's just rude when a guy has to get up and leave while eating dinner at a restaurant for a cigarette.
Oh god, I didn't even think of that! I don't know if I'd completely write off a person for smoking, but it's a turn-off for personal reasons (my father and aunt have had lung cancer due to smoking). And then of course some women don't mind or smoke themselves. But I don't think I'd write them off for it if I really fell for their personality, just please don't smoke near me and don't lie about your smoking habits (my parents do and it just upsets me where it wouldn't so much if they were honest).

mindflower August 25th 2013 07:01 PM

Saying without thinking... HUGE turn off from past experience.
Bad hygiene (yeah for me, bad breath is the one that gets me way too many times...)
Poor personality. Just no.

Ɯιттʏ~ August 26th 2013 12:14 AM

Bad hygiene, most definitely. I'd like my guy to smell nice.
Rudeness/too much cockiness (some cockiness is nice).
Drinking.
Mustaches and sideburns. (Goatees and 2 o'clock shadows are fine)
Not being able to hold an intellectual conversation.
Too serious. I like joking around and playing games.
And just an overall bad personality.

Garyl August 26th 2013 05:03 AM

Physically? Poor self-care and poor manners. A guy with bad BO, mustard stains on his clothes, disheveled appearance who burps, farts and picks his nose is going to be incredibly unattractive. Characteristically? My top three personality pet peeves are probably immaturity, arrogance and rudeness/disrespect.

Katarina Upchurch August 26th 2013 09:18 PM

Girls really prefer guyz that don't try to change for them they just want to see the real you because in all honesty she wont care if lets say you like football not basketball but she would care if you suddenly like basketball because all her exs played basketball. SO the major turn off is LYING!

Spellbound August 27th 2013 03:21 AM

Being disrespectful/abusive/rude/unfriendly to me or anyone else.
Coming on too strong. I like my space. I don't like being bothered all of the time. Possessiveness also falls under this. I'm not a piece of property. I'm my own person. Don't tell me what to do!!
Hygiene is important as well. I could never date someone who doesn't take care of themselves, meaning I could never date a smoker.

Validity August 27th 2013 04:00 AM

I agree with everyone else.

I also think that someone whom thinks their always correct and thinking they can talk down to you is a major turn off. I hate it when a guy tries to psycho-analyse me. And if she says back off on a subject and he doesn't, wow, it turns me off completely.

Jay.

Sylinagigirox2012 September 8th 2013 06:57 AM

1. Smoking
2. Drugs
3. Bad hygiene
4. Sexually demanding
5. Not intellectual
6. Racist/bigoted
7. Beer gut

Lelola September 9th 2013 08:49 PM

1. Not brushing your teeth
2. Greasy hair unless we're working out or doing something
3. Not having a decent job
4. Not having a career goal in mind and actively working towards it

Lu82 September 10th 2013 01:42 AM

Dishonesty, Cockiness and the mind playing games they play!

stormydonna1 September 16th 2013 03:08 AM

ok bad hygiene, impulsive smoking (like one after another)

Brittykitty September 21st 2013 05:15 PM

I think that my biggest turn off would be a guy that wouldn't be able to sit down and have a serious talk about serious problems. Practically being immature, big turn off.

hypnotyzer440 September 22nd 2013 02:56 PM

dishonesty, clingy, chapped lips...Like really badly chapped lips. And basically what everyone else said.

coolkid98 September 22nd 2013 03:10 PM

Bad hygiene and trying to be funny but actually being mean and saying hateful comments; and smoking too.

Sammichez September 22nd 2013 04:32 PM

I can't really say much since I've never been with anyone but if I were dating someone, these would be my major turn offs:

1. Bad Hygiene Do I even need to say why?
2. Smoking This might just be because secondhand smoke makes me feel sick (as in the coughing and itchy eyes) but I rest my case!
3. Being too serious I want to have fun with my man :bleh:
4. Bad personality Of course this is going to be a majar turn off for me. I don't want to date someone who's going to be a total jerk to me.

Just my personal opinions :)

riceballs September 22nd 2013 10:48 PM

Bad hygiene, and since i'm not really a smoker, sometimes that can be a pretty big turn off aswell.