TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
loveme_x Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Rollercoaster of emotions. - October 26th 2013, 01:49 AM

Ok im going to make all this to the point. I really need advice because idk what to do. My ex of almost a year left for school, i felt really overwhelmed and scared he'd leave me so i told him we should take a break because as usual we argued about pointles stuff. He came home for a weekend in hopes we'd talk about it because i really wanted us to last but he said it wasn't going to. It really hurt me. But when he left everything changed. He talked to me everyday, called me if i didnt answer texts. It kinda felt weird. Then when he came home again, we talked and he said this girl wanted to talk to him and he said he don't know if we'd really work out so he was thinking about giving her a chance and suggested i do the same with another guy. I was really hurt. But then when he left i actually did, some guy i met off a dating website, thinking it was gonna be nothing but he turned out to be pretty cool and sweet! My ex then felt the hurt, he wanted me back so badly, he poured his heart out to me and i got attached again. He then started dating. So we were both in a relationship but still loving and talking to each other everyday. One weekend him and her came down and went to fair we were texting each other and when he saw us in a line for a ride him and her jumped in the line and he texted me to kiss him so i did. We had an whole argument about and he said i didn't love him and that was test to see if id do it his face but i didn't know, we argued all day the next day and basically said he regret me and everything and then all of sudden the arguement stopped and we started texting like nothing happened! My current boyfriend says he understands and open to the fact im still in love with him. He still texts me everyday and calls me. I love him so much & he says he loves me so much. But everytime we talk about us getting back together he says whatever happens happens if it doesnt then its ok. BUT TO ME ITS NOT!! I want him to be in it hard like i am. Im going to navy so ill gone for a while, he keeps saying we probably wont make it and gives me a million other excuses but says no matter what he'll still love me. I'm so upset because i want him to work on it with me but he doesnt seem to want to. Im trying to accept that but he keeps saying thats not it he just wants to face reality. I honestly dont want to talk to him for a couple of days, even though he will call my house phone and disturb my mom about my whereabouts! What should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Rollercoaster of emotions. - October 26th 2013, 07:02 PM

Someone who truly loves you won't make you feel this way. Unfortunately, when I broke up with my ex-boyfriend of over four years, I went through a similar experience. We both wanted to move on to varying degrees, but we still had feelings for each other. Those feelings kept us from having a "clean" break-up, and we weren't able to gain closure for several months because we let our feelings lead us to do stupid things.

I know this may sound harsh, but if you want to be happy, you need to stop screwing around with your ex-boyfriend and cease contact with him. Once you put physical AND emotional distance between the two of you, it will become easier to move on and find happiness elsewhere. You're not going to find it with your ex-boyfriend. If you were going to find it, you would have already found it. I don't care what your current boyfriend says... it's not fair to him (or to your ex-boyfriend's current girlfriend) to come in second place. That's not very loving, and it's essentially what your ex-boyfriend is doing to you right now.

When you find yourself thinking about the "possibilities" with your ex-boyfriend, stop. Think about the long-term ramifications. Is feeling lovey-dovey for a few minutes, hours, or days worth all the emotional pain and confusion you'll experience for weeks or months afterward?

Closed Thread