TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxSaphire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I feel sick around guys who I like or guys who like me..why? - May 23rd 2015, 06:43 PM

As the title says, I feel sick around guys I like or like me.
This happened before with my now ex-boyfriend. When I went to school and he was there I felt sick, like I want to throw up. I missed three days of school because I felt like throwing up. Thinking about him made me shaky and I believe, anxious. Last night, a guy I like whom I was talking and hanging around with for months told me he loved me. It got quiet and I was really speechless. Then, I felt sick. I wanted to throw up and even now, just thinking about what happened makes my stomach turn. Why does this happen? I don't understand. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I feel sick around guys who I like or guys who like me..why? - May 23rd 2015, 10:24 PM

I haven't heard of this before. Do you feel nervous and get butterflys, maybe that's why? You should ask a doctor maybe. Dont be nervous or scared to go, he's there to help you

PM me if you wanna talk^^

Last edited by Dan11; May 25th 2015 at 08:12 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Amandaapandaa Offline
Bi and Proud ✴
Average Joe

Name: Manda

Re: I feel sick around guys who I like or guys who like me..why? - May 24th 2015, 04:28 AM

Hey there,

I know exactly how you feel. I have felt this way about a couple of my crushes years ago and my LDR when we tried to meet up. I would feel so nervous that I would become shaky and feel like I was about to hurl. But don't worry, the more you hang out with them, the less sick you feel and less awkward it gets. just tell yourself to be yourself and it shouldnt bother you too badly

If you ever need any more advice, I'm here.

Pm/VM me if you like

~A

'I have this strange feeling that I'm not myself anymore...'

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I feel sick around guys who I like or guys who like me..why? - May 24th 2015, 05:08 AM

Short answer? Nerves, probably

Has this happened to me? Yes, actually. My first boyfriend. Thinking about him gave me horrible stomach twists. Everyone said they were just butterflies and that it was cute...but it literally made me sick to my stomach. And I'll never know the reason why, but I'm gonna blame the novelty of having a boyfriend was making me anxious, and my body has never reacted well to anxiety.

So, it's possible anxiety is to blame. But feeling physically sick when you get anxious isn't good, so maybe you should be looking into that. Do you suffer with anxiety in other situations? How does your body react? If your body is reacting to stress this badly in other situations, I think I'd consider seeing a doctor because it's a horrible thing to deal with, I know

That being said there's truth to what Amanda said Over time your reaction to the same stressor fades (this is stress habituation-google it). So in theory the more time you spend thinking about the thing that's making you anxious (ex boyfriend, person you like, emotions, events) or spending time with people who make you nervous the less of a reaction it will have on you. This is a truly horrible thing to experience though, so I feel your pain.

Good luck, remember you're not alone and acknowledge your feelings. Take a few deep breaths and distract yourself, as well as reassuring yourself nothing is wrong and there's nothing to worry about!

Take as long as you need.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxSaphire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel sick around guys who I like or guys who like me..why? - May 25th 2015, 05:49 AM

Thanks! You gave me helpful answers.
And no, this hasn't happened in any other situations besides the two I have stated. Thank you for answering!

Closed Thread