TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Exclamation Stuck between two boys in a perilous love triangle - January 14th 2014, 05:31 AM

Backstory:
In June of 2013 I attended my best friends birthday party where I talked briefly to a guy wearing a perry the platapus shirt. Weeks passed where I conversed with this guy via Facebook and eventually he asked me out. On July 14 of 2013 we became a couple and have been together ever since. We had had no fights, no breaks and nothing to complain about until now../

The trouble:
The trouble came in the form of an older guy, one year only, who revealed to me his romantic intentions with me and the one snag was that I'm a committed relationship. I always try to see the good in people, and believe that he and I can stay just friends but while he drove my boyfriend and I perilously close to splitting last week I believe I have mended that tear.

The problem:
I love both of them, in different ways but to an extent, equally. How do you pick between two totally different people tht together make you who you want to beg I love my boyfriend and how muh he adores me but the other guy is seclusion and charming and makes me go wild wanting to impress him even though I should be loyal.

The damage:
I have hugged guy #2 and not told my boyfriend, any conversations between myself and this guy are private but the rest o my phone and iPod are clear for his browsing. I don't wanna reopen that sensitive wound with my boyfriend but I feel a slight rift between us. Where I've grown and he has just adored me more, as one might a Savior or The like.

The conundrum:
What do I do next?
Both go to different schools so they don't have to see each other but I don't wanna two time either an I want to stay faithful but is don't want to lose my good friend. He and I are more alike than my bf and I but doń agree on long term per se.

The help wanted:
Advice, thoughts, suggestions, being told I'm a heartless sociopathic bitch (cuz that's how I feel), comments, ideas, tips

Happily in Love <3
- depression and suicide victim
- broken heart victim
- abuse victim
- harassment victim
Survivor through it all -> what doesn't kill you makes you stronger #toallthosewhotooktheirlivesyouwerentweakbuttoostr ong

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: Stuck between two boys in a perilous love triangle - January 14th 2014, 05:48 AM

After everything is said and done, the choice is yours. I only have one peice of advice:

Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.

It means that you should be weary that if you decide to go for this other guy, be prepared to potentially lose what you have.

P.S. If you love them equally, why not just stay with your current guy? Easiest option.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Stuck between two boys in a perilous love triangle - January 14th 2014, 11:47 PM

Having been in a similar position years ago, my best piece of advice is to cease all contact with your friend, so you can completely focus on your current relationship without being influenced by your friend's romantic gestures. If you come to the conclusion that you no longer love your boyfriend, then you can resume contact with your friend and proceed cautiously from there.

I am of the opinion that you can only truly love one person at a time in the romantic sense. It's certainly possible to have a crush on another person while you're in a relationship, but if you truly love your boyfriend, then the idea of betraying his trust should horrify you.

Don't live with regrets - tell your friend to butt out until you've had time to determine whether you truly love your boyfriend anymore, or if you're just holding on to him (and the relationship) for sentimental reasons. If you won't bring yourself to do that, then I think it's pretty clear you've already made your decision to end the relationship. In that case, the question is whether you'll do it honorably or dishonorably (making a "clean break" or cheating on your boyfriend before ending the relationship).

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Stuck between two boys in a perilous love triangle - January 20th 2014, 05:07 AM

I am exploring my polyamorous tendencies and therefore I feel I can intimately love more than one being at a time. I do understand societes preference f monogamy and I do eventually wanna get arrowsmarried to one man and settle down but I can't help but listen to my minds and body . I have mulled your thoughts over along with more recent events an have come to te conclusion that I love my boyfriend more than the other guy. But I won't stop being friends with the other guy until it is ultimately a choice between loosing or keeping my boyfriend. A irl has gotta have fun tpo.. I can't stay holes uo at home ...
Thanks for reading troughs my typos. My iPod hates me����������������b

Happily in Love <3
- depression and suicide victim
- broken heart victim
- abuse victim
- harassment victim
Survivor through it all -> what doesn't kill you makes you stronger #toallthosewhotooktheirlivesyouwerentweakbuttoostr ong

Closed Thread