TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

View Poll Results: Do you think it is right that I date someone who I have never met?
Yes, there is nothing wrong with it. 3 27.27%
No, this is wrong and you shouldn't date til you meet her. 1 9.09%
If you are both sure then it is fine. 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bunnyboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Online Relationships - May 15th 2016, 12:16 AM

Hello Everyone,
I am well I guess dating this girl I met online and I still haven't met as she lives in Ireland and I live in the UK. We basically said we both liked each other in that way so in effect we are girlfriend and boyfriend. I was just wondering if this was right, we had known each other a few months and we have done skype calls etc before. I would be very grateful of your opinions.
Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Online Relationships - May 15th 2016, 07:04 AM

I think you should get to know her a bit more seeing as you have never met each other, but if you have skyped together then I'm sure when you get to know her more then it will be fine to date her. You could even make plans to meet up with her sooner or later, just so you can have that joy of actually meeting her. If you are both fine with dating then I don't see anything wrong with it. Of course you would have to make sure you were both of suitable age, and remember that just because you both say you like each other it does not mean you are dating. She might not be okay with that or allowed to do that, so check with her first.

I'm not going to vote on your poll, simply because it does not cover my answer. Other than that, I hope you guys can sort everything out.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Re: Online Relationships - May 15th 2016, 07:11 AM

I think it definitely is as long as you guys both are sincere about it this can have some negatives to it but if you guys really care for eachother then you should not let such a thing like distance get in the way!

Closed Thread